Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or are players grabbing there opponents arms and trying to hold them around their necks? I swore I saw it just before in the Dogs/Dons game, and in the Saints/Freo game too.

Bulldogs would be a really great team with decent key forwards and backs.

Pretty sure they are following a training load designed by Burgess that might have cooked them for the minute but will feature a freshen up now (bye) before a run up to the finals. They followed a similar system last year.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the intent. Most top clubs do. But if you can't arrest a form slide, questions will be asked about a range of areas and the sustainability of a gameplan which relies more than most on repeat gut running will be one.

As I said, I genuinely hope they do turn it around. But the cracks aren't just appearing, they are like canyons at the moment.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the intent. Most top clubs do. But if you can't arrest a form slide, questions will be asked about a range of areas and the sustainability of a gameplan which relies more than most on repeat gut running will be one.

As I said, I genuinely hope they do turn it around. But the cracks aren't just appearing, they are like canyons at the moment.

I will defer to the coach - who I rate. The glaring difference between the Port of now and the Port of ten weeks ago is the lack of run. The $64 ? is, is it a mental thing or a physical thing? The most likely answer is it is probably a combination of both, but Kenny seems to think it's more mental in that rather than just run automatically, they are now having a think about it and the fear is stopping them. Whenever a young batsman bursts onto the international cricket arena you should always try and get to watch them bat live because at the initial stage they play with a freedom that is gradually taken out of their game through the need to survive. Steve Waugh Mk I used to play a flourishing back foot drive that was magical to watch and during his breakthrough series against the poms in '89 scored him many, many runs. But against the quicker and bouncier West Indies attach on bouncier Australian tracks it was a recipe for disaster, so after losing his place in the Test team, Steve Waugh Mk II returned a more consistent player but sans the signature shot. Every great Test bat has a similar story.

KH is the greatest motivator of players I have come across - and I am not the lone ranger in expressing that view, if anyone can change the players mindset it's him.

Dont know if this is the right place but **** me Bontempelli can play. I wouldnt be upset if he is named rising star. He is like Kouta mk2.

They have had a pretty good run, things have gone well for them and now they have had a few challenges I think they are learning how to now adapt. Opposition teams have also probably figured them out a bit.

They are probably going a bit light on the teaining to freshen up before finals, but that mentality might habe crept into the games, where as it has been said, players are thinking about whether to run or not, instead of just instinctively doing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Annoyed Bernie Vince got off for a strike to cornes throat. Also Nathan Jones giving a swinging arm off the ball with 4.30 left in the last.

We play melbourne next right ?

Yep. At the time I said at least we won't have to worry about Bernie. Tom's problem is he seems to like tapping guys with sensitive tums. There have been a dozen examples since Round 1 far worse than either of his 'hits'.

But apparently part of Paul Roos contract is two 'Get out of Tribunal Free' cards.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ht-for-disgruntled-eagles-20140724-zwin9.html

West Coast has urged its fans to voice their discontent to the AFL, claiming the league has forced the club to wear its predominantly white alternate jumper in Friday night's clash against Richmond at Patersons Stadium, despite being the home team.

The AFL told Fairfax Media on Thursday the Eagles had chosen to don their third-choice strip after being asked whether they would prefer to wear their predominantly royal blue away jumper or the white strip.

The club denies that version of events.

the fact that not every team in the comp has to have a predominately white clash guernsey is an utter joke and just shows the long way the AFL has to go to become a genuine professional organisation. If there was ever a shining light in how the AFL are still the lapdog of the big Melbourne clubs its this. It may seem small but its entirely representative of the bigger picture. Ridiculous.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ht-for-disgruntled-eagles-20140724-zwin9.html

the fact that not every team in the comp has to have a predominately white clash guernsey is an utter joke and just shows the long way the AFL has to go to become a genuine professional organisation. If there was ever a shining light in how the AFL are still the lapdog of the big Melbourne clubs its this. It may seem small but its entirely representative of the bigger picture. Ridiculous.
Completely agree. The home choice should always have the right to wear what ever they want and it is the oppositions job to find a fitting alternate uniform. If they dont the AFL should supply them pink tutus to wear

Completely agree. The home choice should always have the right to wear what ever they want and it is the oppositions job to find a fitting alternate uniform. If they dont the AFL should supply them pink tutus to wear
ace-ventura-pet-detective.jpg

The only way for Essendon FC to regain some sort of credibility is to completely clean out every single person who was at that club (from coach up to the top) during the supplements era, and start again...

..unless that is done, their reputation will be in tatters forever more imo..

To bring Hird back as coach next year is just thumbing their noses at everybody. Bomber T has to go as well....he is refusing to pay his fine as he doesn't believe he deserves it.

Talk about arrogant.

The only way for Essendon FC to regain some sort of credibility is to completely clean out every single person who was at that club (from coach up to the top) during the supplements era, and start again...

..unless that is done, their reputation will be in tatters forever more imo..

To bring Hird back as coach next year is just thumbing their noses at everybody. Bomber T has to go as well....he is refusing to pay his fine as he doesn't believe he deserves it.

Talk about arrogant.
While technically that's true, he has served his punishment so far and until anyone at the club is found guilty he is fine to play. Still think it was a mistake for those interim punishments. Too light for doping, too heavy for everything else. They do muddy the water massively which may have been the point

Bomber T has to go as well....he is refusing to pay his fine as he doesn't believe he deserves it.

Talk about arrogant.

Bomber was asked directly about this on 360 - he refuted the report, he said that he has until a certain date to pay the fine and he indicated he inferred that he may have disputed the amount and the requirement to pay due to the AFL potentially having breached the anti disparagement clauses in it, but he was categoric he had not refused to pay it. Maybe symantecs, but he was quick to dispel the story.

While technically that's true, he has served his punishment so far and until anyone at the club is found guilty he is fine to play. Still think it was a mistake for those interim punishments. Too light for doping, too heavy for everything else. They do muddy the water massively which may have been the point

Yep, it was botched. The AFL was so intent on making sure that a team with allegations of doping hanging over their head didn't play finals that they went too early with the infractions.

Now we have the bizarre situation where they now have honest to god Show Cause notices on the record and they are probably going to play finals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back