Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Judd and Ablett were looking at another Brownlow but had a contentious suspension lingering threatening to impede their win? You wonder if they'd modify the rules in the lead up. On that subject imagine if Rocky were to win this year and they played footage of the suspensions that cost him throughout the night. How could anyone take the suspension clause seriously?
To be fair Rocky has been suspended twice.

$12million debt lol

Gotta love how this guy's first order of business after the loss was to come here.

Docherty's match-losing shank must have put him into immediate damage control and sent him running to the Brisbane board. Says plenty.

Ouch :D

I wonder if Judd and Ablett were looking at another Brownlow but had a contentious suspension lingering threatening to impede their win? You wonder if they'd modify the rules in the lead up. On that subject imagine if Rocky were to win this year and they played footage of the suspensions that cost him throughout the night. How could anyone take the suspension clause seriously?

They wouldn't get suspended in the first place. Miraculously get off if cited.

Docherty, Casboult and Wood with the finale. All so delicious.

That said, Fremantle look absolutely cooked. Hopefully they're still playing like this in a couple of weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Docherty, Casboult and Wood with the finale. All so delicious.

That said, Fremantle look absolutely cooked. Hopefully they're still playing like this in a couple of weeks.

Ross won't have the luxury of resting anyone this year. Top 4 too tight. Walking wounded, I smell a win.

Ross won't have the luxury of resting anyone this year. Top 4 too tight. Walking wounded, I smell a win.

After last time I'd take a 5 goal loss to be honest :p

You're right though, they're going to need to go hard every game to make sure they finish top 4. If he did happen to need to give someone a rest it'd be our game though - long flight + Geelong, Hawthorn and Port as their other 3 is a bloody tough run.

Lyon's presser is pretty good value at the moment, seems relieved but understands their plight.

I like the current B + F guidelines for the Brownlow....but I think it needs to be tweeked a bit...only a bit, but it's an important bit imo.

Once a player has been suspended, they should not be included in any further match votes....its so simple, and would stop all these discussions every year about who will get votes but can't win, and/or backdating etc..

That is all that needs changing. I think for such a prestigious medal, it should be for B + F.

I think they should just be ineligible for votes in the match they have gotten the MRP infraction for. Obviously they are going to miss out on votes for any games they are suspended for too. I don't have any problem with it being for the best and fair enough rather than the best and fairest.

Considering how much of thug you used to need to be to get suspended as opposed to now - not sure that getting suspended is actually a blight on your fair character the way it might have been ... unless of course they decide to add precedent to the MRP thus allowing *everyone* to plays to come under the same rules etc...

Kind of like the no points in suspended matches/the one you get suspended in idea - makes the punishment far more fitting to the crime.

I think they should just be ineligible for votes in the match they have gotten the MRP infraction for. Obviously they are going to miss out on votes for any games they are suspended for too. I don't have any problem with it being for the best and fair enough rather than the best and fairest.
The whole Best and Fairest thing is a bit under 12s for me.
It's not an amateur sport any more.

The Brownlow itself is a bit of an anachronism. Who cares what the umpires think anymore?

That said, there seems to be very little left in the game that hasn't been made unrecognisable over the last few decades. I know there've been different rules in the past but the Brownlow has been the same at least since I started following footy.

So I'd keep the rules exactly as they are, for the novelty value if nothing else.

Now there's a contradiction for you.

Gotta love how this guy's first order of business after the loss was to come here.

Docherty's match-losing shank must have put him into immediate damage control and sent him running to the Brisbane board. Says plenty.

Ouch :D
How many so far have Doc's coach killer shanks cost Carlton the game?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back