Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Liam Anthony win the VFLs equivalent of the rising star?

From a quick look Bartlett with 1 vote was the only ex-Lion to poll in the Magarey. Probably shows the different standard in competition between the NEAFL and SANFL.

Was the forum a thing Collingwood normally do, or is it just an outcome of their disappointing season?

I think it was an Eddie masterstroke in diversion to ward off the angry punters who have been promised finals in perpetuity and paid through the nose for it to come up short. Scapegoats must be found and we must give the impression that they are leaving no stone unturned to find out the reasons why.

When the pies won the '10 flag with one of the youngest teams in memory, you would have thought that they were primed for a long run at the top. The Eddie engineered Mick / Nathan handover has been an epic backfire of massive proportions to the point that we have seen the list ethnically cleansed of anyone strongly aligned to Mick. The "culture" of the playing group has been decimated. Anything Eddie can do to maintain the membership at record levels will be done, but privately I am hearing they are worried that up to 10k in members may not re sign.

For those present at the MCG a few short weeks ago we saw the demise play out in front of our very eyes - and it was truly glorious.

On one of the footy programs last night it showed Gary walking into the forum.

Is the reference in regards to McCaffer?

No, Pert himself. Apparently Fitzroy tried to not pay him when he was laid up with an injury back in 1990 (?). Pert then left for Collingwood and has been there ever since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair to Bucks I wonder what he was thinking when people began suggesting that the club ditch the players who have injured their knees...

Wife bashing jokes are always good

Well not that exactly, more more tickled by the image that was being painted of the forum itself.

I've seen some horrendous questions asked at Lions AGMs over the years, but that Collingwood fan being furious that they werent going to immediately delist anyone with a knee injury is pretty up there.

No, Pert himself. Apparently Fitzroy tried to not pay him when he was laid up with an injury back in 1990 (?). Pert then left for Collingwood and has been there ever since.

Got you...unfortunately I remember Pert's treatment by Fitzroy all too well, which from what I recall only made his best mate in Paul Roos' defection to Sydney all the more easier.

Well not that exactly, more more tickled by the image that was being painted of the forum itself.

I've seen some horrendous questions asked at Lions AGMs over the years, but that Collingwood fan being furious that they werent going to immediately delist anyone with a knee injury is pretty up there.

Will be interesting to see if the upcoming lions Forum prevents some of those questions coming up at the actual agm

Wife bashing jokes are always good

My quoting of that wasn't to highlight the wife bashing joke but rather to highlight the joke of 'ditching players who have done their knees'. Apologies if you were offended.

My quoting of that wasn't to highlight the wife bashing joke but rather to highlight the joke of 'ditching players who have done their knees'. Apologies if you were offended.

I think he was responding to me. Thus my clarification above.

Political correctness gone bloody mad!

Desperate times and those at the top took drastic action. It's the biggest stain on the Fitzroy history in my opinion, totally immoral. I don't actually think it cost us Roos at all, Roos stayed virtually until it was hopeless and in the end he left to protect himself because the AFL would not guarantee his contract and he didn't want to end up in the same boat.

Desperate times and those at the top took drastic action. It's the biggest stain on the Fitzroy history in my opinion, totally immoral. I don't actually think it cost us Roos at all, Roos stayed virtually until it was hopeless and in the end he left to protect himself because the AFL would not guarantee his contract and he didn't want to end up in the same boat.
I actually respected the fact that Roos stayed as long as he did although I was devastated at the same time.

"There will be few football fans who have not at some point expressed out loud variations on the following: that the umpire who paid that free kick on the edge of the goal square is short-sighted, insane, or bent; that our team’s bloody-knuckled enforcer making his sixth tribunal appearance this season is a misunderstood victim; that our No827 draft pick with the glass knees and crossed eyes is a future Brownlow medallist; that the opposition star who racked up 50 possessions and scored 12 goals against us was lucky; that our coach is a tactical genius and commander of men comparable with Patton, Napoleon or Hannibal; that our coach is a blundering nitwit who couldn’t lead seagulls to chips. An amount of this, too, is OK: these are often really no more than ritualistic incantations, the sort of things we say because we understand that in certain circumstances we’re expected to say them."

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2014/sep/03/essendon-fans-afl-supporters

luthor am I cynical? o_O. I just agree with this and reading this very big footy site just confirms my cynicism!

After being stuck on the tarmac for 2 hours, Freo flight to Sydney cancelled. Will be forced to take a red-eye flight or fly tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back