Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid unit too isn't he, wouldn't mind having around forward in an attempt to play the Brown role

Not sure he'd ever be able to fill the Brown role we've missed but I'd certainly like him bullocking through stoppages and putting physical pressure on the oppositon. Handy extra target up forward too.

Thinking about it, I would be pretty happy with that effort and result if I were a Carlton supporter. They were totally outclassed but showed endeavour. We've had games against Sydney where we've been smashed in things like contested footy but Carlton held their own.

Cripps is turning into a very good footballer and is actually what Gibbs and Murphy need - a really big-bodied clearance machine who allows those guys to play a little looser. I think Graham shows something in a similar extracting capacity. Bell is obviously playing quite well. That would give them 5 decent midfield/running types. They probably need to at least double that and, in the next year or two, that means a coach coming in and making something of Yarran, hoping Thomas gets back to a decent level and perhaps expanding the repetoire of a Curnow, Buckley etc. Kreuzer would make a significant difference - Wood hasn't been awful but he's just limited.

There is a rebuild required but games like last night come probably be seen as somewhat positive for the future. But it is going to take time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Carlton really is keen on Aish and vice versa he'd be on my list of what the return package should include.

Regardless of the Aish situation, I would be keen on getting Bell to play as a big inside mid. Does anyone know what his contract situation is?

Carlton can't be looking like a good home at the moment, and he is a Queenslander.

According to Wikipedia he actually played a handful of games for the Lions reserves (as a top up) before getting drafted by Carlton via the rookie draft in 2012 (BTW he is about to turn 24). It is a shame we overlooked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back