Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we see the re-emergence of Carl-tank today. How the bottom three fare against each other over the next few months and the relative % attributed from shellackings should determine who gets the spoon.

You'd probably have to de-list half the players in the AFL then. Australia has one of the highest rates of recreational drug use in the world, of course footballers are using recreational drugs. More disposable income= more expensive drugs.

One of the reasons why buying a house and installing an 8ft fence with electrified barbed wire around it and never coming out again is appealing to me. You humans are weird.

This is a pretty explosive article..... Can see the AFL being very very interested in it... Also it is not very hard to find out what players were on the golf trip... Unfortunately one is Dixon.

Cocaine confession: Karmichael Hunt reveals footy party boy lifestyle

“My memory from around this time was very hazy because of the amount I was drinking during the end-of-season weeks and I was using fair bit of cocaine around that time as well.”
I think they would already be well aware. I also think will not want to know. I'm sure their policy will be to not go looking for "trouble". It will be treated as history, and "changes at the club, means this sort of thing is gone from the Suns".

I know if I even KNEW of someone who was using I'd get fired in a heartbeat.

What?

The only thing getting done in a heartbeat in that situation is your employer for unfair dismissal.

Looks like Bomber Thompson's real life predictions are about as ground-breaking as his partisan, mumbling commentary.

MARK Thompson fears James Hird’s coaching career at Essendon is doomed.

The man who coached the Bombers last year during Hird’s season-long suspension over the sports supplements saga, said last night he believed it was almost inevitable that the coach would be replaced at some stage.

What an incredible observation.

I'm going to go one further and predict that at some stage, he's going to die.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ja...ys-mark-thompson/story-fndv8gad-1227417948956

I think they would already be well aware. I also think will not want to know. I'm sure their policy will be to not go looking for "trouble". It will be treated as history, and "changes at the club, means this sort of thing is gone from the Suns".
Yeah I get that and understand but with this sort of information getting thrown directly into the publics eyes, I think it will be hard for them not to do something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

abandon.gif

And people told me I was being too pessimistic when I said Aussie Rules only has 20-25 years left in QLD, tops.

Stuffed everywhere. Don't expect to hear about it from the sycophants in the media, though.

It makes it that much worse that 2 of the QLD NRL sides are on top of the ladder. Heck even the rabble that is the Titans have won more games this year than the QLD AFL sides combined. AFL in QLD is in a world of hurt.

abandon.gif

And people told me I was being too pessimistic when I said Aussie Rules only has 20-25 years left in QLD, tops.

You weren't being pessimistic you were being stupid. There is absolutely no way the Aussie Rules won't be around in QLD in 20 years.

Cocaine use is rife in football. We are pretty naive if we think players already on our list aren't using.

Yeah.....Couple of years ago I read an article that 90% of the American population would have traces of cocaine in their system...I thought BS...untill I read that the residue left on their $ notes (instrument of choice) from snorting was the primary reason.

The club knows who the recreational users are, they are just trying to look proactive by announcing an investigation. Funnily enough the code of silence between Victorian clubs and the media about outing users doesn't seem to extend outside the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back