Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is bloody brilliant. The two coaches addressing both teams. Now a minute's silence.

Kudos to both sets of players and whoever made this happen.

Mitchell 34 touches though...
He had 6 more possessions but I thought Mitchell didn't have the impact he normally has when he plays us (he normally crushes). Crisp beat him easily in every other major stat category. Regardless, Pendlebury was so far ahead of everyone tonight it wasn't funny. I thought we won the midfield for the first time in yonks but we just didn't have the skill when it mattered to get the job done. Some of it goes to inexperience but there are also a few guys who don't have that excuse - i.e. White and Toovey in particular.

The difficult thing to determine from tonights game is whether we are a genuine top 6 team or whether Hawthorn have finally faded. I'm actually leaning towards the latter, they looked really tired tonight and were only saved by our errant goal kicking. I wonder how well they'll compete Sydney in Freo in September who are physically the best teams in the AFL. I can't see them winning the premiership tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back