Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we seen a worse first half from a relevant team this year? Just not good enough from a team that should be fighting to keep their finals hopes alive. Blicavs will be a some kind of player if he can improve his consistency in the ruck. It's like watching Stefan Martin if he could actually hit a target. Not sure if Henderson and possibly Dangerfield are the answer for Geelong, it doesn't look like the quick fix approach is the way to go there unless they plan on battling to maintain their position on the fringe of the top 8.
Fair suck of the sauce bottom man. If a Brisbane supporter mentioned Beams having a good game over there they would be set upon like a pack of hounds onto a fox. Incredibly hostile bunch.
Nothing on what they do to their own players over there. I'm pretty sure half of them were spuds who should never play again last week.

I am really looking forward to this years finals series. I don't mind watching the Eagles, Kangaroos and Crows and it will be exciting to watch the young Doggies as well. Don't want the Tigers to win it though and I definitely do not want to see the Hawks, Swans or Dockers win in that order. I am hoping for the Eagles to cruise to the grand final and one of the Bulldogs, Kangaroos or Crows to make the grand final to face them.

Has a caretaker coach ever been in finals before? (I'm not counting Thompson last year as he did the entire season)

Sad thing about tonight is I think there were as many crows supporters there as Pies or Cats. 4-5 years ago Collingwood Geelong would get a huge crowd.

Well that's great isn't it.. Eddie will be demanding compo no doubt then?

Eddie Maguire logic: "You gave us the undesirable Friday night time slot against a team on their last chance to make finals. It's your fault the crowd was poor, AFL. We demand compensation!"

As an aside, if the images I saw of Eddie last night don't lie, he is really an AFL heavyweight now in more ways than one. He has really got his own "strength and conditioning" program running well.

Eddie Maguire logic: "You gave us the undesirable Friday night time slot against a team on their last chance to make finals. It's your fault the crowd was poor, AFL. We demand compensation!"

As an aside, if the images I saw of Eddie last night don't lie, he is really an AFL heavyweight now in more ways than one. He has really got his own "strength and conditioning" program running well.
Gets his suits from Tall and Mighty I suspect.

1LHzPZOSeslGXS6MMVzCgZoCP7nzPolxbLzquqdOA90tHawhLvRGxM0jJu5Dz18KvfU3IyQhcID_Qa90QEG6yAANmlKmhcHDhhxx-N1ZQkhQ7pI9NrqEVw=w296-h400-nc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows have started well. Should be a great game.

Eagles desperately need some key backs though.

The Crows strong form reinforces the brilliance of Phil Walsh and the massive loss to the Crows and the league.

Jack Crisp having a blinder atm, really admire him for fixing up his kicking issues. I'd say he is in the top 3-4 kicks in our best atm (admitedly we are one of the worst kicking teams in the AFL)

Geelong have been insipid and are looking very old. They should be grateful they are getting humiliated this week instead of first week of finals.
So what? Go onto your board and boast about him. You don't need to come onto our board every time Crisp has a good game.

I have no idea who is going to win the premiership this year.

And that's a good thing.

I still think the Hawks will step up in September. They'll beat the Eagles in the first final and probably end up playing Freo in the GF.

I still think the Hawks will step up in September. They'll beat the Eagles in the first final and probably end up playing Freo in the GF.

Yeah, unfortunately.

Massive wtf at West Coast today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back