Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great night for QLD footy... Well done Broncos and Cowboys. Cracker game
unless you are a Broncos fan. I am absolutely shattered. We held on for so long. North QLD probably the better team over 80 minutes but we had them until that last play............

Don't begrudge JT a premiership tho

Cowboys channelled the old Qld State of Origen spirit where they pull off a miraculous comeback in the dying minute.

Felt bad for the poor bastard who dropped the kick off at the end 'though...
That was Ben Hunt, who has been outstanding all year, and a major reason for the Broncos even making the GF. If anyone on the Broncos team didn't deserve that, it was him

unless you are a Broncos fan. I am absolutely shattered. We held on for so long. North QLD probably the better team over 80 minutes but we had them until that last play............

Don't begrudge JT a premiership tho

Didn't he win one with the Bulldogs?

Didn't he win one with the Bulldogs?
yeah he did, but barely played any part.

Was only a young fella that played a couple of minutes off the bench. Not the type of premiership he deserves. He deserved to be the main man in a GF such as tonight. (As painful as that is to say!)

He's definitely won every personal and team award there is now and been instrumental. He's an immortal for sure and he's still probably got a year or two left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was amazing. I would say you couldn't script it, but that woas just the most cowboys game ever. Everything that team does defies lofgic.
Most of the time it's incredibly frustrating. This time it was the best grand final ever(well, i'm claiing it anyway9.

It was an amazing finish and there were aspects of the event that made the AFL's look a bit ordinary, especially the pregame stuff. But the game is the thing and that game will be remembered as a classic - little kids who were there will talk when they are old about the night they saw JT kick a field goal in extra time to win North Queensland its first ever premiership.

The real drama of sport just can't be beaten. When it is a finish like that, you don't forget it.

Whilst it was scripted to be a special Grand Final - Two Qld teams for the first time, JT coming to end of his career, Cowboys searching for their first, the thing that made the difference was both teams cracked in right to the end. Embarrassed the AFL a little to be honest.

Wonder if they will try and Hawk proof the season next year with the draw and tighter umpiring.

NRL put on a show !!

AFL was a boring fizzer.

Bring back the 80's AFL footy.
I want power forwards not these running flooding NTTAWWTs.

Remember most NRL games are flareless and error-riddled. Decent halves are rarer than hens teeth.

In saying this, the AFL has become a joke (irrelevant up here) with the game styles at the moment and how long it takes to build a finals team (compared to NRL).

Leaving the ground a couple hours later? Such a heavy price to pay for a greatly improved spectacle...

I don't get what evening gets you that afternoon doesn't, other than TV ratings.

Whilst it was scripted to be a special Grand Final - Two Qld teams for the first time, JT coming to end of his career, Cowboys searching for their first, the thing that made the difference was both teams cracked in right to the end. Embarrassed the AFL a little to be honest.

Wonder if they will try and Hawk proof the season next year with the draw and tighter umpiring.

Teams just don't try to intimidate the Hawks. Too many squibs.

I thought the mariners was the biggest choke I have seen but tonight tops that. Brisbane missed about 10 tackles in the last play and it reeked of watching the lions trying to tackle. Sure some of the lads didn't chuck on the jersey

I don't get what evening gets you that afternoon doesn't, other than TV ratings.
The very essenence of the game is improved which therefore improves the quality and spectacle of whatever the sport is *if* the event is a Grand Final or a World Cup of whatever final.

Plus the cosmetic reasons too (looks better, ratings, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back