Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unbelievable grand final, and I am not a league fan. That was just incredible.

Broncos fans deserved a grand final loss. Will toughen their spoiled fanbase up.

I fell out of love with RL the day the Bears were born.

But even an ex-fan like me has to acknowledge a great moment in sport. That was something really special.

I was "on" the Cowboys and so am feeling very happy about the result. They were severely ripped by Ref howlers in two or three big finals in the last few years and the Karma Bus owed them big time.

And yes, the gloating from the local media and their fans about Broncos perfect GF record was starting to get a little hard to take. Bad luck but stiff s**t.... justice was done. Suck it up Broncos.

Robbo and Whately were saying that after seeing the NRL finish, the AFL has to put extra time on a drawn GF....not come back the next week.

The suspense and excitement made it something very special.

Couldn't agree more.

Robbo and Whately were saying that after seeing the NRL finish, the AFL has to put extra time on a drawn GF....not come back the next week.

Couldn't agree more.

Golden point is a lottery, though. They might as well have just flipped a coin.

I'm not against extra time. Just first past the post styles of deciding a match. I hate penalty shootouts in association football for the same reason

Golden point is a lottery, though. They might as well have just flipped a coin.

I'm not against extra time. Just first past the post styles of deciding a match. I hate penalty shootouts in association football for the same reason
Think: extra time (5 mins each way perhaps?) > golden point > replay

Couldn't agree more.
Won't happen for a while yet. Reason being $$$$$$$

I'm not a fan on the way RL done it though with first past the post winning. At the same time I'm not sure how we can do it in the AFL either. 10 minute halfs? Not sure if the AFLPA would like the idea of players running hard after such a taxing game and it could open up possibilities for medical problems if they run to exhaustion.

Golden Goal in AFL would be a sight to behold though, players absolutely throwing themselves at each other

Golden point would be even less viable in AFL, imagine losing off a rushed behind.

Golden Goal in AFL would be a sight to behold though, players absolutely throwing themselves at each other

Golden point would be even less viable in AFL, imagine losing off a rushed behind.

The idea of penalty shootouts in AFL has crossed my mind... :D

The idea of penalty shootouts in AFL has crossed my mind... :D

They could go for some wacky points system. If you kick it from the boundary on the 50m arc it's worth 14 points, right in front is worth 3 points. 30m out is 6 points, ect.

Adelaide would win all the time because Eddie betts can do that sort of thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or whoever finished higher during the season wins if it's a draw.

Couldn't agree more.

Funnily enough, Wayne Bennett wants to NRL to copy the AFL and do the grand final replay in case of a draw.

Grass is always greener it seems.

Didn't the Afl change things after the Geelong / Collingwood draw - replay.
I can't say I know what exactly was changed but from recollection I thought they introduced extra time after that . And it should be golden goal and not won by a point.
What happens after that if it still a draw not sure, but they could have that shoot out, say from straight in front 30metres out,
I know what you are thinking too easy , but wait.
The player has to hold a broom up to the sky and spin 10 times then have a shot, maybe with the sound of a wobble board in the back ground by an opposition player.

With the NRL
better justice would be if the golden point rule is a try or a penalty try, and if after 10minutes each way if a team has a point in front with a drop goal or penalty points then so be it.
Dad ( Wayne) calling for a replay sounds like sour grapes.

From the AFL website, re Carlisle -
But the travel distance between his Ascot Vale home and Seaford is proving a consideration for him.
What next? A player doesn't like the guernsey? Thinks the Club's theme song isn't up to scratch?

But the travel distance between his Ascot Vale home and Seaford is proving a consideration for him.
What next? A player doesn't like the guernsey? Thinks the Club's theme song isn't up to scratch?
Seems an appropriate consideration for me. If two employers were offering me the same money but one was a long commute, you bet I'd take the job with the closer place all things being equal.

Seems an appropriate consideration for me. If two employers were offering me the same money but one was a long commute, you bet I'd take the job with the closer place all things being equal.
It is. Studies pretty well show that if your commute is >1 hour (and sometimes even like 45mins) it is going to negatively affect your health and quality of life. Of course at his earning power he can pretty easily just move but people do become attached to where they live (could be other factors like friends, family nearby, etc). People also just hate having to move, its a hassle.

Sounds like the Saints are offering him significantly more. He's probably angling for the Blues to at least match it.

It's a prick of a trip - I did it once last week - twice a day - no thanks! Much easier to cruise down Mt Alexander road and cross over to Royal Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back