Independent Wrestling Thread

If anybody has a link to somewhere I can watch/download WK10 could you pm me about it? I've looked around and can't find anywhere and can't understand the Japanese websites :p

NarniMagic

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
If anybody has a link to somewhere I can watch/download WK10 could you pm me about it? I've looked around and can't find anywhere and can't understand the Japanese websites :p
Just sub to New Japan World honestly, it's like 10 bucks for a month, comes with english commentary for WK10 and you can also access the backlog with tonnes of great matches (particularly the G1 Climax tourny from this year).
Here are some instructions to make it easy https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2nxb1q/how_to_sign_up_for_njpw_world_compliments_of/

JOELY

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great show. Okada vs Tanahashi was legit 5 stars for me and I don't actually recall seeing a better match. We've been watching this story for years and it's becoming a tad stale, but once the bell rang I was sucked in again. This ******* match. Loved how after their previous battles both seemed to be two steps ahead of every move. Loved Tanahashi going after Okadas knees like a madman, and how he just would not die at at the end. He was doing anything to hold on it his standing as the ace of the company. Amazing pacing, execution and emotion. Damn it feels good to enjoy wrestling.

So ... looking at the roster as it stands, Nakamura was the second currently healthy big, BIG (i.e. popular) star under 40, alongside Okada.

Ibushi will get fit and will hopefully pick up where he left off, if as an inferior product.
Naito is a heel and will likely never get cheered again.
Same with Yujiro, even when the BC get disbanded (can't see how they can survive now)
Don't quite know where Goto stands.

I'm only going with the native crew and those 'classified' as heavyweight contenders.

JOELY

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thought he was older than he is.

I think Tanahashi never forgave him for leaving when they were younger. Would be interesting.

Yeah, would be interesting if they could work that into a feud. I like when wrestling works legitimate beefs into a worked story line sometimes. Similar to the Marufugi/ Shiozaki thing they are touching on in NOAH at the moment. Do you think gedo/jado will bring in another gaijin to push to replace AJ. I'm not sure what else is out there.

Yeah, would be interesting if they could work that into a feud. I like when wrestling works legitimate beefs into a worked story line sometimes. Similar to the Marufugi/ Shiozaki thing they are touching on in NOAH at the moment. Do you think gedo/jado will bring in another gaijin to push to replace AJ. I'm not sure what else is out there.
I think it would have to take an extraordinary person. Someone way under WWE's radar ... which is way too big and wide-reaching now.

The whole Matt/Edge/Lita thing played out in WWE and it was awkward as hell.

Aberration

Team Captain
Jun 24, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wow. Those final 3 matches could be the best 3 match stretch in wrestling history. Didn't know if they would top WK9, but the main-events were better and I enjoyed the under-card a lot more as well.

Will be interesting to see where NJ goes from here, rumors flying around that AJ, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson and Nakamura have handed their notice in and are on their way to the WWE. Could be some main-event spots opening up for some of the younger guys like Ibushi/Naito/Shibata

Apr 1, 2011
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC
Whoever's idea it was to have Yoshi Tatsu's broken English on commentary is a fool. Painful.
I don't know, maybe because it was such a long show but by about halfway through I started to find him hilarious.

Striker would do his usual Striker bullshit and ramble about something, then throw to Yoshi who would pause..... and say 3 to 4 words.

He was terrible as a commentator but for whatever reason I somewhat enjoyed him.

Same with Yujiro, even when the BC get disbanded (can't see how they can survive now)

You reckon?

They could run out of steam but it won't be for lack of trying. Omega is the new AJ, the Bucks are still around, as are Tama Tonga and Fale.

Cody Hall probably fills Gallows' shoes and they'll find someone on the indy circuit/grab an ex wwe'er to be the new 2IC, Think I saw someone throw Solomon Crowe's name out there.

hell, who knows how long
Haku
intends to hang around for.

You reckon?

They could run out of steam but it won't be for lack of trying. Omega is the new AJ, the Bucks are still around, as are Tama Tonga and Fale.

Cody Hall probably fills Gallows' shoes and they'll find someone on the indy circuit/grab an ex wwe'er to be the new 2IC, Think I saw someone throw Solomon Crowe's name out there.

hell, who knows how long
Haku
intends to hang around for.
Yeah, I should've waited until the next event before saying anything.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
i wont be watching it until at least this weekend, but i really have no interest in tanahashi vs okada at all. looking forward to aj vs nak and especially ishii vs shibata.

Both these matches were insanely good. Ishii/Shibata was incredibly stiff, it gave me a headache just watching them, especially the headbutts :)

AJ /Nakamura was great hopefully they bring that same style to WWE though I'm not holding my breath. Will be interesting to see how WWE handle Nakamura, will he get a mouthpiece?

Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
They have a show on AXS in America. I havent seen it but i think its mostly matches with English commentary (was Mauro Ranello and Josh Barnett but JR is replacing Mauro)

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
They have a show on AXS in America. I havent seen it but i think its mostly matches with English commentary (was Mauro Ranello and Josh Barnett but JR is replacing Mauro)

Yeah they mentioned that on we watch wrestling this week but apparently it's a best of of old matches (like from last year)

Both these matches were insanely good. Ishii/Shibata was incredibly stiff, it gave me a headache just watching them, especially the headbutts :)

AJ /Nakamura was great hopefully they bring that same style to WWE though I'm not holding my breath. Will be interesting to see how WWE handle Nakamura, will he get a mouthpiece?
Those headbutts gave me a migraine from watching.

Back