Independent Wrestling Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't know which thread to put this in, so thought this is as good as any. Saw this on Facebook and thought you guys might like it:

1743559_605128562891665_1048871953_n.jpg

Matt Hardy was arrested AGAIN yesterday!
Here's his mugshot!

0129-matt-hardy-mugshot-1.jpg

LOL!! HAHA! His mugshots just keep getting better. :p
Apparently Reby Sky gave him a good beating!

this match was entertaining as hell. negro casas (whos 54, btw and last year was probably the most consistently great wrestler in the world with good to great matches every week and is on the same track this year) is ******* fantastic. his stooging and running away from atlantis is grand and the young guys hold up their end of the match.

HOLY s**t....Shinsuke Nakamura will be wrestling in Adelaide on March 28th and 29th.
I'm there. :D

I used to watch a lot of ROH. in 2008 the cost of keeping up and getting my first full time job stopped me watching.

the other big deal breaker was the very uninspired booking that would soon after get sapolsky fired.

I've been hearing very good things about the talent there now and have been looking to get back to it...but time is still an issue, as is the difficulty of keeping up with tv shows and ippv, while also selling house shows as a tv product that's still central to the storyline.

BUT - their partnership with NJPW has me keen as mustard. not so much for the potential matches - but more cos I've seen most of the NJPW guys they're bringing over. I'd watch so much more New Japan if only I could get the shows in English commentary. apparently some of their iPPVs have English commentary - but I'm yet to find an illegal version of one online yet :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting! Exciting news. :)

BTW, Just say if I had a lot of money to spend and I wanted to bring some American wrestlers to wrestle here in Australia for like a one night only wrestling event, how much will I need to offer them each?? 20k?? I'm talking about a top wrestler of the caliber of AJ Styles!
I recently saw an article that reminded me of this post, AJ Styles' asking price is $2,500

"I'm not saying I'll never do wrestling again. I did my podcast this week and said you know, crazy idea what if CM Punk and I joined forces and made a broadcast team and did an internet pay-per-view for a New Japan show. Something completely off the tracks. An not do it in a studio but go to Tokyo or go wherever the event was held. Be there as the English speaking crew. We might be the version of the Spanish announce table. And I just threw that out there and know I've got all kinds of people 'oh, when are you and CM Punk. when did you talk to Phil'. Well, I haven't talked to Phil. I made it clear on the podcast this is fantasy booking. I said this will get people talking. Well, here's a good one for you. This will get people talking. Watch how this works. And then I laid it out: New Japan is doing these pay-per-views and they want to air them in the States. They're inexpensive and all this good stuff. CM Punk is going to be available to do some stuff one of these days. And I'd love to work with him as the analyst of a pro wrestling match or a MMA fight."

I know this is only fantasy stuff from JR, but this would be amazing.

I'd take two w***ers in their mum's basement if it meant NJPW were branching out to English language commentary.

i dont think ive ever heard english commentary for japanese wrestling that wasnt completely awful and a million times worse than listening to guys yell words in a language i dont understand.

It becomes pretty important in trying to understand storylines though. The G1 Climax starts this week, and we can get all 12 events on Ustream for 110 bucks - the best part is the timezone. I'd get home from work and never be stuck for something to watch.

But... I only watch maybe one puro event a month, so 12 events over 3 weeks seemed like a lot. I tried watching a lot of last years G1 to see whether I'd get into it - watching it a year removed, the issue isn't the commentary as such, it's that you don't know any storylines, you don't know the rivalries, you don't even know who is heel and who is face unless you understand the difference between Japanese and US wrestling and then see it in their work.

I'm not that fussed about calling the moves - I'd even be happy if there was just an English language pre-show that gave all this info.

I'm trying to collect as much ROH, NJPW, Chikara and PWG stuff as possible. If I can find CZW with Drake Younger matches that'd be wicked.

Watching PWG Is Your Body Ready right now. It's the one that has the Richards/O'Reilly and Steen/Younger matches. Golden.

Collect as in buy? Or "collect" as in steal it and leave it on a hard drive?

I though it was pretty good, the main event was a good match. Vampiro is a terrible commentator though and the camera angles of Striker and Vampiro were weird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back