2nds North Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 17a @ Prospect

Remove this Banner Ad

beat north by ONLY 59. Rabble, rabble, rabble rabble

demotivational-posters-rabble1.jpg

Started slow but finished strong. Gauranteed finals for port and the spoon for North....
Into second chance land with a good percentage too. With the games to come we should stay there. Norwood's next game is against North but they're too far behind on percentage to make it up. The only problem is that we're not sure from week to week what team we'll have. You can be pretty sure that next week Monfries will be back with the Power, maybe both Krakouer and Ah Chee too. Although one or all of Neade, Moore and Young could be back.

Harvey played deep for pretty much the whole game. Butcher played chb in the first half and had a good impact, played well, but then was shifted to the deep forward line and it reduced his game considerably. Most of our damaging play came from the 40 to 50m. North sat plenty of players in our deep forward line.

Shaw got injured, Beimans got injured. We cop injuries every time we play North. By standards of other games a 70 to 80 point win is what should have happened but North (as do many teams) lift against us. Boy do they hate us. In the end I'm happy have won by that much knowing we can still be better.

Palmer is looking much closer for selection in the afl. Monfries, Butcher, Russell, Logan and the Krak were good.

Sharrad, Summo, Sawford, Masters were good. As much as Sharrad is not ever going to be an afl player, we need him on the park in that sanfl side.

Generally there weren't any poor players apart from Harvey (who was marked heavily all day), we were just not as polished as North (plus North wanted it more in the first quarter). I mean just not as polished as North with our foot skills, just like Sturt, and that is what aggravates me the most.

Frampton's three quarter time one sentence speech was sharp. I can't quote it but it was psycho and I love it.

He's starting to get it together now but unsure about afl consideration but I think Palmer is closer to selection.
id pick them both, i dont subscribe to the lets not pick them just because they are young or the theyre not ready theory. its just footy, they can play

Come on PA88, you gotta tell us more or at least the gist of it

Yeah I can't quote it exactly because I was listening to Logan rally the troops as nearly all players from both teams got into a very heated scuffle at three quarter time. It was sparked by Jonas not taking crap from a North tweed that couldn't handle copping what he dished out. Three blokes took on Redden. Sharrad and Sawford had their jumpers ripped because it is the best that North can do but anyway as Logan rallied the troops Frampton said something to do with tearing throats, don't quote me exactly coz nobody else heard it but he did say something psycho, a kind of had to be there thing t appreciate his spirit. I love his spirit and I love the players all massing to support Jonas, great to see. It is a Hocking thing I reckon.

Whenever there is a bit of a melee Frampton gets involved. Hell, I hope these boys can make afl. They're young but they have that old Port madman attitude, that don't mess with us.

We lifted after that melee which was such a refreshing thing to see.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

id pick them both, i dont subscribe to the lets not pick them just because they are young or the theyre not ready theory. its just footy, they can play

Neither do I. Palmer is pretty consistent, no frills, gets the job done and looks promising, looks like he just knows how to get himself involved in a game. I like our 2014/15 picks and I hope it is Hinkley influence. These kids have had a go from their debut game.

Yeah I can't quote it exactly because I was listening to Logan rally the troops as nearly all players from both teams got into a very heated scuffle at three quarter time. It was sparked by Jonas not taking crap from a North tweed that couldn't handle copping what he dished out. Three blokes took on Redden. Sharrad and Sawford had their jumpers ripped because it is the best that North can do but anyway as Logan rallied the troops Frampton said something to do with tearing throats, don't quote me exactly coz nobody else heard it but he did say something psycho, a kind of had to be there thing t appreciate his spirit. I love his spirit and I love the players all massing to support Jonas, great to see. It is a Hocking thing I reckon.

Whenever there is a bit of a melee Frampton gets involved. Hell, I hope these boys can make afl. They're young but they have that old Port madman attitude, that don't mess with us.

We lifted after that melee which was such a refreshing thing to see.

Frampton he is something else. He is seriously aggressive. I bet he's a throwback to the old days where you weren't sure if a team mate would belt you at training for a spot in the side.

Real footy fans aka grog squad would make a moron seem intelligent

Those tossers were the same when my dad was alive and he was a North supporter and was embarrassed by them.

I've been to a few Maggies games with my son and there is some serious hate for us. Every week we have to put up with this hate. it may make us stronger but I'm getting sick of it :mad:

I know what you mean and the last showdown at AO was really bad.
As for $ANFL games I mainly stick to Alberton and v Westies at Richmond who are usually OK.

I was planning a trip to Prospect today but thought nah watch the boys take it up to the Bullies.
Wrong decision big time. As for Westies crowds was there last year and the crowd figure was 1500.
There is no way there were 1500 that day.
My old man used to barrack for the Bloods so got a soft spot for them

Tell us Moore :mad:
Just had presence that really stood out. He's evasive. His speed and eagerness around packs gives him a greater force than other big bodied midfielders getting games. Similar to how Byron would their his weight around. Dished out another 20m handball in the third quarter to a team mate with little to no time to size it up. X factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back