2nds North Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 17a @ Prospect

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone , I've seen 4 games this year as I get down when I can as I live in Whyalla . Just wondering how the crowd behaviour was ? I've seen some terrible stuff lately . Nearly got in a punch on with a Sturt fan a couple of months ago

I've been to a few Maggies games with my son and there is some serious hate for us. Every week we have to put up with this hate. it may make us stronger but I'm getting sick of it :mad:

If its possible just go to our home games. Even the aggro loonies from Sturt,Prospect or the Pondarossa
are as civil as they can be at Alberton coz they're so out numbered.
The other upshot is your not giving $'s to the $ANFL. Anything spent on food or drink stays with us too.

I have only been going to Alberton for a while now. I can't be bothered with the #realfooty *******s - angry, hateful old people - not the sort of environment I want to take my children. AFL games are much more family friendly.
those angry hate filled campaigners were there back when i started going to the footy in the 80s too. the only difference now is the modern fan has become to used to sitting among their own in the afl that they have forgotten what happened when opposition fans are around.

those angry hate filled campaigners were there back when i started going to the footy in the 80s too. the only difference now is the modern fan has become to used to sitting among their own in the afl that they have forgotten what happened when opposition fans are around.
I know those campaigners have always been there but now nearly everyone else has stopped going to the sanfl and those pricks are just about the only ones left.

I know those campaigners have always been there but now nearly everyone else has stopped going to the sanfl and those pricks are just about the only ones left.

Just go to Alberton
simples
good atmosphere,friendly strangers and $'s in OUR pockets
If you go on your own and feel like engaging kindred spirits wander over to the cheer squad area.
Some colourful "interesting" characters there or spend $5 for an "in the Quinn" birdseye view experience
I bloody love Alberton on game day

Slightly precious IMO.

I don't go to Noarlunga or Elizabeth cause they're too far away. I don't go to Norwood because from my experience they're by far the worst 'fans' in the league. Haven't been to Prospect yet, because I've only ever heard bad things about it.

Everywhere else is fine, really.

Fair enough MrSpeaker its as much about not giving them any of my money.
The same reason I don't spend at AO except the GDV
sure its petty but its personal too. I know it doesn't make any difference probably says more about me than anything else

Fair enough MrSpeaker its as much about not giving them any of my money.
The same reason I don't spend at AO except the GDV
sure its petty but its personal too. I know it doesn't make any difference probably says more about me than anything else
Oh no that definitely makes sense, I never spend money anywhere other than Alberton!

In regards to Frampton, it's a real good sign that at 19 he is showing confidence and aggression. It's important for a bloke not to be pushed around easily because it could take a dent out of his confidence. Give him time and he'll go a long way. He'll be our next Dean Brogan, but able to show more around the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In regards to Frampton, it's a real good sign that at 19 he is showing confidence and aggression. It's important for a bloke not to be pushed around easily because it could take a dent out of his confidence. Give him time and he'll go a long way. He'll be our next Dean Brogan, but able to show more around the ground
Fampton is there for a fight, the footy is just a handy distraction. same for howard, both have that port adelaide toughness which has been lacking for quite some time now

Slightly precious IMO.

I don't go to Noarlunga or Elizabeth cause they're too far away. I don't go to Norwood because from my experience they're by far the worst 'fans' in the league. Haven't been to Prospect yet, because I've only ever heard bad things about it.

Everywhere else is fine, really.

I go to every ground and the bastards are everywhere. Last Richmond game a Westies 'lady' couldn't help herself lose the inevitable argument of which club is better. South are usually subdued. Norwood and Centrals are scathing and abusive and whiners to the nth degree. The other clubs are only a degree below all that.

I'd like to know which players in the AFL side, if they play the last 4 afl games, are still going to be eligible for the sanfl finals. There are a handful on the cusp of ineligibility. I think none of them will qualify by the number of sanfl games > the number of afl games played so it will come down to which players get dropped for the last three sanfl games. That means Gray will miss out too. We won't have the most potent midfield in the Magpies side as I'd hoped we would.

They have to play 3 of the last 5 sanfl games or had played more sanfl games than afl games in the season.

Last edited:
I'd like to know which players in the AFL side, if they play the last 4 afl games, are still going to be eligible for the sanfl finals. There are a handful on the cusp of ineligibility. I think none of them will qualify by the number of sanfl games > the number of afl games played so it will come down to which players get dropped for the last three sanfl games. That means Gray will miss out too. We won't have the most potent midfield in the Magpies side as I'd hoped we would.

They have to play 3 of the last 5 sanfl games or had played more sanfl games than afl games in the season.

You would hope some thought would be given to fielding the best possible Maggies team in the finals, but I guess getting AFL experience into some of the younger guys will take precedence over a sanfl flag.

You would hope some thought would be given to fielding the best possible Maggies team in the finals, but I guess getting AFL experience into some of the younger guys will take precedence over a sanfl flag.

I think a bit about DBJ as the emergency. It will be interesting to see which others get to be the emergency.

Harvey played deep for pretty much the whole game. Butcher played chb in the first half and had a good impact, played well, but then was shifted to the deep forward line and it reduced his game considerably. Most of our damaging play came from the 40 to 50m. North sat plenty of players in our deep forward line.

Shaw got injured, Beimans got injured. We cop injuries every time we play North. By standards of other games a 70 to 80 point win is what should have happened but North (as do many teams) lift against us. Boy do they hate us. In the end I'm happy have won by that much knowing we can still be better.

Palmer is looking much closer for selection in the afl. Monfries, Butcher, Russell, Logan and the Krak were good.

Sharrad, Summo, Sawford, Masters were good. As much as Sharrad is not ever going to be an afl player, we need him on the park in that sanfl side.

Generally there weren't any poor players apart from Harvey (who was marked heavily all day), we were just not as polished as North (plus North wanted it more in the first quarter). I mean just not as polished as North with our foot skills, just like Sturt, and that is what aggravates me the most.

Frampton's three quarter time one sentence speech was sharp. I can't quote it but it was psycho and I love it.

maybe give Frampton a go in the AFL with Ryder

I go to every ground and the bastards are everywhere. Last Richmond game a Westies 'lady' couldn't help herself lose the inevitable argument of which club is better. South are usually subdued. Norwood and Centrals are scathing and abusive and whiners to the nth degree. The other clubs are only a degree below all that.
been everywhere and i find the two eastern side whiners are by far the worst, sturt and norwood, the merger that wasnt, the who's who of who isnt, by far they are the worst. but really i find there are plenty of spots around the ovals to get away from these types. never really had an issue at the grounds but i tend to ignore or just laugh at anyone who has a crack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back