North Ballarat Rebels

Remove this Banner Ad

How are the Rebels looking this year?
Jarryd Graham most likely to debut after winning the BnF in his BFL season this year. Will be 17 next year but his height is the only downside to the kid.
Jesse Murphy, Sebastian Ross, Nick Petering, Coleman Schache are just a few names that might get thrown around in selection.

Should boost this one up, the country sides never cop much of a mention on here.

Looks like they have a fairly young group on paper, but some decent taller guys returning in their 18th and 19th year.

Anybody seen them pre-season?

got a very fit and athletic team, should do well outrunning and outworking the other teams
Didn't do a great job of it yesterday, but I do like the make up of their list.

However, I worry about the consistency of a few of their players. There were a few of these 'athletes' who bobbed in and out of the game yesterday.

From what I've heard he didn't get the sack but moved on before he got the sack. Not sure if Partington liked him or not but from speaking to a few people within the Rebels area that Wilkins was poor in bulding relationships with players/parents and the staff. Not a good mix for any TAC team. New coach has been appointed and from all reports is going well.

How are the Rebels looking this year?
Jarryd Graham most likely to debut after winning the BnF in his BFL season this year. Will be 17 next year but his height is the only downside to the kid.
Jesse Murphy, Sebastian Ross, Nick Petering, Coleman Schache are just a few names that might get thrown around in selection.

Went to watch rebels vs pioneers at eureka on Sunday, both teams had players out, pioneers kicked 9 goals to zip in the first quarter... Smashed them!!!

Rebels were slow and lacked skill and team work, they are in a lot of trouble if bendigo are touching them up...

A kid braeden Knox is one to watch from the pioneers, kicked 4 in the first quarter and made his opponent look stupid... Great leap and accurate kick.. Decimate draft chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to watch rebels vs pioneers at eureka on Sunday, both teams had players out, pioneers kicked 9 goals to zip in the first quarter... Smashed them!!!

Rebels were slow and lacked skill and team work, they are in a lot of trouble if bendigo are touching them up...

A kid braeden Knox is one to watch from the pioneers, kicked 4 in the first quarter and made his opponent look stupid... Great leap and accurate kick.. Decimate draft chance
Interesting to see if the Pios can keep it up. Recent years have not been good ones and the lack of success is no longer a monkey on their backs, more like King Kong.

Heard that Rebels had their first 10 players picked resting?

2011 REBELS LEADERSHIP GROUP

:footy:Nick O'BRIEN (Captain)
:footy:Brad CROUCH
:footy:Coleman SCHACHE
:footy:Darcy WATCHORN
:footy:David MORRIS
:footy:Peter LULHAM
:footy:Sebastian ROSS
:footy:Will POMORIN

Lots of debutantes this year, the most notable of which is young Brad Crouch, has a maturity about him that has seen him step up into TAC Cup level; and look very much in control. Collectively the team seems to have a harder edge this year, and opponents have really had to earn their possessions. The team seams pretty even across all their lines, and has been hard running and workmen like. There is still a fair bit of improvement left, not just the first year boys, but in the second year players as well. Wil Pomorin has been down on his usually high standards and will improve as the year progresses. I really rate Wil and would consider him to be a likely draft pick, at years end.

Lots of debutantes this year, the most notable of which is young Brad Crouch, has a maturity about him that has seen him step up into TAC Cup level; and look very much in control. Collectively the team seems to have a harder edge this year, and opponents have really had to earn their possessions. The team seams pretty even across all their lines, and has been hard running and workmen like. There is still a fair bit of improvement left, not just the first year boys, but in the second year players as well. Wil Pomorin has been down on his usually high standards and will improve as the year progresses. I really rate Wil and would consider him to be a likely draft pick, at years end.
Thanks for the report, It should be a big test for the boys this sunday.

Good summary.

Have liked what I've seen of the Rebels so far this year - they have the inside ball winners like Crouch, Schache and Lloyd. O'Brien can go through there, or be dangerous forward. Through Ross in, the speedy Dalgleish (who was involved in a few events at the Stawell Gift a couple of weeks ago), Spriggs who we probably haven't seen the best of yet. Watchorn has been alright deep, or up the ground, and Ison has been a little patchy but when he's been on he's provided a decent target at half forward. And Jake Neade, well he's a little superstar. Very dangerous in the forward half of the ground.

On a disappointing note, I believe Peter Lulham has a long term injury.

Will be interesting to see how they go on Sunday.

Good summary.

Have liked what I've seen of the Rebels so far this year - they have the inside ball winners like Crouch, Schache and Lloyd. O'Brien can go through there, or be dangerous forward. Through Ross in, the speedy Dalgleish (who was involved in a few events at the Stawell Gift a couple of weeks ago), Spriggs who we probably haven't seen the best of yet. Watchorn has been alright deep, or up the ground, and Ison has been a little patchy but when he's been on he's provided a decent target at half forward. And Jake Neade, well he's a little superstar. Very dangerous in the forward half of the ground.

How old is he?

Footyman you referred to Jake Neade as a little superstar, is he the most exciting player pound for pound (only 171cm 63kg) in the TAC Cup? For those that haven't seen Jake, he is a young (bottom aged at 29/5/94) indeginous lad from the NT, who can run, jump and tackle; like a bloke twice his size. He's very instinctive, reads the play well and is one of those players you just love to watch play footy.

Re your comment about it being interesting to see how they go on Sunday against the Cannons, I reckon your absolutelu right. It's a hard one to predict so early in the season, the Rebels have 1 more win but a lesser percentage. Last week the Cannons put the Bushrangers away by 4 goals, whereas the Rebels just fell over the line in a really close affair with the Bushrangers; the week before.

TT to answer your question re Crouch, his D.O.B. is 14/01/94

Good summary.

I listened to the game on the internet and it sounded like the Rebels had a lot of the ball but just didn't capitalise on their opportunites , it was a bit of a pity the game finished the way it did. The guys doing the radio broadcast did a great job and they even got excited towards the end of the game. Well done guys.

Sure, they were much cleaner with foot skills and that was the difference between the two sides. They won the ball out of the centre with the big ruckman winning most the centre bounces. The full forward Darcy Watchorn was a clear winner and even though he missed a couple of set shots would have kicked at least 4 or 5 goals. The delivery to Watchorn was first rate and given he is provided with plenty of space in front, great lead and good hands ~ was the dominant player on the ground. Rory Taggert won a lot of the footy in the mid field. Pioneers had plenty of the footy but the turnovers killed them and the rebels made them pay big time. Whilst I did not keep stats, the goals rebels kicked from turnovers would be significant. Two kick out short passes by the Pioneers went directly to a rebel player who drilled the goals. That said, the pressure put on by the rebels when not in possession was a contributing factor. Sorry I don't know the players names but from a rebels perspective they were the better team and deserved to come away with the victory.

Round 7: Bendigo Pioneers v's North Ballarat Rebels, Played in Mildura.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back