• As bad as a Liam Anthony inside 50 - Explain below

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fellow Shinboners,

As part of a BigFooty wide initiative, we are seeking feedback from you all about the North Board. What works, what doesn't, how we moderators are doing and what we can do to make it better.

Vote in the poll, but take some time to give us your thoughts. This thread will remain open for seven days and we will respond seven days after it's closure. The only moderator intervention will be to remove offensive material.

Your participation will be greatly appreciated.

Play ball.

shinboner spiggs

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jazz, West Indies
Board runs quite smoothly, its highly active and there seems to be a greater IQ then on other boards *cough*richmond *cough*carlton.

Perhaps to reduce clogging of threads, more mega threads? An addition of an official VFL thread, maybe something on all things MRP? Just keeps things a little more organised and when we do end up losing to GWS or something and the vent threads fly in, finding out MRP news or VFL games isnt as difficult.

Roast- Not all north posters are using * enough, really rubs me the wrong way.

Seriously though, largely love the work around here, usual issues with game day threads and personal squabbling amongst posters on certain players.

spongebucket

All Australian
Jun 18, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NBA, F1, EPL
Considering how many different BF Forum members there are posting here I think the North Board is run very well, controlling a lot of different threads and member’s behaviour would be rather difficult, So Kudos to the Mods.

One thing I’d like to see is a Royal Blue and White stripe on either side of the Forum (much like the Hawthorn board has). Minor I know, but it’s better than looking at grey for us PC users.

It's brilliant. Excellent moderating, you guys really get the balance between too much and not enough censorship, and have a great knack of knowing where the line should be drawn.

Not long ago I was banned from a forum, along with a bunch of others, for going into bat for a female member who was copping low level sexual harassment. The moderator (there was only one) was non-engaged and a virtual non-participant, and whose moderation approach was to ignore everything and not handle complaints properly (or at all), which let tension develop between forum members into outright hostility, before suddenly mass-banning everyone involved when he got jack of it, whether in the right, wrong or indifferent.

This forum is far more emotionally charged than that forum ever was, but the proactive and common sense to moderation shown here works wonders in ensuring everyone gets to say their bit without being jerks about it, and preventing things from getting out of hand.

Kudos fellas :thumbsu:

I like it and might hang around for a while longer. Our mods are the only ''umpires'' I have any respect for. They all do a great job.

To be fair, the question should be asked again after a loss (assuming we lose another game one day). What Engimal says above about our Board post-loss is pretty accurate.

Fellow Shinboners,

As part of a BigFooty wide initiative, we are seeking feedback from you all about the North Board. What works, what doesn't, how we moderators are doing and what we can do to make it better.

Vote in the poll, but take some time to give us your thoughts. This thread will remain open for seven days and we will respond seven days after it's closure. The only moderator intervention will be to remove offensive material.

Your participation will be greatly appreciated.

Play ball.

It's missing the option of

The Moderators are ace because I f***ing said so.

The moderators are absolutely top notch and I commend you all on doing a wonderful job.

The main negative is this place can become downright toxic after a loss but that is mostly the posters' fault not the mods. B Tron even created that "mabo" thread but sadly it was largely ignored.

I think after particularly bad losses their should be a ban on creating new "roast" threads for 24 hours and have everything merged / confined into one "vent" thread as I have heard other boards do.

I also think it would be good to have some sort of North image added to the board background and (from a more general feedback angle) I agree that the tapatalk situation should have been resolved by now.

As I said at the beginning, overall I love the place and think the mods here are fantastic.

I love how this board is moderated as it can get highly emotional especially after a bad loss

I agree with shinboner spriggs about the combined VFL megathread and maybe even a megathread for each young player (ie like Sugar, mason, side show bob and silver)

Roos Addick

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic
My only issue is after EVERY flippin game there are 10 new threads on a player or an umpire or certain play in a game. Eg. Last week a JZ thread gets started about how good he was. Yes he was good, for that game, so why can't it just go in one big mega autopsy thread were we discuss that one game. Just feels like a lot of meaningless thread to me but that's just my opinion.

Agree on the need for a single vent thread, this would at least collate all the roasting and hostility in to a single thread that could be ignored. Personal abuse and name calling of our players is a pet hate and should be removed. Constructive criticism is totally fine / expected.

Place goes all right I reckon. Would love people to use Lidge's Lounge more for non footy banter. Mods are great, they clean up a lot of crap before most see it I think. Gameday threads can be worse than facebook sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back