North Central Football League - 2013 and Beyond!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over/Under on another unfunny overused "Darwin Saints" reference from the WNFC scribe in the recorder?

Whilst on odds, Sportingbet still taking bets on Wyche and Donald for the flag... wonder if they got any hits...

Wedd out from 1.20 to 1.33
Charlton back into 5, from 6
St Arnaud out from 4, to 5
Birchip out to 12, from 8
Boort out to 18, from 8
Get over yourself M4S take the journey wear the tag, more importantly when u play the other 6 northern fellas in finals what becomes of ur locals,???? flawed logic, more importantly what about these fools at AfL CENTRAL VIC.
1. Point system to b trialied 2015, might suit Saints, Donald with junior numbers aplenty. no value to any one else.
2. This dickhead proposal to play 4 league grand finalists in a first round footy fest at the QEO,
NO Surrounding league is surely gonna agree with this because of cost or resources and loss of revenue, and finally
Beulah/ Hopetoun to appeal to AFLVIC to move to NCFL FOR 2015.
Instead of giving us B/S about your hurt feelings M4S post some news and create a bit of interest and breathe some life into a rooted thread.

Re: points - It's not an AFL Central Vic decision, this will be state wide

Done a quick tally up on points myself when I first heard about it last week... Using the sunraysia method, Boort and Birchip would struggle the most... Wedderburn, Donald, St Arnaud, Charlton and Wyche would all take minimal hits if any

Four replays on the one day, at the one venue...terrible terrible terrible

Re: points - It's not an AFL Central Vic decision, this will be state wide

Done a quick tally up on points myself when I first heard about it last week... Using the sunraysia method, Boort and Birchip would struggle the most... Wedderburn, Donald, St Arnaud, Charlton and Wyche would all take minimal hits if any

Four replays on the one day, at the one venue...terrible terrible terrible
Might not look that bad for Burn or Navies but going forward lack of junior numbers will bite,Wyche,Bulls and Maggies with smaller populations will also wear the brunt.Country footy is what it is adapt and grow or stagnate but dont whinge about competitiveness, your destiny is in your own hands, points system isn't going to improve the drain from the bush to the cities, points system wont change anything and until the nongs running AFLCOUNTRY realise this they are only sending things backwards.

I have no idea what these posts are about !

Basically, the plan is to introduce a system where each player is given a points assessment.

Example:
ex AFL Player is worth 4 points
Run of the mill country football recruit 3
Local bloke 1

For each consecutive year that the player is with the club, his points value decreases by one. (Unless already at 1)
Clubs are set a limit of points, that they can play each week

That's why we love north central footy!

Bottom placed Donald have been competitive with all 6 sides at stages, and the short priced favourites have also looked vulnerable at (albeit a few) stages too...

1st semi Final at Donald, Second Semi at St Arnaud, Prelim Final at Birchip and Grand Final at Wycheproof.

The above will only alter if St Arnaud are defeated in the first semi final, then they will have the Grand Final, Wycheproof Prelim Final and Birchip 2nd Semi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st semi Final at Donald, Second Semi at St Arnaud, Prelim Final at Birchip and Grand Final at Wycheproof.

The above will only alter if St Arnaud are defeated in the first semi final, then they will have the Grand Final, Wycheproof Prelim Final and Birchip 2nd Semi
Been a reason why Wyche has not had the granny a lot over the years,worst ground in terms of the viewing public in the comp(sorry truck), however having seen the saints Saturday if the maggies can get over the bulls then it could be curtains for the saints,if the saints haven't got the cattle to bolster their side. Were belted in the midfield Saturday and think the maggies have the big bodied midfielders to do the same in the semi(if they make it).

Been a reason why Wyche has not had the granny a lot over the years,worst ground in terms of the viewing public in the comp(sorry truck), however having seen the saints Saturday if the maggies can get over the bulls then it could be curtains for the saints,if the saints haven't got the cattle to bolster their side. Were belted in the midfield Saturday and think the maggies have the big bodied midfielders to do the same in the semi(if they make it).
Worst ground to watch footy at? Has shelter and heaters on a cold wet day and Probably creates the best atmosphere of all grounds in the league

I've always enjoyed going to Wycheproof for a look over the years. I'm not a huge fan of grounds that are also trotting tracks. Hurts the atmosphere a bit in my opinion
Family having a little influence here! Thought we may have seen you on a Demons jumper by now! What's plans for next year? Could do with a spearhead up forward panthers missed you on the weekend! Hope St Darwin Bow out and have the Granny!! BFL GF day is where I do some of my best work!!

I've always enjoyed going to Wycheproof for a look over the years. I'm not a huge fan of grounds that are also trotting tracks. Hurts the atmosphere a bit in my opinion

Disagree, two rows of cars around the entirety, horns blaring... That makes country footy IMO.

The crowd still roaring at the appropriate moments, you still get a huge crowd of people at and around the near wing, plus groups spread out around the ground like anywhere else...

If anything, it adds a different dynamic to it, but certainly no worse. Give me LNP, Wedd, maybe Boort over the QEO any day

Family having a little influence here! Thought we may have seen you on a Demons jumper by now! What's plans for next year? Could do with a spearhead up forward panthers missed you on the weekend! Hope St Darwin Bow out and have the Granny!! BFL GF day is where I do some of my best work!!

I may have a slight bias towards Wyche due to a family connection but unfortunately my playing days are just about over. Was close to going over once but didn't quite get there

Great win by Charlton over Wedderburn, top game of football. Barnes should be penalized by the umpires more for pushing in the back etc but seems to be the umpires pet. Most disappointed Wedderburn supporter after the game, Lance Standfield!

Great win by Charlton over Wedderburn, top game of football. Barnes should be penalized by the umpires more for pushing in the back etc but seems to be the umpires pet. Most disappointed Wedderburn supporter after the game, Lance Standfield!
The only senior player reported and guilty - umpires pet, right.

And news just in: Wedderburn resident disappointed in Wedderburn loss.

Who would have saw that coming.

Boort v Bulls went backwards and forwards all day... Castellano was let free goal side thanks to his opponent ball ball chasing to tie the scores with 6-7 secs to go

This was however only a minute or two after Easton missed the goals from what must've been inside the goal square.

I think we had a first in the NCFL, with a female senior umpire in the Boort v BW game... She and her offsider were bloody good too

Gee a navies supporter not happy with the umpires, did u see last years second semi????? Lance barracks for Korong Vale. Agree good game, congrats to the navies sets up a good clash in a fortnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back