North melbourne 'lose' Ballarat zone

Why does either club even care?

Do they really think a clinic or two a year is going to result in anything long term?

We do a lot more than one or two clinics a year, we invest a lot of time and resources building bonds with the community, mostly at a junior level.

I don't really care about playing there but it was another place in Victoria that had synergistic benefits in terms of supporter base growth and membership growth.

It is not just our money, time and effort flushed down the toilet, the AFL had approved that region as part of our development zone and part of the future fund distribution to us was allocated for and has been spent in that region so they have urinated 3 years of distributions down the toilet which were part of the strategic plan they had created and to be used for growth of the support base for the clubs with smaller supporter bases.

The AFL are not putting restrictions on Geelong who are cannibalising the Dogs territory from the east side or Essendon and Collingwood from the west side. Dog's region of control has shrunk radically and they have to spend more and more money on large borders to counteract larger clubs seeking out larger market share in the growing western suburbs.

Most of the region we had been developing had no Bulldogs involvement and while represented a future growth region has currently an abysmally small population base.

It makes no sense really, AFL would have done the Dogs a massive favour if they stopped the three clubs killing them in the west to stop what they are doing. Moving us out of that region is just the AFL's desire for us to take over north and south Tasmania and spend less time/resources developing our market in our home state.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pretty insensitive rhetoric best suited for your meltdown thread on the north board

You have pokies in the highest concentration of problem gaming by pokies in the world.

It is shameful.

You should just go the whole hog and sell gear there too.

Engimal

Cancelled
10k Posts North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor Pantskyle Minecraft Shiny Penny Ruby
Apr 27, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Let's not turn this into a shitfight, guys.

Is Ballarat really that big of a deal?
I'm a bit "Meh" about hearing this.

It is when we've now pissed a lot of time and money down the drain. We've essentially wasted six years.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Let's not turn this into a shitfight, guys.

It is when we've now pissed a lot of time and money down the drain. We've essentially wasted six years.

Was it worth it though? Seems like a pretty small market. Your Tassie deal is a far wiser investment.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was it worth it though? Seems like a pretty small market. Your Tassie deal is a far wiser investment.

How long will this situation of North playing in Hobart Last anyway?
We've had Fitzroy, StKilda, Hawks & North all down here Gold digging at some stage or other. How much longer will this all last before we get a permanent answer?
Hawks & North currently dividing the state is pathetic & nothing but an embarrassment to the AFL.

How long will this situation of North playing in Hobart Last anyway?
We've had Fitzroy, StKilda, Hawks & North all down here Gold digging at some stage or other. How much longer will this all last before we get a permanent answer?
Hawks & North currently dividing the state is pathetic & nothing but an embarrassment to the AFL.

I don't have an answer to that. However in terms of financial gain and increase of membership, North's Tassie presence is far better deal than anything they got out of Ballarat.

Engimal

Cancelled
10k Posts North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor Pantskyle Minecraft Shiny Penny Ruby
Apr 27, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne

But Tassie has a risk of relocation where Ballarat doesn't.

Jul 15, 2001
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Barnsley FC, Melbourne City, Bulls
We re-developed Ardern Street years ago and having a stand alone VFL team was never part of the plan.

When your stand alone team delivers the seniors a flag, get back to me.

I'm confused, I thought all the Dogs did was copy North :eek:

The idea that the only ideas the Dogs have are copied from the mighty North Melbourne is a crock of crap. Arrogant too

I'm not sure where all this Doggies hate is coming from ... someone please tell me exactly what the club has done wrong here???? Sour grapes from some North fans here over a pretty minor issue I would have thought

I'm confused, I thought all the Dogs did was copy North :eek:

The idea that the only ideas the Dogs have are copied from the mighty North Melbourne is a crock of crap. Arrogant too

I'm not sure where all this Doggies hate is coming from ... someone please tell me exactly what the club has done wrong here???? Sour grapes from some North fans here over a pretty minor issue I would have thought
Well in the case of Maddam and a few others, ManofClay's threads/postings have annoyed a number of north posters, starting a thread stating that North is going to be relocated doesn't sit well with others.

Jul 15, 2001
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Barnsley FC, Melbourne City, Bulls
Well in the case of Maddam and a few others, ManofClay's threads/postings have annoyed a number of north posters, starting a thread stating that North is going to be relocated doesn't sit well with others.

Yeah that was a crap thread, but some of the crap here is just as bad. Some pretty embarrassing comments really

Yeah that was a crap thread, but some of the crap here is just as bad. Some pretty embarrassing comments really
Crap flinging contest, same on the north board with MOC trolling north posters and getting crap back ten fold.

Was just a simple question precious.

As for that thread on the north board, I was invited in there. Harden up

Back