Preview North Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide - 7.10 Saturday April 18 @ Etihad Stadium

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
No, but Telstra Dome being a fast track ... perhaps they don't think there's a role ?
Who would they tag - Harvey, probably Cornes not the right match up, their mids seem to be bigger bodies types, so maybe again Cornes isn't the right match up.
correct!

He may be sore but there is probably a bit more to it.. no point playing Cornes in the reserves - probably a form enforced rest for a proven player!

Agree

Semantics, but if thats the reason then say it.

Semantics, but if thats the reason then say it.
I'm sure if thats the reason, then Kane would know. No real need to tell us and it protects the player a little - I don't mind.

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leeds United, Portland Trailblazers
I'm sure if thats the reason, then Kane would know. No real need to tell us and it protects the player a little - I don't mind.

yeah i agree with that..

good point from elsler, talk about horses for courses!

x_les_x

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rested?

Does anyone believe that a 32 year old needs to be rested in Round 3?

If this had any legitimacy to it then kane will retire after his 300th getting a dom cassisi like vibe here. He can still run best times however that doesn't equate to the bumps and bruises of an AFL game it may be affecting and overwhelming him too much in terms of recovery. That is of course we are legitimately resting him.

On the flip side Ken may also disguise an omission by saying he is rested which is also possible. In this case he would either collect 30 effective disposals against hawthorn or blanket sam Mitchell as he will have an extra week to study him if of course he does come in.

Still not confident about this one Krakouer should line up on Thomas but would make a substantial impact as sub. Although I want to see him play a whole game I don't think fitness will pertain to it

If this had any legitimacy to it then kane will retire after his 300th getting a dom cassisi like vibe here. He can still run best times however that doesn't equate to the bumps and bruises of an AFL game it may be affecting and overwhelming him too much in terms of recovery. That is of course we are legitimately resting him.

On the flip side Ken may also disguise an omission by saying he is rested which is also possible. In this case he would either collect 30 effective disposals against hawthorn or blanket sam Mitchell as he will have an extra week to study him if of course he does come in.

If Kane's 25 or so touches against the Swans had any semblance of hurt factor he'd be playing this week.

Full 7 day break, away in Melbourne. If this was truly a long game of genuine management he'd have been rested coming off a 6-day break with Subiaco Flu.

If Kane's 25 or so touches against the Swans had any semblance of hurt factor he'd be playing this week.

Full 7 day break, away in Melbourne. If this was truly a long game of genuine management he'd have been rested coming off a 6-day break with Subiaco Flu.
To be fair, Schulz's goal in the first was from a well-weighted kick from Cornes.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
Harvey the pensioner to kick 3 goals and collect his usual 25 possessions - has a day out everytime the two teams meet.
18 and 27 in the two games so far. Last time we beat North he had 12 and was blanketed by Cornes.

His last 6 games against us (didn't play in Tas. in 2013)
23 touches, 3 goals
12 touches, 1 goal
24 touches, 3 goals
19 touches, 3 goals
23 touches, 3 goals
32 touches, 2 goals

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!

I think it might be a case of no Nick Dal Santo = no suitable match up = give the old campaigner a rest.

Cornes in full shut down mode a la round 1 is still very clearly in our best team.

Hinkley Effect

Team Captain
Mar 20, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The tough draw for the top 6 of last year really keeps things open for the middle part of the season.

If we get a good win on the weekend and take the momentum into next week and knock off Hawthorn, we could be looking at all of Port Adelaide, Hawthorn and the Kangaroos (assuming they win their match next week) on 2-2.

Fremantle and Sydney will have an early jump, but they deserve it, having being able to get the important wins early on so far.

Granted, still a lot of work to be done and we could just as easily be 0-4 or 1-3 by the end of next week…

Back