Remove this Banner Ad

ShueyIsAGun

Senior List
Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Good morning Arden St faithful,

Just moved house and I dug out a footy signed by the entire North team from one year in the mid nineties. I would like to claim it is a 1996 premiership side but the truth is I don't know. My old man bought it at a sportsman's night years ago and gave it to me. Thought about popping it on Ebay but I thought you fine people might like first crack or perhaps someone could let me know what it is worth.

It is a genuine Ross Faulkner footy so I'm sure that adds immense value! ;)

Denis (don't piss down my neck and tell me it's raining) Pagan features, as does the King, Arch, The Fridge, Schwatta, Corey McKernan, David King and all the rest. I can't see Brent Harvey's there but it might be....there are lot's on there but that might help to establish it's vintage. Happy to post pictures later tonight or tomorrow if there is genuine interest.

If you didn't sell games to Tassie I could give it to the successful bidder when we play next weekend. Should be a cracker! Luke and Lindsay duck offs at ten paces

Sounds like a neat item you've got there, though the thing about signed footys are -

- They tend to go flat over time
- Signatures tend to fade over time

This takes away a bit of value.

Sounds like a neat item you've got there, though the thing about signed footys are -

- They tend to go flat over time
- Signatures tend to fade over time

This takes away a bit of value.

Yes, it isn't in mint condition. Not being a roos man I haven't kept it in a glass case or anything. I don't think the footy was ever actually pumped up properly because it is such a poor quality footy and was used purely for this purpose. It has a glossy finish and all the signatures (except one that is slightly smudged) are still bright and legible which is pretty good considering it is around 20 years old

Good morning Arden St faithful,

Just moved house and I dug out a footy signed by the entire North team from one year in the mid nineties. I would like to claim it is a 1996 premiership side but the truth is I don't know. My old man bought it at a sportsman's night years ago and gave it to me. Thought about popping it on Ebay but I thought you fine people might like first crack or perhaps someone could let me know what it is worth.

It is a genuine Ross Faulkner footy so I'm sure that adds immense value! ;)

Denis (don't piss down my neck and tell me it's raining) Pagan features, as does the King, Arch, The Fridge, Schwatta, Corey McKernan, David King and all the rest. I can't see Brent Harvey's there but it might be....there are lot's on there but that might help to establish it's vintage. Happy to post pictures later tonight or tomorrow if there is genuine interest.

If you didn't sell games to Tassie I could give it to the successful bidder when we play next weekend. Should be a cracker! Luke and Lindsay duck offs at ten paces
It's *ahem* worth nothing. Send it to me and I'll make sure it's disposed of in the correct manner.

Now if it was a Burley, it'd be worth a motza.

It's *ahem* worth nothing. Send it to me and I'll make sure it's disposed of in the correct manner.

Now if it was a Burley, it'd be worth a motza.

Damn, oh well, when you are right you are right. Send me your address and I will get you this worthless Ross Faulkner with squiggles on it. Would you like to pay for the postage at least? No...that wouldn't be fair. I'll pay ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Photos are up ;)
Cheers, I couldn't guess the year but if it's '96 like you suspect, that holds a bit more value as it's a premiership year and also I was born in '96 so that holds a bit of sentimental value as well. Could the ball be pumped up? Or must it stay flat?

Cheers, I couldn't guess the year but if it's '96 like you suspect, that holds a bit more value as it's a premiership year and also I was born in '96 so that holds a bit of sentimental value as well. Could the ball be pumped up? Or must it stay flat?
Cheers for making me feel old.

At least you're still younger than Boomer :p well I'll be on the piss for the first time at a Grand Final this year, I missed out last year (not that I'm complaining, hate both Hawthorn and Sydney), so hopefully North can make the big one for me :D

Well it has a bladder etc so you can pump it up if you like, i'd just be careful that you don't over inflate it and warp the signatures.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back