North memorbilia (what do you have)

Remove this Banner Ad

2 WEG Posters (1 framed), both with no sigs from the 1975 Premiership. We bought them outside the ground straight after the game en route to Arden St. for a big night. Too bad I was only 17.

I had the poster framed many years ago and I found the 2nd WEG poster neatly folded up inside the 1975 GF record.

I have plenty of finals records from the 70s but they never increase in value.

never laminate the weg posters they loose all value , I think the 77 are worth $400

Was just wondering what's the best or most prized piece of North memorbilia you have, for me it's

1. a signed team photo of the 1975 premiership team, it has all the players and Barassi's signiture on the back AWESOME
2. 1974 and 75 membership cards
3. social club medallions from the same years
4. repilca (small) premiership clubs for 96 and 99
5. footy record from the 1975 GF

the sad part is its all sitting in a box, need to build a pool room
I have a North Melbourne Football Club 1975 VFL Premiers limited edition number 38 of 50 premiership frame.
Its official AFL merchandise and has a guernsey in the middle surrounded by pictures of each North Melbourne player and their siganture.
A couple of the pictures has signature not available which is a bit dissapointing.
It is huge and the frame is exquisite.
Bought it many years ago for a bargain price but it should be worth a lot more today.

Was just wondering what's the best or most prized piece of North memorbilia you have, for me it's

1. a signed team photo of the 1975 premiership team, it has all the players and Barassi's signiture on the back AWESOME
2. 1974 and 75 membership cards
3. social club medallions from the same years
4. repilca (small) premiership clubs for 96 and 99
5. footy record from the 1975 GF

the sad part is its all sitting in a box, need to build a pool room
Geez i have nothing to compare apart frm the Record frm Boomers 350 which everybody has... But i ran into a bloke at a game that had Carey and co signatures on his body that he got tatooed over

Like the dodger, I had one. It was my pride and joy. It had every player's tag sewn into the sleeves, number 20 on the back, with Wayne above, and Schimmelbusch below. Above that was "Mal's SuperRoos"...........on the front, apart from player's badges all over the place, it had "36 Graeme Atkins" and "4 Rossco". I moved out around the age of 20 or so and when I moved back briefly for a few months several years later I asked mum "Hey, have you seen my duffel coat?"

Her reply: "That old thing? Oh I threw that out years ago. I did a Spring Clean and got rid of alot of junk..............including that...............and those silly football card sets you used to obsess over!!!!!!!!!!" :eek::eek::eek:

I was getting over the loss until you reminded me here roosmad :(

T'toes
That diabolical woman!!!

Got an AFLPA issued limited edition Carey framed picture from 1996. Love it.

Have another signed photo of the Duck. One of Archer too.

Got a North Melbourne footy personally signed by James Brayshaw.

Have photos with most of the '99 team as well.

Got every finals programme from the 70's. Would you believe l threw out every edition of " inside football " from that year ! Recycle bin. Geoff Poulter said one night on Finey's show he thought they may be worth 2grand !

Got a bit of gear, not much that's noteworthy. My fave is probably a framed and signed Premiership jumper of Choppy Pickett. Also kept all the stuff from the North Story celebrations at the Exhibition Building from 2005 including menu, table number and seat allocation, entry ticket, etc. Did the same for Glenn Archers Testimonial in 2004. Good memories, but a bit patchy on the Arch night after smashing the red with an old mate I hadn't seen for 15 years lobbing in the seat next to mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a Glenn Archer card signed by him. Plus a cap signed by Brad Scott, Drew Petrie and Andrew Swallow. Also have a 96 Weg poster signed by some bloke I can't remember somewhere.

One of the best footy function I went to was Archer's testimonial and with my old job when I left the lads there bought me a brand new North jumper with Boomer's signature on it.

I can't believe no one here as an old North Melbourne
DUFFLE COAT??????????
you guys are all to young..........

Next time I'm back in Australia I will take a picture and post it here, number 4 on the back and covered in badges and name bands down the arms...
absolute classic:D:thumbsu:

Me too I also had ROSS 4 GLENDINNING on the back of mine.

The shop that I got to iron on the lettering ran out of the letter "D" so they cut the middle bar out of the "B" and ironed that on instead it looked crap and I copped a bit of s**t at school for it with people calling me "Glenbinning"

It's long since gone :cry:

2i8ko48.png

The first guernsey in the series of pics is the best one. Wish they'd bring it back. Much better than the nancy light blue stripes or the predominantly blue away guernsey.

The first guernsey in the series of pics is the best one. Wish they'd bring it back. Much better than the nancy light blue stripes or the predominantly blue away guernsey.
Yeah that first guernsey well and truly is a thing of beauty.

I've got heaps more stuff, but the photos are on my ipod and it's gonna be a pain in the arse to upload.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back