News North might be done in Ballarat

Remove this Banner Ad

JB has been fantastic for us.

The proof is everywhere from on field to off.

To knock and say 'hidden agenda' and so on, when he has countered this multiple times openly and honestly, is disgraceful.

He openly and honestly was a party to a proposed deal to see us play 7 games in Hobart.

7 games.

we only get 11 home games a season.

4 home games for the supporters that held the club in Melbourne? That is disgraceful.

A move to a co-location model like that and it will kill the support in Melbourne.

It'd certainly have an effect on mine.

What is disgraceful was him blocking the supporters push to safeguard our future by requiring an AGM vote to move more than four games. Tell me he hasn't got intent to move more than 4 games when he has offered 7 home games before, ensured the board is full of yes men and vetoed the push by supporters to require member approval for moving more than 4 games.
Exactly. Hidden Genders no doubt. :stern look

With the undoubted population explosion over the next 20 years, our membership has to grow.

No point supporting Colliwobbles if you can't get a ticket to see a game.

I think the 7 Melb games and 4 Hobart is where we want it. Hopefully the league dont want 6-5. Any more than that and our Melbourne base probably drops by more than what the Tassie base increases.

There is no chance Tassie get an 11 home game team in my lifetime. It makes no sense financially.

Exactly. Hidden Genders no doubt. :stern look

It is not exactly hidden, he is openly pushing for co-location, he just doesn't understand that co-location will kill us. AFL will * us in the arse repeatedly until people give up and Tasmanian members outnumber us enough to move/kill the club.

We've covered this at length before Tas.

I am all for where the club is headed, growing and becoming self sufficient, we are in a fantastic place and yet you still whinge and moan about what we 'should' be doing, blocking members etc etc

I'd rather a professionally employed administration decide our path on the facts than a bunch of rogues based purely on self interest thinking they know better.

Euge If memory serves you were a prime mover in regards to the Ballarat stuff.

It would be great to get your opinion on the perceived shafting we have received here.

With the undoubted population explosion over the next 20 years, our membership has to grow.

I think the 7 Melb games and 4 Hobart is where we want it. Hopefully the league dont want 6-5. Any more than that and our Melbourne base probably drops by more than what the Tassie base increases.

There is no chance Tassie get an 11 home game team in my lifetime. It makes no sense financially.

AFL don't want that, they want our members to queue up like lemmings and continue to fork out our money and to watch AFL on TV and get Foxtel subscriptions. They just want to replace Hawthorn and North in Tasmania with one team playing 7-8 home games there.

I have cancelled my membership, I refused to financially support relocation to Sydney, refused to support relocation to Gold Coast by stealth and refuse to support relocation to Tasmania. It seems the only voice left is to remove my support given our fearless leader felt it was inconvenient to him for us to make an attempt to safeguard the future of our club against administrative incompetence.

My membership and vote is meaningless while people hold him up as some kind of messiah.

We've covered this at length before Tas.

I am all for where the club is headed, growing and becoming self sufficient, we are in a fantastic place and yet you still whinge and moan about what we 'should' be doing, blocking members etc etc

I'd rather a professionally employed administration decide our path on the facts than a bunch of rogues based purely on self interest thinking they know better.

You are just a Tasmanian shrill that doesn't care if we end up in Tasmania.

Carl should pop up to Wallan Servo after any game and see the blue and white heading back up to Nth Vic.

Should have been developing the Shepparton-Echuca-Wodonga triangle for the past 20 years.

Tons of Nth fans up here.

Wake the **** up.
The Albury Wodonga and North East area is the old North zone and there is more kangas fans up here than anywhere I've seen.

In 2016 the current Hawthorn/ Tassie deal is up
in 2016 the current NMFC/Tassie deal is up
in 2016 JB's tenure as President is up

During 2016 there may be the very real push for Hawthron to return to being a solely Melbourne based side.

With us to pick up additional games in Tasmainia. Our administration has previously stated that it is open to as many as 7 Games based in Hobart.

The above outlines where the fear currently comes from. Fear that is underlined by the AFL's attempt to kill us in 2007.

The seven home games in Melbourne need to be quality.

The Albury Wodonga and North East area is the old North zone and there is more kangas fans up here than anywhere I've seen.

Remember the alliance with Murray Kangaroos. The minute we show an interest in an area it's likely to become attractive to the WB. I'm sure Peter Gordon will come up with an argument that'll convince the AFL to take it off us and give it to them.

AFL don't want that, they want our members to queue up like lemmings and continue to fork out our money and to watch AFL on TV and get Foxtel subscriptions. They just want to replace Hawthorn and North in Tasmania with one team playing 7-8 home games there.

I have cancelled my membership, I refused to financially support relocation to Sydney, refused to support relocation to Gold Coast by stealth and refuse to support relocation to Tasmania. It seems the only voice left is to remove my support given our fearless leader felt it was inconvenient to him for us to make an attempt to safeguard the future of our club against administrative incompetence.

My membership and vote is meaningless while people hold him up as some kind of messiah.
seeya

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read the article. We didn't do s**t. The AFL has taken the club's territory that they've been trying to build a base in for years and given it to the Bulldogs.

honestly the dogs are the new basket case and being spoon fed by the afl, either we go it alone in the vfl as it looks like a revamp is on the cards, or let north ballarat loose. only problem only playing in werribbee is that all north players will not play in the firsts at times.

not worried about concentrating on the whyndam and hume areas as they are growing faster

get over it ballarat was never going to be the cash cow that tassie has been,
blundstone holds 20, 000 now after redevelopment, and if we played games in ballarat we wouldnt get compensation games. i dont drive im not going to ballarat.

Last edited:
You are just a Tasmanian shrill that doesn't care if we end up in Tasmania.

Incorrect. You are a just a spoilt Victorian that doesn't appear to care if the club grows and thrives, as long as it doesn't affect you personally. Your bias is obvious.

Unlike you I couldn't care less if we played overseas or on the moon, I'm used to seeing less than a handful of games each year so I couldn't care where we play. So long as we become stable and self sufficient in the competition, and continue as a Melb based club, it for me is what it's all about.

Thankfully our admin think likewise and have and are taking steps to ensure your damaging point of view does not prevail.

Last edited:
He openly and honestly was a party to a proposed deal to see us play 7 games in Hobart.

7 games.

we only get 11 home games a season.

4 home games for the supporters that held the club in Melbourne? That is disgraceful.

A move to a co-location model like that and it will kill the support in Melbourne.

It'd certainly have an effect on mine.

Even with 7 ' home' games in Tas, would still be far less than the amount of games in Melb for members to see. The packages would have been adjusted accordingly no doubt, but it's a moot point anyway as it didn't happen.

I strongly doubt JB wanted to fly into Tassie every third week based on self interest and relocation by stealth considering he lives and works in Melb, he proposed it based on the evidence presented to him as what is best for the club.

I wasn't able to see either game in Hobart this year due to my family health issues, which will continue, so for me again I don't care where we play. I suspect it is all about the $$ and cents and firmly believe JB and co are heading us in the right direction and I believe our results (on and off field) speak for themselves.

Last edited:
Yes the current model is working. Why change it and risk biting the hand that feeds it?

As a long time member who has never lived in Victoria, I would be devastated to see NMFC play more than 4 (at an absolute massive stretch) home games interstate. Even when I lived (basically) in Sydney, I would have hated for them to play more home games there.

Incorrect. You are a just a spoilt Victorian that doesn't appear to care if the club grows and thrives, as long as it doesn't affect you personally. Your bias is obvious.

Unlike you I couldn't care less if we played overseas or on the moon, I'm used to seeing less than a handful of games each year so I couldn't care where we play. So long as we become stable and self sufficient in the competition, and continue as a Melb based club, it for me is what it's all about.

Thankfully our admin think likewise and have and are taking steps to ensure your damaging point of view does not prevail.

We are North MELBOURNE. We should be playing all home games in MELBOURNE.

I wasn't able to see either game in Hobart this year due to my family health issues, which will continue, so for me again I don't care where we play. I suspect it is all about the $$ and cents and firmly believe JB and co are heading us in the right direction and I believe our results (on and off field) speak for themselves.

we are making profits without the pokie risk, (remember what was supposed to be the broadmeadows town hall) thank god, we are at arden street, and you have 14 games to see in melbourne. whats with the paranoia of the bigfooty board some names that have surprised me cant see the benefit of the current tassie setup. its better than writing cheques to the afl for empty seats at etihad.

until they even mention 7 games i wouldnt worry.
the bulldogs are the new lacklustre club of course they will get afl help, we have werribee if not our own vfl team and the hobart members value is priceless. results on field speak for themselveson how the club and jb have handled the club.

2012- Two interstate teams in Tassie.
2013- Two interstate teams
2014- One Melbourne/One interstate
2015- Two Melbourne/One interstate

Not liking this at all.
Who would you rather watch in Melbourne? St Kilda or one of Port/Freo/Sydney/Brisbane? The latter for me. Can see why they want Richmond down there, and while it would be better in isolation for it to be over here, I'll probably make that my Hobart game for the year.

hawthorn are premiers and a powerhouse team, they play in tassie. $$ makes the club stronger, has it been mentioned aboout these 7 games we will play there yet.?

Hawthorn is paid a shitload more by the Tasmanian government to play their four games there. I don't see how an extra 1.5m a year is worth the risk of putting relocation back on the table. Especially when there was a suggestion we play seven games a year there by the current president.

Who would you rather watch in Melbourne? St Kilda or one of Port/Freo/Sydney/Brisbane? The latter for me. Can see why they want Richmond down there, and while it would be better in isolation for it to be over here, I'll probably make that my Hobart game for the year.

The atmosphere against interstate sides is shitful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back