North or Adelaide?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You would think that they would prefer to play us rather than Richmond in an elimination final at the G.
Considering they can't jump Richmond and won't jump us, they will remain in 8th no matter what. It also means that they avoid WCE/Hawthorn in the second week.

If Richmond win, unless we absolute pants the Lions we will be playing crows in Melb.

Worst result for us would be if we lost to lions and the crows won, we would have to go over there. Shouldn't happen, but footy is a strange game.
Such a bummer we lost so much percentage against WCE. It's week 2 of the finals that concerns me most.

I think Richmond will win now

NORTH Melbourne will consider resting a group of core senior players against Richmond on Friday night to freshen them for the finals.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-out-final-round/story-fni5f986-1227506785318

Now that I'm not a fan of.

I don't mind Freo doing it as they've well and truly earned that top spot, and their result will have no impact at all on other teams finals finishing positions.

This however, is big. What if Sydney have a 'mare, and drop down into 5th? They'll regret finishing 8th then. And surely they'd prefer to play us, who's to say Adelaide will beat Geelong?

This is shady at best.

Now that I'm not a fan of.

I don't mind Freo doing it as they've well and truly earned that top spot, and their result will have no impact at all on other teams finals finishing positions.

This however, is big. What if Sydney have a 'mare, and drop down into 5th? They'll regret finishing 8th then. And surely they'd prefer to play us, who's to say Adelaide will beat Geelong?

This is shady at best.
Yeah, I think it is definitely off. Also, what if North actually want to throw the game to ensure their is no way they play us or Adelaide? Or indeed probably more realistically so their second week match up is easier if they make it through? Is tanking in a game to jockey for the best finals position any different to tanking in the season proper for a draft pick?

The age is predicting that North will beat Richmond (wouldn't surprise me either) & the Crows beat Geelong- meaning we would host North & Adelaide would host Richmond.

My favourite part of that would be Richmond being unceremoniously dumped from the first week of the finals again.

The age is predicting that North will beat Richmond (wouldn't surprise me either) & the Crows beat Geelong- meaning we would host North & Adelaide would host Richmond.

My favourite part of that would be Richmond being unceremoniously dumped from the first week of the finals again.
If North are allowed to rest a few I can't see it happening. Would be ideal though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I think it is definitely off. Also, what if North actually want to throw the game to ensure their is no way they play us or Adelaide? Or indeed probably more realistically so their second week match up is easier if they make it through? Is tanking in a game to jockey for the best finals position any different to tanking in the season proper for a draft pick?
No.

I like the idea of Adelaide at Etihad. By christ we owe them a couple.

I laugh at the idea of North resting players this week. If that is so it will go **** up for them. They are simply not good enough to flirt with form or selection. Sounds like they're pretending like they're an actual contender.

Fantastic season by you lot. I didn't think you lot will be close to finals especially since Liberatore got injured , but you guys proved me wrong.

Anyway , I hope we don't play you in finals (although it's quite likely). I would much rather play Richmond and you guys play North :p

Fantastic season by you lot. I didn't think you lot will be close to finals especially since Liberatore got injured , but you guys proved me wrong.

Anyway , I hope we don't play you in finals (although it's quite likely). I would much rather play Richmond and you guys play North :p

I think we would probably prefer that too. Any chance you have friends on the North Melbourne match committee that you can convince to not be tanking campaigners?

WESTERN BULLDOGS (SIXTH, 116.8%, 56 PTS)

THE Bulldogs face essentially the same scenarios as Richmond, with two differences — inferior percentage (for now) and there being no possibility of them facing Sydney in week one.

Take care of Brisbane by a large enough margin and the Dogs could move as high as fourth, but more likely fifth. Even if both sides win, they’ll pass the Tigers by winning by approximately 50 points more than Richmond do.

A qualifying final berth against Fremantle is still on the cards with a Sydney loss.

BEST CASE SCENARIO: FOURTH ON 60 PTS

WORST CASE SCENARIO: EIGHTH ON 56 PTS

POSSIBLE OPPONENTS: Fremantle as away side in qualifying final, Adelaide, North Melbourne, Richmond as home or away side in elimination final

LIKELY OPPONENT WITH WIN: Adelaide at Etihad Stadium, Sunday afternoon

LIKELY OPPONENT WITH LOSS: Adelaide at Adelaide Oval, Sunday afternoon

I think the only concern is the possibility of having to go to Adelaide. If you had to choose to play against one of North/Richmond/Adelaide (in Melbourne)...I don't think there's too much in it. Not saying we'll win as long as we're playing in Melbourne, more just commenting that I think that the only team you'd least want to play out of the lot is Adelaide in Adelaide. I know it's unlikely we lose to Brisbane, but you never know.

As confident as Bevo says they are, this is still an insanely inexperienced list to bring into a final. I Wouldn't be surprised if some of them become a bit overawed at the occasion. Regardless of what happens from here on out we should all remember what we were expected to be and what we are now. If we get knocked out in the first round...They got the important taste of finals football, and will be back the next season stronger, fitter, and Libba in tow (As well as potential trade/free agent targets).

That being said...I'm still pretty pumped about this year. That finals promo about us on channel 7 is pretty damn hype.

I don't want to play against you guys, we will get stringered

I genuinely think you guys are the side to beat from the bottom 4, but it feels really nice to have the respect and fear of other sides supporters.

Thanks Rise_up_Stiffy !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back