Game Day North vs Essendon Elimination final [CONFIRMED - SATURDAY NIGHT 7:15PM @ MCG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Daniher has the pedigree and has shown glimpses of what he may become. However, it is a long way between potential and superstar, as anyone owning a 500k 'thoroughbred' racehorse (walking dog food) can tell you.

Brown has the desire, he has done it the hard way, nothing gifted to him. Desire and talent have got him onto the big stage. The next few games will reveal alot.

Well, we wont be limping into an interstate elimination final with a burnt out squad this time,

images

Some match ups I'd like to see.

Grima - Carlisle

Spud - Chapman

Levi - Watson

McDonald - Heppell
Only change I'd make is Thompson to Carlisle and Grima to the horse/giraffe

I say this for two reasons:
1. If Carlisle goes in with a dodgy hammy (which he will), Scotty can expose him on the rebound
2. Grima, like Daniher is all limbs

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Derby County FC
I still hope we get Saturday night at the MCG.

Something about the night atmosphere, red vs Royal Blue, warmish weather, bright lights and 75,000 people... can't be beat in IMO.

Donkey Chop

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

1. If Carlisle goes in with a dodgy hammy (which he will), Scotty can expose him on the rebound

That could work too. Although I'm not really buying into the dodgy hammy thing, something about it feels like a bit of trickery lol.

Carlisle in form is just about unstoppable, he's a huge man and can mark anything. The key will be Thompson/Grima stopping his run at the ball and Lachie coming in third man up.

Carlisle in form is just about unstoppable, he's a huge man and can mark anything. The key will be Thompson/Grima stopping his run at the ball and Lachie coming in third man up.

Carlisle's form in the air has been fantastic recently and for that reason alone I like Narni going to him.

When Grima is fit, there isn't a better spoiling defender in the league and for that reason alone, he takes their prime aerialist. Nobody in our backline is better at getting a hand in to bring the ball to the deck.

I know some will say I'm over rating him in this respect, but historically, the stats back it up. I think it's a no brainer.

Donkey Chop

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Carlisle's form in the air has been fantastic recently and for that reason alone I like Narni going to him.

When Grima is fit, there isn't a better spoiling defender in the league and for that reason alone, he takes their prime aerialist. Nobody in our backline is better at getting a hand in to bring the ball to the deck.

I know some will say I'm over rating him in this respect, but historically, the stats back it up. I think it's a no brainer.

Yeah I'd prefer Grima on him too. Rarely gets beaten by his man

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

Agree - i don't think Carlilse will play. But Grima to Daniher is good. JD is not quick - I would also get Grima to punch him in the back of the head at the 1st contest. He tends to hide when the backmen get physical.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
destroying your ankle will do that

Gee there is a bit of mayo on that. He has played most of the year "on a destroyed ankle". But you are windy hill love your injury excuses - Hurley has concrete hands but "his wrists are destroyed".

End of the day most over rate their team - you lot are no different. Especially when you have posters rating TBC above Goldy.

Jessie Smith - destroyed ankle.

Gee there is a bit of mayo on that. He has played most of the year "on a destroyed ankle". But you are windy hill love your injury excuses - Hurley has concrete hands but "his wrists are destroyed".

End of the day most over rate their team - you lot are no different. Especially when you have posters rating TBC above Goldy.

Jessie Smith - destroyed ankle.
You cannot be serious?!

article-2348854-0A138BA1000005DC-705_306x423.jpg

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Here is the quote on the Goldy thread:

"With his lack of diversity and intensity he'd be behind both our rucks at Ess."
Diversity? He's Jewish.

And left handed.

What more do they want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back