Game Day North vs Hawks, 4:40pm, Sunday, Shepparton

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott demoted the highest draft pick he's had and his self proclaimed "best of the lot" in Cunnington pretty quickly.

Yes, he also demoted LT 3 months too late as well. These aren't the types of moves I was referring to.

Ross Lyon dropped Montagna and Dal.

Scotty wheels out outrageously optimistic assessments after outrageously optimistic assessments, whilst downplaying the achievements and publicly outlining the reasons why a player isn't being selected.

The roll call of names on both sides of this argument is astonishing.

Black, Bastinac, Adams, Wood, Kennedy, Petrie, Jacobs, McKenzie, Harper, Daw, Delaney's.

Petrie played an important decoy role and is the best defensive forward in the game. At one point last year we had 3 decoy forwards apparently.

It's garbage.

For those of us that refuse to buy an entire Foxtel package just to get Fox Footy, is this match going to be streamed online?

No Bull BoomerBrownlow_29

Cheers, Rooster.
I know the AFL is offering a free 4 week trial of the live pass during the NAB thingy to stream the games. I'm not sure how billing, etc. works after that though, if you cancel straight after the free trial.

I know the AFL is offering a free 4 week trial of the live pass during the NAB thingy to stream the games. I'm not sure how billing, etc. works after that though, if you cancel straight after the free trial.
Just add it to your membership. $60. I think the AFL charges $89

Ross Lyon dropped Montagna and Dal.

Scotty wheels out outrageously optimistic assessments after outrageously optimistic assessments, whilst downplaying the achievements and publicly outlining the reasons why a player isn't being selected.

The roll call of names on both sides of this argument is astonishing.

Black, Bastinac, Adams, Wood, Kennedy, Petrie, Jacobs, McKenzie, Harper, Daw, Delaney's.

Petrie played an important decoy role and is the best defensive forward in the game. At one point last year we had 3 decoy forwards apparently.

It's garbage.

You seriously disagree with Drew Petrie getting a game every week? No matter what, he takes the best defender. Our forward line would struggle without him.

Gold H to h. My long term PA here at work is a Wagga girl who once won Fashions on the Field at the Wagga Cup, and who's strutted around like a peacock ever since. Not today with me chortling away at your comment above though. Perfect!

Ha ha TT and HTH, that's as good as it gets. Wagga bashing, good times. Is your PA a Pies supporter, short with dark hair? Not a stereotype of the norm pies supporter, just a coincidence, but I may know her?
Back on topic, is the game on Fox? I'm not turning it back on till they are showing the footy and were involved.

Cheers All.

Ha ha TT and HTH, that's as good as it gets. Wagga bashing, good times. Is your PA a Pies supporter, short with dark hair? Not a stereotype of the norm pies supporter, just a coincidence, but I may know her?
Back on topic, is the game on Fox? I'm not turning it back on till they are showing the footy and were involved.

Cheers All.
Game is on Fox :) Time to switch back to Fox Footy!

Cancel and pay nothing. It is a free trial, no traps. They just hope you fall in love with having all games at your fingertips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Swans supporter, due to family members of hers playing for them in the past (her surname's Lloyd), with a leaning towards the Pies because her twin brother supports them. She's about 5'9" with fair hair Hops, and comes from a huge family which is in both Wagga and Mangoplah.

You seriously disagree with Drew Petrie getting a game every week? No matter what, he takes the best defender. Our forward line would struggle without him.

Are you a cracky short of a glass barbie?

Why do people insist on responding to posts that don't exist?

I don't agree that our premier forward should be acting as a decoy, I believe he should take marks and kick goals. Irrespective of the amount of tackles, which as far as i'm concerned is part of the job description.

I disagree with the assertion he had a good year and despite his age and slowing pace, I believe he would impact more games, consistently, as a defender.

But buddy, let me say it first before assuming that's what I said. Reality is, some supporters don't take the koolaid intravenously.

NORTH MELBOURNE2. Brad McKenzie, 3. Ryan Bastinac, 5. Ben Jacobs, 7. Jack Ziebell, 8. Daniel Wells, 9. Andrew Swallow, 10. Ben Cunnington, 11. Michael Firrito, 12. Lindsay Thomas, 13. Leigh Adams, 14. Trent Dumont, 16. Scott Thompson, 18. Shaun Atley, 19. Sam Wright, 20. Drew Petrie, 22. Todd Goldstein, 24. Sam Durdin, 25. Robbie Tarrant, 28. Robin Nahas, 29. Brent Harvey, 30. Jarrad Waite, 32. Mason Wood, 34. Jamie MacMillan, 35. Aaron Black, 36. Joel Tippett, 38. Majak Daw, 40. Kayne Turner, 42. Scott McMahon, 43. Sam Gibson

9 changes to the team list named last week:

9. Andrew Swallow, 11. Michael Firrito, 13. Leigh Adams, 16. Scott Thompson, 19. Sam Wright, 22. Todd Goldstein, 28. Robin Nahas, 32. Mason Wood, 35. Aaron Black,

Add Durdin and that makes 10. I hope they all get a run.

NORTH MELBOURNE2. Brad McKenzie, 3. Ryan Bastinac, 5. Ben Jacobs, 7. Jack Ziebell, 8. Daniel Wells, 9. Andrew Swallow, 10. Ben Cunnington, 11. Michael Firrito, 12. Lindsay Thomas, 13. Leigh Adams, 14. Trent Dumont, 16. Scott Thompson, 18. Shaun Atley, 19. Sam Wright, 20. Drew Petrie, 22. Todd Goldstein, 24. Sam Durdin, 25. Robbie Tarrant, 28. Robin Nahas, 29. Brent Harvey, 30. Jarrad Waite, 32. Mason Wood, 34. Jamie MacMillan, 35. Aaron Black, 36. Joel Tippett, 38. Majak Daw, 40. Kayne Turner, 42. Scott McMahon, 43. Sam Gibson
Looks good. Like to see Boomer, McMahon and maybe Cunners or Ziebell (save them for game 3 after playing a lot of minutes last week) made emergencies. Durdin, Nahas and Patch as subs.

9 changes to the team list named last week:

9. Andrew Swallow, 11. Michael Firrito, 13. Leigh Adams, 16. Scott Thompson, 19. Sam Wright, 22. Todd Goldstein, 28. Robin Nahas, 32. Mason Wood, 35. Aaron Black,

Add Durdin and that makes 10. I hope they all get a run.
With Higgins, Currie, Brown, Warren, Dal Santo, McDonald and Nielson the outs as far as I can tell.

I don't think it is him playing that is the issue, it is the making excuses when he is playing poorly by the coach. We missed out on an opportunity to have made Drew one of our outstanding historical forwards by letting him off by playing him in different roles, in the ruck, down back, but never dropping him when his form warranted being dropped.

His last four seasons have been solid, in 2012 and 2013 where we played with 3 tall forwards and he got the majority of his shots on goal from close range he was fairly accurate although still misses the odd howler, last year where we only had the warriors for two tall forwards and Black wasn't taking any heat off him, he got a lot more of the ball further out and his lack of discipline with his kicking saw him kick 50.39, the sad part is a number of the misses were momentum swinging clutch goals misses from dead in front.

I just can't buy that a professional footballer can't slot a 40m shot dead in front of goal 90% of the time, he is probably more accurate on an angle because he believes the pressure is off because nobody expects him to sink the shot. When he gets into his missing mood it looks as if he is deliberately dropping marks to not have shots on goal, the spills of the unspillable mark seem so bad at time. This kind of s**t should have been beaten out of him by doing the hard yards in the VFL. He has never had to fight for his spot in the team and that hasn't made him into a better player.

But, I thought he was a tower for us in the games against Geelong and Swans in the finals, and my expectation during a final wasn't high so I am pleased about that. It is kicking 4.4 and 3.4 when he probably should have had two bags of 5 goals which is what hurts him and his legacy. He could have been anything but he isn't going to make any team of the century, I think how we development him is largely at fault. We are too soft on too many players gifting games when the focus should be to correct faults in their game. It is too late now to start with Drew, however, we are making the same mistakes with other players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back