AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Stars
Liam Jones the best?

Northern Blues 9.4-58
Casey Scorpions 15.15-105

Northern Blues

Goal Kickers: J. Johnston 2, K. Jaksch 2, B. Johnson 2, M. Watson , S. Murray , P. Dirago

Best Players: , L. Jones , J. Roberts , Z. Ballard , J. Johnston , T. Armitage , M. Whiley

Casey Scorpions
Goal Kickers: J. Hunt 4, M. Jamar 3, J. Spencer 2, B. Rutherford , S. Byrnes , M. King , J. Grimes , M. Jones , V. Michie

Best Players: , M. Jamar , J. Grimes , J. McKenzie , J. Hunt , J. Hutchins , E. Panozza

pumped

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2004
Northcote
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
I have been to quite a few games this year and every game ive seen him play in its the same old story as mentioned in my previous post. I do agree the delivery today wasn't any good but a player whos been on our senior list for as long as he has you'd think he would show more leadership then he does yet he just doesnt look interested at all.

I have foster & blain johnson a head of him to play senior footy.

I think hes done and dusted but thats just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Not sure if even Lockett in his prime would have kicked more than a couple of goals playing forward for the blues today. The delivery was rarely to the advantage of our forwards. This is a sad trend with the seniors also. Watching Hendo and Cas play forward for much of this year they have also often looked disinterested and lacking leadership. I watched Watto carefully in that second half yesterday and his application and movement was better than any of the talls in the senior side. Once again we are all entitled to our opinions. Mine is that Watto has been treated badly in comparison to other talls at Carlton and that he is a much better player than we have given him to opportunity to show.

Woops! Forgot negative comments were only allowed for Warnock!

I am not aware of any poster who only posts negative comments about Warnock, but please feel free to point me in their direction and we can deal with that accordingly.

Of course there is no rule against negative comments on the Carlton board. We know how much the Carlton Football Club means to so many people who visit this forum, and we encourage discussion - both positive and negative - as much as we possibly can.

However there is an expectation that everyone who posts here does so within the spirit and the rules of the forum and, as such, we expect posters to be able to elevate themselves above posting with a clear negative agenda - whether that be directed at the club as a whole, a part of it's administration, or indeed a particular player.

As a football fan it is only natural to have players who you like more than others, and conversely, players who you do not like and think have no future at the club you support. We all do that - that is part and parcel of being a supporter.

In your instance, you are not a fan of Liam Jones. You made that clear from very early on...we got it a long time ago. To continue to stick the boots into Jones at every opportunity...well that's going above and beyond simple "negative comments" and certainly venturing into negative agenda territory.

People come here to enjoy themselves and discuss everything Carlton. People do not come here to view the same old tired quips or one liners, nor do they want to see the same negative feelings reinforced by a poster in each and every thread, at any opportunity.

We therefore do what we can to ensure negative agendas are left off the forum and encourage those with said agendas to expand their horizons and add to the forum in other ways than just that one negative point of view, time and time again. You see, constant negativity becomes tiresome, annoying and childish - not just for the moderators who do a lot of work behind the scenes to clean it up and ensure discussion remains on topic, but also and more importantly for other posters who want to come here to discuss the club they live without having the same negative posts littered across multiple threads.

We have posters who contribute hugely positively to this board by going to VFL games and providing reports for those of us who are not able to go to watch the younger players as often as perhaps we would like. Popping into this thread with the sole contribution of "Perfect!" in response to Jones not having a great game is not constructive. It is not funny. It is childish, tiring, and just completely unnecessary. We don't want to read it.

This is not the first time you have been pulled up on this, but it will be the last. We enjoy having you here when you see beyond your Jones hatred and decide to contribute meaningfully, but when you cease that in favour of taking childish pot-shots at one player at every opportunity.....things have to change. Enough already.

Popping into this thread with the sole contribution of "Perfect!" in response to Jones not having a great game is not constructive. It is not funny. It is childish, tiring, and just completely unnecessary. We don't want to read it.

Cringle, Jeremias does have a good point, you have to admit. :)

Jul 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I am not aware of any poster who only posts negative comments about Warnock, but please feel free to point me in their direction and we can deal with that accordingly.

Of course there is no rule against negative comments on the Carlton board. We know how much the Carlton Football Club means to so many people who visit this forum, and we encourage discussion - both positive and negative - as much as we possibly can.

However there is an expectation that everyone who posts here does so within the spirit and the rules of the forum and, as such, we expect posters to be able to elevate themselves above posting with a clear negative agenda - whether that be directed at the club as a whole, a part of it's administration, or indeed a particular player.

As a football fan it is only natural to have players who you like more than others, and conversely, players who you do not like and think have no future at the club you support. We all do that - that is part and parcel of being a supporter.

In your instance, you are not a fan of Liam Jones. You made that clear from very early on...we got it a long time ago. To continue to stick the boots into Jones at every opportunity...well that's going above and beyond simple "negative comments" and certainly venturing into negative agenda territory.

People come here to enjoy themselves and discuss everything Carlton. People do not come here to view the same old tired quips or one liners, nor do they want to see the same negative feelings reinforced by a poster in each and every thread, at any opportunity.

We therefore do what we can to ensure negative agendas are left off the forum and encourage those with said agendas to expand their horizons and add to the forum in other ways than just that one negative point of view, time and time again. You see, constant negativity becomes tiresome, annoying and childish - not just for the moderators who do a lot of work behind the scenes to clean it up and ensure discussion remains on topic, but also and more importantly for other posters who want to come here to discuss the club they live without having the same negative posts littered across multiple threads.

We have posters who contribute hugely positively to this board by going to VFL games and providing reports for those of us who are not able to go to watch the younger players as often as perhaps we would like. Popping into this thread with the sole contribution of "Perfect!" in response to Jones not having a great game is not constructive. It is not funny. It is childish, tiring, and just completely unnecessary. We don't want to read it.

This is not the first time you have been pulled up on this, but it will be the last. We enjoy having you here when you see beyond your Jones hatred and decide to contribute meaningfully, but when you cease that in favour of taking childish pot-shots at one player at every opportunity.....things have to change. Enough already.
I'm not even going to read this.

In what respect does a tongue and cheek comment warrant an essay. I was joking around. I don't even dislike Jones. It's been several weeks since I posted anything about him.

Space Cadet

All Australian
Feb 24, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Seems that out injury list is taking its toll on the NB's. Would be nice to have Ellard and Armfield running in the 2nds to give our forwards half a chance.
We're going to need better midfield depth to develop our forwards, could have a NB forward line of Foster, Jaksch, Schache and SOSOS next year :)

Sounds like Byrne was continuing where he left off, hopefully this set back isn't anything serious.

lachie charm

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
You have commented on the bests several times in the father son thread when players have been named that you didn't think warranted it. What's the difference?
Pretty sure I didn't say you're not allowed to comment on the bests. Simply stating who is responsible for the bests in NBs games reports so you know who to direct your unresolved anger at.

Nice to know I'm leaving an impression :thumbsu:

mrbluey

Rookie
Feb 28, 2010
Carlton
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure if even Lockett in his prime would have kicked more than a couple of goals playing forward for the blues today. The delivery was rarely to the advantage of our forwards. This is a sad trend with the seniors also. Watching Hendo and Cas play forward for much of this year they have also often looked disinterested and lacking leadership. I watched Watto carefully in that second half yesterday and his application and movement was better than any of the talls in the senior side. Once again we are all entitled to our opinions. Mine is that Watto has been treated badly in comparison to other talls at Carlton and that he is a much better player than we have given him to opportunity to show.
Firstly not sure how you can compare hendo and cas to watto they are both a class above him on all fronts and hence why they have both played so much afl footy. Watto got his chance against GWS this year as a reward for his form early on and he wasted it. His attitude has let him down he doesnt work hard enough and hes a one trick pony, i could go on but ive said my bit in my first post.

He didnt cut it as a backman when he got his chance at senior level and he hasnt cut it as a forward, i have foster and johnson a head of him.

But everyone is entitled to there opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

AB_Blue

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 26, 2011
"South of the border"
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437289842.925970.jpg

Someone had to do it.......

Back