Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
The 2016 fixture has been released :-

http://northernbluesfc.com.au/news/880-nbfc-news-2016-fixture.html

The Northern Blues will get their 2016 campaign underway against Footscray on Sunday April 10, as confirmed by the release of the 2016 Peter Jackson VFL fixture today.

In positive news, the club’s request that no Northern game directly clashes with Carlton games has been heeded by AFL Victoria, giving fans the best chance to see the young Blues in action.

While no curtain raisers have been pencilled in, the club will continue to work with AFL Victoria over the off-season with matches subject to change.

12316534_979267525476918_2588879992120871643_n.jpg

beowulf

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2009
Golden Square
AFL Club
Carlton
Nice that there are no clashes. Not so ice that there are no Curtain Raisers. I enjoyed those.
I guess we have some chance of being on TV in 2016, but we didn't get much of a run in 2015. I just don't see Channel 7 doing us any favours.

Mar 8, 2013
On my high horse
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
Cripps to be a Blue

The Northern Blues have added to their key position stocks, with Jack Cripps officially committing to the club for 2016.

Cousin of Carlton young gun and reigning best and fairest Patrick, 19-year-old Cripps’ arrival at the Northern Blues is a welcomed addition to the club.

Russell Brothers unite at Blues
The Northern Blues have bolstered their stocks ahead of season 2016, signing brothers Fraser and Sam Russell.

Both players featured on AFL lists in 2015, with Sam Russell spending two years on Port Adelaide’s rookie list while Fraser returns to Northern after more than a year with the Carlton Football Club.

Fraser, 23, and Sam, 19, both have the ability to add to Northern’s midfield depth while featuring up forward or down back respectively.

Good to see Fraser getting a gig with the Bullants.

PuffDragon89

All Australian
Mar 15, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Man City
Northern Blues will be worth watching this year. Have recruited some experienced players plus the Carlton new players.
Wonder if they will televise on ABC here in Canberra?
Good luck, they don't even televise in Vic.

Excited too, we seem to be resetting the magoos. What experienced players have we recruited though?...Can only think of youngsters

Nov 5, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
There can be only 1
Good luck, they don't even televise in Vic.

Excited too, we seem to be resetting the magoos. What experienced players have we recruited though?...Can only think of youngsters
Browne & Casley (VFL) senior players plus the youngsters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
I rapt that the fixturing means that I'll be able to get to a few games this season around my own footy commitments.
It'll be good to see some of the young fellas in action. :thumbsu:

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Here's some practice game info I've managed to scrape from looking around at available fixtures:

VFL Seniors:

Week 3, Friday March 25th: Northern vs. Richmond VFL, 1 PM @ IKON Park
Week 4, Saturday April 2nd: Northern vs. Port Melbourne, 2 PM @ Cramer St Oval

Development League:

Week 3, Friday March 25th: Northern vs. Coburg, 10 AM @ IKON Park
Week 4, Saturday April 2nd: Northern vs. Port Melbourne, 11 AM @ Cramer St Oval

For the seniors, I can tell you that if we are playing in the first week (11-13 March), the only other club with an unconfirmed schedule is Box Hill.

For week 2 (19-21 March):
Box Hill
Essendon
North Ballarat

PuffDragon89

All Australian
Mar 15, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Man City
http://northernbluesfc.com.au/?p=1853

JACK Cripps comes across as a relaxed country boy.

But the tall forward, who hails from Northampton — about 500km north of Perth — is fiercely determined to make the most of his debut VFL season.

The cousin of Carlton on-baller Patrick Cripps, Jack has moved to Melbourne after spending 2015 with West Australian Football League side East Fremantle and being involved in his home state’s Under-18 setup.

The 19-year-old, who has moved in with Patrick and Carlton-listed Irishman Ciaran Byrne in Ascot Vale, said living with his cousin had shown him the dedication required to carve out an AFL career.

“Living with him, you see how hard he works and off-field, in terms of eating and that sort of stuff, he’s really professional,” Cripps said.

“On the field it looks like he’s doing it easy but when you live with him you see behind the scenes what sort of work he puts in.”

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Here's the fixture I found on the Northern website :p

http://northernbluesfc.com.au/?p=1645
Google failed me pretty hard then. :oops:

Checked everywhere except 3 pages back on the Northern site; you'd think they'd republish the info, or link it somewhere on the landing page...

At least I picked out the matches. :cool:

The Bulldogs request these fixtures so their supporters can watch the VFL game & then head to Etihad to watch their AFL game, which that day is at 3.20pm.
We're at Metricon that weekend so I expect a big showing of support at EJ Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back