Official Club Stuff North's Hop Up Bar: Outside Gate 2: Be there!

Remove this Banner Ad

gustev

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2008
north of melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Athletics
Hi all,
Just a reminder to join fellow North fans at the Hop Up bar outside Gate 5 for a drink and food before the game.
A new initiative for the club and would love to hear feedback on the experience.
Go Roos! Rob.

Given this is a new initiative by the club, just thought it deserved its own thread.

I'm going to try and get there. But i'll see.

What is it?

A bit more info:

Hop Up Bar
Relax and unwind before the game at the new NMFC Hop Up Bar.

Grab a drink and a bite to eat before the big game, and listen to tunes from the DJ. There'll also be a special guest set.

Designated drivers can enjoy a free soft drink (limited supply), and major partner Mazda will be providing giveaways.

The Hop Up Bar is family-friendly and will be open from 5pm until half-time, located to the right of Gate 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good initiative, poor promotion.

Went down for a drink and loved the setup, but has got to be better promoted next time. There was nothing on the nmfc.com.au site and a fleeting post on BF isn't enough. Would love to see a couple hundred north supporters having a drink pre-game next time. Tonight there was maybe 30 at the best :(

Was great. Caught up with a few BF'ers and some other likely characters. Even saw Timmy Rogers there briefly. Beast's DJ'ing was excellent. As for the criticism of the promotion, I understand approval for this only just came together at the last minute, following a big effort from the club's admin and game day crew. The plan is to build upon tonight so make it a plan to come along next time.

Was great. Caught up with a few BF'ers and some other likely characters. Even saw Timmy Rogers there briefly. Beast's DJ'ing was excellent.

Didn't see you there, snraz, but did see the great man Tim R float by.

And I think you're being generous to The Beast, although overall the music was good.

Didn't see you there, snraz, but did see the great man Tim R float by.

And I think you're being generous to The Beast, although overall the music was good.

If it's made a regular thing it'd be great to meet up with the BF crew. I was there with my old man, and we couldn't believe more people weren't there. Great idea, they had full strength beers (pure blonde) at similar pub prices (about $7.50) and there wasn't a Richmond supporter in the vicinity. Beast DJing and a cameo from Tim Rogers showed the possibilities of an informal pre-game social club.

Hope the club do it again and push for more promo.

Very interested in this. Will definitely be there next time I go to a game in Melbourne if it's going to be a regular thing.

Plenty of potential too, discount for members would value add to a membership.

Very interested in this. Will definitely be there next time I go to a game in Melbourne if it's going to be a regular thing.

Plenty of potential too, discount for members would value add to a membership.

+1, love the idea of a members discount for drinks. Could also do a proper BBQ rather than the Kransies on the rotating grill. Has the potential of becoming the USA equivalent of pre-game tailgating IMO.

Good initiative, poor promotion.

Went down for a drink and loved the setup, but has got to be better promoted next time. There was nothing on the nmfc.com.au site and a fleeting post on BF isn't enough. Would love to see a couple hundred north supporters having a drink pre-game next time. Tonight there was maybe 30 at the best :(

Thanks for the feedback,

The club was awaiting the appropriate approvals for the concept up until late Thursday from Etihad/AFL, so turnaround time to promote was limited.

It was pushed across social media, via website match-day article and app notification.

Certainly something that we'll push more heavily for future home games.

Cheers, Rob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back