2nds Norwood vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ The Parade

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no way you could tell that some of these guys are trying to break into an AFL side and that the bloke who would pick them is sitting in the stand watching. They literally let Norwood do as they pleased in that 3rd qtr.
Also sick to death of getting the rough end of the pineapple from umpires across both leagues.

Young with a crazy stat line in the end that involved 11 tackles and 11 clearances but needs to be better by hand.

The difference between some of those disposals was a two goal difference as we gave up a good possesion goi g forward to the other team getting away the other way for an easy goal that is hard to defnd

So I take it Billy Frampton didn't deck anyone during the game- looked like he was going to at half time.

Or is he out on the Parade waiting for the Norwood players to leave?

Seems to have REH's 'healthy dose of mongrel'! :thumbsu:

LOL settle down sunshine, it's just the ressies.
That's just it , we were told that it would never be the case , that the Port Maggies would remain in name and spirit ,with winning be the foremost objective , your not suggesting the club lied or miss represented the new set up are you ?.I was at the meeting with KH , KT and a thousand others and as you describe it , " just the ressies " im sure is not the attitude that was fostered.

That's just it , we were told that it would never be the case , that the Port Maggies would remain in name and spirit ,with winning be the foremost objective , your not suggesting the club lied or miss represented the new set up are you ?.I was at the meeting with KH , KT and a thousand others and as you describe it , " just the ressies " im sure is not the attitude that was fostered.
lol oh dear

Painful to watch.

Skills were very poor with lots of turn overs - the technique is ok but we seem to lace out an opposition player between two of our own boys or bomb it onto the head of one of our forwards in a one on three scenario. Forward defensive pressure was lacking. Frees were imbalanced but didn't seem too out of whack.

What is frustrating is that very few players looked like genuine AFL level players. Moore and Young should be killing the SANFL but their disposal was at times disappointing and they weren't able to control the game as they should. Mitchell should be out running everyone and Redden should be completely dominate in the ruck. As a unit we looked slow and entirely unable to stop Norwood in that third term. Poor goal kicking again hurt us. Why we are unable to hit targets, kick goals or have big men take marks? These are the areas we struggle with in the AFL as well, why are we not able to address these????

Positives:
1) DBJ ran well showing good attack as well as defense
2) Butcher stood up in that final term. Howard showed pace and took a grab - average game otherwise.
3) Krak was solid as the loose man
4) Austin was solid and returned post injury
5) Logan was reliable as ever
6) Palmer worked hard and seemed to get to a lot of contests.

Where was Harvey? Did I miss any injury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Butcher found his mojo in the last term. Interesting...

Mate your club is in the AFL. Enjoy it.

If you want Port Adelaide spirit you should have seen us against Collingwood. Defended a 1 goal lead for 20 minutes with our lives.

Baulderdash nearly 20 more hitouts than Reddo, that has to be a concern.

I still can't fathom the love for DBJ, the AFL team lacks size already, so I just can't see what he could bring to the table, even if he puts on 5 or 6 kg of muscle he would still be well under 80 kgs.

As for Russell, his 19 DT points today probably says it all.

Norwood were playing their s**t ultra flood on the wing style of football.
Once they were down they decided to play free flowing footy in the 3rd quarter and scored some goals and we let our guard down and let them have all the space they wanted.

Butcher had a great last quarter.
Palmer was handy in front of goals early but in general play he was bad.
Mitchell and Gray will be delisted.
Moore did a horrible job on Panos. Very disappointing.
Young was great at attacking the packs but his disposal by hand was terrible.
Biemans played his best game ever, boat load of marks.
Byrne-Jones I thought had a great game and provided a lot of run but died off near the end.
Krakouer started slow but did well when he got going.
Summos kicking was terrific.
Russell had some good moments but needs to get the ball more.
Worried about Redden, I hope he gets another year but he's been below par at SANFL level.

I'm the loudest person and give as good as I get, but the send off our players got at the end off the game was childish.

I don't know how you feel anything about that but pity and disgust. These people don't matter.

Norwood were playing their s**t ultra flood on the wing style of football.
Once they were down they decided to play free flowing footy in the 3rd quarter and scored some goals and we let our guard down and let them have all the space they wanted.

Butcher had a great last quarter.
Palmer was handy in front of goals early but in general play he was bad.
Mitchell and Gray will be delisted.
Moore did a horrible job on Panos. Very disappointing.
Young was great at attacking the packs but his disposal by hand was terrible.
Biemans played his best game ever, boat load of marks.
Byrne-Jones I thought had a great game and provided a lot of run but died off near the end.
Krakouer started slow but did well when he got going.
Summos kicking was terrific.
Russell had some good moments but needs to get the ball more.
Worried about Redden, I hope he gets another year but he's been below par at SANFL level.
The umpire did reddo no favours. Kane Mitchell has to lern the old ambition vs ability theory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back