2nds Norwood vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ The Parade

Remove this Banner Ad

peecefullworrier: you obviously struggle to get your head out of the sand you seem to be mesmerized with mediocrity and dont understand that both AFL & Sanfl sides are struggling. Pointing that out is not belittling Port at all. I dont like to see us struggling and wont accept nothing being done about it.
As far as
Do you realise no one agrees with anything you say, ever???
I identify and word things somewhat differently than most but i think im somewhat consistent with a lot of the sentiment about Port at the moment.
Keep your head buried in the sand it seems to suit your image.

The only thing you "identify" each week is "Ken you've got problems"

It's really old and it's really boring try to look on the bright side of life every once in a while.

peecefullworrier: you obviously struggle to get your head out of the sand you seem to be mesmerized with mediocrity and dont understand that both AFL & Sanfl sides are struggling. Pointing that out is not belittling Port at all. I dont like to see us struggling and wont accept nothing being done about it.
As far as
Do you realise no one agrees with anything you say, ever???
I identify and word things somewhat differently than most but i think im somewhat consistent with a lot of the sentiment about Port at the moment.
Keep your head buried in the sand it seems to suit your image.

You know I've been having a close look at your posting history and it looks more and more like a troll to me. Nearly two pages of posting in the Port v Sydney gameday thread, nearly everything obsessively critical particularly of the coaches.

Come the Collingwood game where we were heroic all game and one comment from you in the whole thread and that was pre-match

We have been a sub standard rabble all year, i expect Collingwood to confirm what most of us already know.
Kens preparations for next year should already have started by now if they havent a further black mark against him imo.

And here you are again rubbishing everything.

Just so you know your activity is being closely monitored.

You know I've been having a close look at your posting history and it looks more and more like a troll to me. Nearly two pages of posting in the Port v Sydney gameday thread, nearly everything obsessively critical particularly of the coaches.

Come the Collingwood game where we were heroic all game and one comment from you in the whole thread and that was pre-match

I have also recognised the posting history of the poster concerned, and wondered where allegiance may lie.

Oh what fun it was listening to the personal insults and death threats dealt out by the Norwood supporters today. They all fell suddenly silent when their main victim John Butcher kicked that last goal. Would have been so sweet if we had 1 more goal on the board.

For an AFL wannabe, their membership figure is pathetic. They cannot deal with the fact that they have reached the highest level that they will ever reach. Their supporters are disgusting and as feral as it gets.

Thank you Ford I'm glad.

You must have been sitting near me, that one clown in the cheers squad trying to start fights .
I was on Coopers Hill most of the day. There was one bloke who kept going on about how the Port players were "Port Power B-graders", as if that was some kind of witty insult. We were like "well...yeah, they're our reserves..."

Geez bunfights about who supports who, and how many d*ckhead barrackers the deadlegs have. :rolleyes:

The bottom line is our most hated rival in the snafl has dominated us for the vast majority of this millenium, and once again too many players masquerading as Port Adelaide footballers sat back for an entire qtr ( the 3rd ) and had a circle jerk while yet another game was frittered away.

There are some extremely weak individuals getting games for the Maggies who wouldn't have made the interchange bench for the magoos 25 or so years ago, and unfortunately most of them are Power listed. :mad:

Last edited:
i copped the oh you are a reject club all day....

remember when they thought merging with sturt was a good thing.

I was right next to the Power players, the abuse they coped was pathetic. They simple laughed it off.

Little league bully's .

I did have a chuckle at Soderstrom reeling off Norwood's missing players including Ferreira who has played all of one or two games.

Seeing as #realfooty adherents claim the Magpies have a $10 million salary cap does that mean we can claim Wines, Boak, Gray, Wingard et al as outs? ;)

I did have a chuckle at Soderstrom reeling off Norwood's missing players including Ferreira who has played all of one or two games.

Seeing as #realfooty adherents claim the Magpies have a $10 million salary cap does that mean we can claim Wines, Boak, Gray, Wingard et al as outs? ;)

If we had a full fit list we could say we had Harvey, Shaw and Jonas out
Also due to injures to White, Polec and Carlile....Amon, O'Shea and Clurey were on AFL duty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm the loudest person and give as good as I get, but the send off our players got at the end off the game was childish.

Yes, more than childish. It was venomous. They didn't think twice about any of the past 10 days of events. No sentiments were exhibited. So no sentiments will be returned. I think the faces of some places told me they were shocked at the venom aimed at them. That's why I'd like them to think that it is a whole lot easier for them to cop if they win the game and have the final laugh.

Umpiring through the middle stages was an absolute stitch up much like the Carlton game. Umpired to the crowd of troglodytes from the foothills of Athelstone and Rostrevor.

And still we took it to 1 point despite the horror 3rd quarter.
In the last quarter when Sam Gray was leapt on from behind and driven into the ground they leapt up screaming "cheat!cheat!" at the umpire when he gave Sam the free.

Geez bunfights about who supports who, and how many d*ckhead barrackers the deadlegs have. :rolleyes:

The bottom line is our most hated rival in the snafl has dominated us for the vast majority of this millenium, and once again too many players masquerading as Port Adelaide footballers sat back for an entire qtr ( the 2nd ) and had a circle jerk while yet another game was frittered away.

There are some extremely weak individuals getting games for the Maggies who wouldn't have made the interchange bench for the magoos 25 or so years ago, and unfortunately most of them are Power listed. :mad:

I am so glad it was said, and said by somebody I think is very respectable on this site. Thanks '54. Norwood were once 50 years behind us in the win-loss count before this millennium and the gap has closed to inside a couple of decades. In terms of winning games at their ground I've been attending those games since Hodges last played his final season. We won there in those days and then since that time we've won one more when Tredrea played a Friday night game in '07. How bad is this record? Not to mention that in that time they've beaten us at Alberton more times than we've beaten them. No Port supporter should need to have a list of reasons spelled out to them explaining why sanfl success is an important platform to afl success. We have accepted as a club excuses or reasons or escape clauses for being a mediocre club since our afl venture and it sure wasn't the plan. That era of our club being split and detaching itself from who it was is over. Those leaders are gone. We want to return to the successful Port and that means every corner of the club must get in on the act.

As for klem22 ... I vaguely remember that nickname from way back, years ago, I don't think is a troll. It would e wise for some to think why certain 'negatives' are being said. The Port I grew up with encouraged supporters to express their dissatisfaction when we were not performing to Port standards but somewhere during our al years this became taboo. Look where we are.

The puzzling thing is Port supporters mocking other Port supporters that have a passion for what our club achieves at the sanfl level as if we care about it more than the afl level, and that is wrong. There are enough of Bays, Legs, Dogs, Eagles, Chooks, Panthers, Baggers, and Bloods supporters gloating in the Magpies demise, why do some Port supporters choose to side with those classless acts?

Oh maybe. It sounded like you were mocking Port supporters that care about sanfl success.
We all care about SANFL success.

You've got a reserves team that is constantly disrupted by changes to the AFL team. Playing in s**t conditions, on a postage stamp of an oval, against the reigning premiers.

We lost by a point.

You're not being passionate, you're being an ass.

[\quote]="Pt Augusta Power, post: 39567396, member: 90012"]You can hear it on the television. I laugh when people say the Sanfl is a good family environment.[/QUOTE]
Ive only been to a handful of $anfl games these past couple of years but the environment I saw was poisionous. Seems like its almost exclusively attended by unhappy middle aged men. Been maggies supporter since I was 5 been to hundreds of games pre-AFL. I get as worked up about the prison bars and our history as anyone and I still think we should leave that pissant competition for good. Hopefully play VFL ressies or even A1 amateur. Crows don't get treated much better either. Happy to give them what they want. No afl in sanfl. No afl $ in it either.
BTW norwood - I just watched my team play collingwood with 45000+ and a national tv audience of a couple of million. Just saying...

Too many have become accepting of mediocrity for the Maggies, which is no doubt a by product of wanting success in the AFL above all else, and while I thought I would never say this the club either needs to abandon the snafl comp, or retire the PB and play as the Power magoos.

The sanctions the club agreed to will bite deeper with each passing year, and half hearted efforts by players, who simply aren't good enough, don't particularly care, or worse still don't have the comic cuts to give their all while wearing one of the most famous jumpers in Australian sporting history is giving me the SH*TS. :mad:

We all care about SANFL success.

You've got a reserves team that is constantly disrupted by changes to the AFL team. Playing in s**t conditions, on a postage stamp of an oval, against the reigning premiers.

We lost by a point.

You're not being passionate, you're being an ass.

No. It is the same PAFC script when we go to Norwood. We find ways to lose and we have been losing for close to two decades. So you are the ass for using all of these weak excuses. The margin doesn't matter when you have one once at that place way back in '07.

We have a team stacked with talent but psyched out by a team of amateurs. The hard edge that all Port Adelaide teams carried has been missing for the most part of our afl venture ... and you make excuses for it, oh my.

No. It is the same PAFC script when we go to Norwood. We find ways to lose and we have been losing for close to two decades. So you are the ass for using all of these weak excuses. The margin doesn't matter when you have one once at that place way back in '07.

We have a team stacked with talent but psyched out by a team of amateurs. The hard edge that all Port Adelaide teams carried has been missing for the most part of our afl venture ... and you make excuses for it, oh my.
No. You're far to negative regarding all thing Port related. It's getting a bit old. When we next win a flag I hope you have the brains not to show your face around here. That hard edge and dominace was in a bush league compared to what it is today. We all laugh at Collingwood and Essendons claims of 16 premierships. What happened before was easier to achieve then. I'd be amazed if you don't own at least one Crows jumper.

There have been a couple of threads about this topic, I started one called Boys from the Port where I admitted I was lowering my expectations about what the Power reserves team could achieve given sanfl based impositions, the make up of the side and what is trying to be achieved internally.

Yesterday Luke Partington, a Tumby Bay product who in years past would have been a Port Adelaide player, helped bring Port down. Partington is an AFL u18 All Australian this year.

This is no longer the Port Adelaide many of us grew up with. I still support them but as I said my expectations for their success have been lowered.

... This is no longer the Port Adelaide many of us grew up with. I still support them but as I said my expectations for their success have been lowered.
Well that's right of course. I watch our games with a view to watching a team I support and hoping for a win, but in the last 2 years I also watch with a view to how our AFL players are doing. And it's still a lot better, a lot more enjoyable, than it has been for years now. The Magpies we older supporters knew lasted about 4 years from 1997. The money ran out, we could never recruit/retain the players we needed.
Yesterday we went missing for a quarter and only lost by a point at the Parade, where we haven't won since TV went to colour. It's just not that bleak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back