2nds Norwood vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ The Parade

Remove this Banner Ad

You know I've been having a close look at your posting history and it looks more and more like a troll to me. Nearly two pages of posting in the Port v Sydney gameday thread, nearly everything obsessively critical particularly of the coaches.

Come the Collingwood game where we were heroic all game and one comment from you in the whole thread and that was pre-match

And here you are again rubbishing everything.

Just so you know your activity is being closely monitored.

Ford i dont mind you watching my posts. :)
Talking about rubbish, your conclusion about me being troll is exactly that rubbish, so i suppose we all post it at times, my frustration is directed at what i think is the source of our problems, whether i am right or wrong is another question. Some people post only positive stuff and you have to admire them for that particularly when there is nothing positive to see.
I understand that football has its ups and downs but even the most optimistic of fans would have to question what is going on at Port at times. I just happen to be one who is not content until things are actually moving in the right direction and the coaches are always my first port of call. The one thing i do admit that i can work on is the fact that i bleed easily when Port dont play well in either competition, i dont blame myself entirely for that as it is just an expectation that this club has nurtured in my heart for the last 50 years. Maybe i should just lower my expectations also.;)

Talking about rubbish, your conclusion about me being troll is exactly that rubbish, so i suppose we all post it at times, my frustration is directed at what i think is the source of our problems, whether i am right or wrong is another question. Some people post only positive stuff and you have to admire them for that particularly when there is nothing positive to see.
I understand that football has its ups and downs but even the most optimistic of fans would have to question what is going on at Port at times. I just happen to be one who is not content until things are actually moving in the right direction and the coaches are always my first port of call. The one thing i do admit that i can work on is the fact that i bleed easily when Port dont play well in either competition, i dont blame myself entirely for that as it is just an expectation that this club has nurtured in my heart for the last 50 years. Maybe i should just lower my expectations also.;)

No one on this site is trying to prevent constructive criticism and even some venting when times are bad. No one wants endless rose-colored glasses praise either. But when posting becomes so persistently and boorishly critical of coaches, players and the club that it affects the enjoyment of the site by other posters then it has to be looked at. There has to be some balance.

Now I don't think you are an opposition supporter in disguise but your posting has hit the red zone of that sort of relentless criticism that is affecting posters who want to have a meaningful discussion. In that sense it is trolling other posters here. You don't want the gauge to melt down! ;)

pressure-gauge-stress-breaking-point.jpg

I can honestly say that I have never seen a post of yours that is in any way positive about anything.

boydman gives me the shits how he only ever seems to appear after a loss, but at least there is some memorable evidence that he derives some enjoyment from the club from after the 2013 EF win.

Didn't see any of yesterdays game being in WA, but from the stats it seems it was a case of Mitchell, Young, Murphy and Reinbrecht hugging each other all day. 51 tackles between them!

I can honestly say that I have never seen a post of yours that is in any way positive about anything.

There has been a lot of down trending with Port since the debacle of 2007 so there has been a bit to get annoyed at.
The success of refurbishing our off field and on field leadership has injected a lot to be positive about and my comments would have reflected that but that success has to be capitalized upon and i say that at the moment we are struggling, so my observations will reflect that. I accept the fact that i can find a more constructive way of doing that as obviously some people find it hard to cope with.

Panos has no future in the afl to be honest. And Moore has some chance of a future if he can translate his sanfl form to afl level. It would b nice if he was given a shot , rather than dropped after a 6 disposal effort as sub when our team has been playing s**t.

I would rather use Moore (+ maybe a draft pick) and try and get Cameron Giles (195cm) and Tom Fields (192cm) from Carlton during the trade period

both Giles and Fields are from SA teams (South & WWT)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would dearly like to cherry pick the golden years (for me anyway) from the mid 50s through to the 70s but that can never happen and true, the current Maggies aren't in the same class as yesteryears but all in all, I'm just thankful we are again One Club - warts and all.

There has been a lot of down trending with Port since the debacle of 2007 so there has been a bit to get annoyed at.
The success of refurbishing our off field and on field leadership has injected a lot to be positive about and my comments would have reflected that but that success has to be capitalized upon and i say that at the moment we are struggling, so my observations will reflect that. I accept the fact that i can find a more constructive way of doing that as obviously some people find it hard to cope with.

If you couldn't get any kind of enjoyment out of the journey through 2013 and 2014....

No. You're far to negative regarding all thing Port related. It's getting a bit old. When we next win a flag I hope you have the brains not to show your face around here. That hard edge and dominace was in a bush league compared to what it is today. We all laugh at Collingwood and Essendons claims of 16 premierships. What happened before was easier to achieve then. I'd be amazed if you don't own at least one Crows jumper.

You're an idiot if you think I'm too negative for a stating a true stat and not liking it, and a stat that by nature is negative. Are you confusing me with pafc88? Don't matter anyway because claims of negative is many times a copout of people not being able to handle an appalling fact.

apparently it was a club official ... and this person was dressed down by the club
(this was mentioned on 5aa - Sunday roast)

I saw that it was an official and it continued all the way from the middle of the ground and right through into the player's race. I would not ever believe Norwood claiming that they have given a warning or 'dress down' to an official's poor behaviour against Port.

There have been a couple of threads about this topic, I started one called Boys from the Port where I admitted I was lowering my expectations about what the Power reserves team could achieve given sanfl based impositions, the make up of the side and what is trying to be achieved internally.

Yesterday Luke Partington, a Tumby Bay product who in years past would have been a Port Adelaide player, helped bring Port down. Partington is an AFL u18 All Australian this year.

This is no longer the Port Adelaide many of us grew up with. I still support them but as I said my expectations for their success have been lowered.

How can it no longer be the Port Adelaide you grew up with? So as an SANFL club only were the reserves in the mid-80s with Ginever, Fiacchi, Delaney et all not Port Adelaide? Of course they were. I don't see a difference there other than we recruit them at a later age from around the nation.

My fears are that this side is handicapped enough to not be able to win a flag let alone dominate half a decade but why must expectations on these boys getting the most out of their football time at our club and in their youth be any lower from us supporters? If you and I were on Port's list but the highlight of our career was an SANFL flag only, you would not cherish it? Why put a limit on your club's expectations of success at any level Ford?

How can it no longer be the Port Adelaide you grew up with? So as an SANFL club only were the reserves in the mid-80s with Ginever, Fiacchi, Delaney et all not Port Adelaide? Of course they were. I don't see a difference there other than we recruit them at a later age from around the nation.

My fears are that this side is handicapped enough to not be able to win a flag let alone dominate half a decade but why must expectations on these boys getting the most out of their football time at our club and in their youth be any lower from us supporters? If you and I were on Port's list but the highlight of our career was an SANFL flag only, you would not cherish it? Why put a limit on your club's expectations of success at any level Ford?

2928543-524906464-Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Let's see, the Port Adelaide in the sanfl I grew up with was the senior league side in the competition not the reserves side of the AFL team.

The Port Adelaide in the sanfl I grew up with had zones and taught those kids from when they were old enough to play football the Port Adelaide way.

The Port Adelaide in the sanfl I grew up with was allowed to pick its best team every week and wasn't either beholden to AFL rules or the development intentions of a team above it.

If you're asking me if I supported the Port reserves team in the 1980s well of course I did but it was hardly important to me if it won premierships. It was nice and all but ultimately its purpose was to produce quality league footballers. Generally Port had the depth and strength to be strong in reserves.

And I didn't say I put a limit on the club's expectations, I put a limit on mine. I hope they can achieve ultimate success, I hope these kids develop into the best they can be and progress to successful careers in the first team, the Power. That was the whole point of getting them away from all the other league clubs into a single club environment. But I can also understand why ultimate club success can elude them.

I'm not ridiculing anyone who is passionate about the club at sanfl level and wants them to succeed. But my belief is too many factors are conspiring against the sanfl side to be hugely successful. The sanfl simply doesn't want it.

As I said in the other thread the Port league team is now a camel in a horse race. It exists under a completely different set of rules to all the other teams.

And I hope KT keeps fighting for the best conditions we can have.

Let's see, the Port Adelaide in the sanfl I grew up with was the senior league side in the competition not the reserves side of the AFL team.

The Port Adelaide in the sanfl I grew up with had zones and taught those kids from when they were old enough to play football the Port Adelaide way.

The Port Adelaide in the sanfl I grew up with was allowed to pick its best team every week and wasn't either beholden to AFL rules or the development intentions of a team above it.

If you're asking me if I supported the Port reserves team in the 1980s well of course I did but it was hardly important to me if it won premierships. It was nice and all but ultimately its purpose was to produce quality league footballers. Generally Port had the depth and strength to be strong in reserves.

And I didn't say I put a limit on the club's expectations, I put a limit on mine. I hope they can achieve ultimate success, I hope these kids develop into the best they can be and progress to successful careers in the first team, the Power. That was the whole point of getting them away from all the other league clubs into a single club environment. But I can also understand why ultimate club success can elude them.

I'm not ridiculing anyone who is passionate about the club at sanfl level and wants them to succeed. But my belief is too many factors are conspiring against the sanfl side to be hugely successful. The sanfl simply doesn't want it.

As I said in the other thread the Port league team is now a camel in a horse race. It exists under a completely different set of rules to all the other teams.

And I hope KT keeps fighting for the best conditions we can have.

Yeah serious for an insight into your thoughts. So it sounds like you're closer to expecting the sanfl side to win a flag than not so why not just go the whole hog? I'm sure it will not erode any of your passion for our afl side winning a flag. It won't for me. However yes, the rules are having an effect on me in a big way. From hating the rest but not wanting them to fold to just hoping they do fall through a black hole! Until that happens I don't want them to get the better of any level of our club.

Now Ford, the Port Adelaide you grew up with as an AFL club doesn't have zones and is restricted to a draft and all that but you love them as passionately. Anyway, just getting an insight and not trying to bash an idea.

I don't accept that we accept a loss, especially by a team wearing the PBs. We say some harsh stuff about the AFL team and them not being worthy of the jumper at times, but anyone who doesn't give absolutely everything on gameday to win in the SANFL, in the black and white, is just as bad. I don't care if you're a high Power listed draft pick, a veteran rookie, a top up player, an aspiring career coach from Victoria, or an old bloke helping run the water. You do everything in your power to help the club win on gameday. Anything less in unacceptable. We should be winning these games. In isolation, a 1 point loss away, to a SANFL powerhouse club right now (lol) in wet conditions, with the umps also against, doesn't sound that bad, but when you break it down, they kicked 5 goals to naught in the premiership quarter to overrun us. That shouldn't happen. I accept that it is going to sometimes, but I don't accept that I have to accept it, or that we should expect it. I expect to win.

Gee I've typed the word Accept a lot. Here's one more for the road.

You're an idiot if you think I'm too negative for a stating a true stat and not liking it, and a stat that by nature is negative. Are you confusing me with pafc88? Don't matter anyway because claims of negative is many times a copout of people not being able to handle an appalling fact.
Sincere apologies. Was confusing you with the other bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back