2nds Norwood vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ The Parade

Mar 9, 2014
Madelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There are no excuses for that lack of third quarter effort. There was no 'Living the Creed' happening.

After the halftime melee, the Norwood official verbally bagging Mitchell during an interview with the SANFL official broadcaster, and the uncivilised behaviour by Norwood supporters towards our players as they exited the ground (no biggie really but it just shows how hypocritical it is for some of my Norwood mates to call Port supporters the 'great unwashed'), to see such an insipid display with no reaction from our players was infuriating. I hate how reactive we, as a club, sometimes are. Sure we weren't getting a fair run from the umpires, but don't go into your shell, fight harder. Hit the contest, ball and opponent harder. As John Kennedy would say, Do something!'. Help yourselves no one else is going to help you.

As I posted earlier, our players were as much spectators as I was in the 'premiership quarter' except they could actually do something about it which they belatedly did it that last quarter. I give them credit for that effort but that was a game we should have won.

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sometimes I feel the players lack passion but players like Summo, Masters, Logan and Sharrad put in every week. Probably others I've forgotten.

Sep 24, 2008
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
La lakers. Oakland Raiders, bunny’s
There are no excuses for that lack of third quarter effort. There was no 'Living the Creed' happening.

After the halftime melee, the Norwood official verbally bagging Mitchell during an interview with the SANFL official broadcaster, and the uncivilised behaviour by Norwood supporters towards our players as they exited the ground (no biggie really but it just shows how hypocritical it is for some of my Norwood mates to call Port supporters the 'great unwashed'), to see such an insipid display with no reaction from our players was infuriating. I hate how reactive we, as a club, sometimes are. Sure we weren't getting a fair run from the umpires, but don't go into your shell, fight harder. Hit the contest, ball and opponent harder. As John Kennedy would say, Do something!'. Help yourselves no one else is going to help you.

As I posted earlier, our players were as much spectators as I was in the 'premiership quarter' except they could actually do something about it which they belatedly did it that last quarter. I give them credit for that effort but that was a game we should have won.
I think the big problem in the third was the old chestnut of ambition and ability , short chip kicks in the backline when the weather is shiit insted of sticking to the basics.

RustyCage

Premiership Player
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
http://www.norwoodfc.com.au/News/LATESTNEWS/REPORT_OF_RACISM.aspx

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436912830.153503.jpg

Indigenous round too. The troggies from basements in Athelstone and Rostrevor must still be wondering why there were squiggly lines on the Nord jumper.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Yeah ... "we won't do anything about it this time but next time please report it to us ... if you remember or if you like to ... ok ... next time it happens ... because at the end of the day it was said to a Port Adelaide runner ... so it is not really necessary to report it this time so just report it to us next time and we'll just condone it for now."

Yeah great one Norwood. Instead of "we are investigating the situation and if these claims of racial abuse is found to be true we will ban the supporter from attending further games at Norwood Oval" ... "we offer our apologies to the Port Adelaide runner" etc ...

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
PA88, well said and completely true. As to the end result the umpires and timekeeper can take some credit.
Doubtless their modesty would prevent them taking a bow but rather they might say
"shucks guys it was nothing we've done it before and we'll do it again."
No wonder they squibbed when Oakley handed them the pen for an AFL future on the national stage.
The scrutiny of such exposure would have had them sliding in their pants.

Back