Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd rather both, but if one only then NTUA. We still get the club song post game when we win. With the countdown to the boys coming on the ground and then NTUA pre-bounce the club song is not as important. It's pump up the crowd with Not giving in, relax with the club song, pump up the crowd with NTUA.
I like this idea. Lets do it differently to other clubs. NTUA as our run out and on the ground song and incorporate NGI somehow. Not all three at the beginning.

Club song at the end as reward if we win, as the boys do in their huddle after in the changerooms. Something along these lines.

I've deleted my posts (unprompted), what started as a comment on my disdain for game day presenters turned into sexist comments (by me) that are not really acceptable at any time, even if meant only as a joke.

If Alissa reads here, I am genuinely sorry.

Ahh... the old "reverse psychology" approach

I'd rather both, but if one only then NTUA. We still get the club song post game when we win. With the countdown to the boys coming on the ground and then NTUA pre-bounce the club song is not as important. It's pump up the crowd with Not giving in, relax with the club song, pump up the crowd with NTUA.

Power to Win should only be played in victory, after all, that's the only occasion on matchdays the players sing it.

I'll never forget 3 or 4 years ago when out of nowhere we played Back In Black after that rising heartbeat of highlights just prior to the players coming down the race. It caused a genuine buzz around the stadium - so much so that even the opposition players having shots for goal during their warmup were turning around to watch and see what was happening. Then we changed it to some other wishy-washy s**t that didn't translate well to Football Park's archaic tannoy and the right path was lost, until now.

NTUA as our official pregame clubsong. Power To Win in victory.

Simples.

Or if our version of NTUA is drowned out by, say Hell's Bells, then hopefully there will be plenty of booing...

There's no need for blasphemy, I certainly won't be taking part in any AC/DC booing. Matter of fact I'll he screeching it out:

I'm rolling thunder, pouring rain
I'm coming on like a hurricane
My lightning's flashing, across the sky
You're only young but you're gonna die.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Play the club song for 80 of the 90 seconds and then 10 seconds of the guitar riff of NTUA and then we fans belt it out unaided by the video and PA system.

But we have to be the second team to run onto the ground to have any impact.

Anyway how ever its done, the AFL rules will make a fan generated NTUA almost impossible to sing with 60 seconds before bouncedown.

Any Liverpool fans out there - do the FA allow Liverpool a slot before the FA Cup kick off at Wembley to belt out YNWA?? What about UEFA at an away game or at a neutral venue for the final game in a Champion Leagues game??? If so it could be something Kochie throws at the AFL.

Play the club song for 80 of the 90 seconds and then 10 seconds of the guitar riff of NTUA and then we fans belt it out unaided by the video and PA system...

I agree. Club song when the lads run out. Quite a break with warmups till start of game. When the siren goes to start getting in position I'm sure we can all get up and sing NTUA unaided anyways. Specially after a few frothies :)

We shouldn't play the club song at all, ever, because it's really bad. Just have the players sing it after a win.

We've got something better now with Not Giving In, we don't need to awkwardly cut it off to play our lame song halfway through the run-out. Kills it.

edit: what tribes said

Play the club song for 80 of the 90 seconds and then 10 seconds of the guitar riff of NTUA and then we fans belt it out unaided by the video and PA system.

But we have to be the second team to run onto the ground to have any impact.

Anyway how ever its done, the AFL rules will make a fan generated NTUA almost impossible to sing with 60 seconds before bouncedown.

Any Liverpool fans out there - do the FA allow Liverpool a slot before the FA Cup kick off at Wembley to belt out YNWA?? What about UEFA at an away game or at a neutral venue for the final game in a Champion Leagues game??? If so it could be something Kochie throws at the AFL.
There's no slot for songs For soccer fans just start to sing and join in whenever they feel like, clubs have tunes they play when they run out but it's not really a club song thing, the fa cup final is the only one with a proper hymn.

There's no slot for songs For soccer fans just start to sing and join in whenever they feel like, clubs have tunes they play when they run out but it's not really a club song thing, the fa cup final is the only one with a proper hymn.

There is a ritual at Anfield when the announcer comes on and plays YNWA over the PA system and the crowd joins in. I can't remember exactly when it is but it happens like that.

Ok just watched a couple of You Tube videos and they do it as the players are warming up and pinging at the goals and the song end as the coin toss happens.

Crystal Palace play "Glad all Over" over the PA when they walk on the pitch and I know the crowd belt it out again whenever they want during the game.

The Newcastle Jets started playing NTUA in 2007, and I posted something about it on page 9 of this thread, when the players walk on the pitch and at the 90th minute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a ritual at Anfield when the announcer comes on and plays YNWA over the PA system and the crowd joins in. I can't remember exactly when it is but it happens like that.

Ok just watched a couple of You Tube videos and they do it as the players are warming up and pinging at the goals and the song end as the coin toss happens.

Crystal Palace play "Glad all Over" over the PA when they walk on the pitch and I know the crowd belt it out again whenever they want during the game.

The Newcastle Jets started playing NTUA in 2007, and I posted something about it on page 9 of this thread, when the players walk on the pitch and at the 90th minute.

It's not like ours, there is no set time or real set up, the club would have done that to match the fans and not the other way around. The closest to an AFL type thing is West Ham with I'm forever blowing bubbles. I have been to all the premier league grounds (well the clubs as some grounds are new) at least once and Anfield several times.
The club followed the fans they did not lead it.

At Cardiff we sing Men of Harlech (like,in the film Zulu) and a song called I'll be there, about coal mining, the club itself just follow the trends, they don't set them, they get recordings after the songs become popular.

It's not like ours, there is no set time or real set up, the club would have done that to match the fans and not the other way around. The closest to an AFL type thing is West Ham with I'm forever blowing bubbles. I have been to all the premier league grounds (well the clubs as some grounds are new) at least once and Anfield several times.
The club followed the fans they did not lead it.

But it happens before kick off in every video I have seen or when I have watched a game.

The 25 year memorial of Hillsborough back in April, the timing was set by the club as part of the commemorations for that day.

But it happens before kick off in every video I have seen or when I have watched a game.

The 25 year memorial of Hillsborough back in April, the timing was set by the club as part of the commemorations for that day.
The club latched onto it, they didn't drive it.

The club latched onto it, they didn't drive it.

It started in 1963-64 with the Kop signing The Beatles She Loves You. I posted the video in the early pages of this thread. Then they changed to Gerry and Pacemakers YNWA around 1966-67 season. Then the club started playing it over the PA a couple of years after that sometime before kick off.

In October 2012 Fox Sports had a 6 part 1/2 hour per show doco called Being Liverpool - starting with Brendan Rodgers first day on the job. Burgo was in parts 1 and 2 and very briefly in part 3. They chatted to the ground announcer who had worked for about 35 or 45 years at Anfield and he talked about the history of first the Beatles songs and then YNWA.

This is an absolutely fantastic idea.

I've been thinking all week that we're never going to get everyone singing along in time effectively to do NTUA. Maybe in a few years, but we're not there yet. Giving us the guitar riff at the start and letting the crowd do it by themselves might be the way past this.

Other than that, I'm a big believer that the club song should be saved for wins even when we are in full control of our pre game. NTUA all the way

It started in 1963-64 with the Kop signing The Beatles She Loves You. I posted the video in the early pages of this thread. Then they changed to Gerry and Pacemakers YNWA around 1966-67 season. Then the club started playing it over the PA a couple of years after that sometime before kick off.

In October 2012 Fox Sports had a 6 part 1/2 hour per show doco called Being Liverpool - starting with Brendan Rodgers first day on the job. Burgo was in parts 1 and 2 and very briefly in part 3. They chatted to the ground announcer who had worked for about 35 or 45 years at Anfield and he talked about the history of first the Beatles songs and then YNWA.

IIRC it actually started with the club playing top ten songs over the PA.

YNWA was top song for a few weeks and stuck with the fans.

This is basically the story I was told by a couple of my uncles. The rest are Manchester fans.

I decided to follow Chelsea just to annoy them as I knew how much they all hated the club. s**t stirring as an 10y/o. :D

http://www.thefootballsupernova.com/2012/02/story-behind-youll-never-walk-alone.html

Back then, tickets were not bought on the internet 6 months prior to the game (they weren't 50-odd quid either), fans had to get early to the ground and wait in the never-ending queues to watch their local team play, cue The Kop being already packed up a good half-hour before every game. To keep them young lads entertained and soak up the atmosphere, the stadium DJ would often play the Charts' hits, mainly from Liverpudlian bands at the time. Renowned for their natural bond with music, the Scousers on the Kop would often sing along with the voices they've heard so often in the local clubs, before seeing their beloved Liverpool beat yet another opposition and make their way up the table. Then on one cold November afternoon, while eagerly waiting for the men in red to get on the pitch and put in a blinder, The Kop suddenly erupts into singing a tune one would have thought they'd known for ages. They were singing along to Gerry Mardsen, one of their own, performing his third #1 hit in a row. A tune he took from a 1945 American musical he grew up loving, and sang in Merseybeat fashion.

Following the tremendous reception it got from the Kop, the song was played before and after every game at Anfield that season. It remains so to this day. By the end of the season, in mid-1964, Liverpool FC were champions of England, and Beatlemania had reached America, and the rest of the planet. Liverpool was sitting on top of the world.

A
IIRC it actually started with the club playing top ten songs over the PA.

YNWA was top song for a few weeks and stuck with the fans.

If you go back to the early pages of this thread I posted a video from a Liverpool home game at the end of the 1963-64 season when Liverpool won the then Division 1 League title.

It is from a BBC current affairs program - might be from Panaroma - it shows about 15,000 blokes in the Kop swaying and singing the Beatles She Loves You. The video talks about the blokes in the Kop spontaneously signing local songs. YNWA started a couple of years after that..

A

If you go back to the early pages of this thread I posted a video from a Liverpool home game at the end of the 1963-64 season when Liverpool won the then Division 1 League title.

It is from a BBC current affairs program - might be from Panaroma - it shows about 15,000 blokes in the Kop swaying and singing the Beatles She Loves You. The video talks about the blokes in the Kop spontaneously signing local songs. YNWA started a couple of years after that..

Yeah I've watched the video. All I've been told was the club played top ten songs and this one stuck.

Here from wiki. :oops:

In the United Kingdom, the song's most successful cover was released by Gerry and the Pacemakers in 1963, after the band's producer George Martin suggested that they record it as a follow up to their hit "I Like It," peaking at number one in the singles chart for four consecutive weeks.
The song quickly became the anthem of Liverpool Football Club and is invariably sung by its supporters moments before the start of each home game.[13] The words "You'll Never Walk Alone" also feature in the club crest and on the Shankly Gate entrance to Anfield, their home stadium.
According to former player Tommy Smith, lead vocalist Gerry Marsden presented Liverpool manager Bill Shankly with a recording of his forthcoming cover single during a pre-season coach trip in the summer of 1963. "Shanks was in awe of what he heard. ... Football writers from the local newspapers were travelling with our party and, thirsty for a story of any kind between games, filed copy back to their editors to the effect that we had adopted Gerry Marsden's forthcoming single as the club song."[14] Shankly later picked the song as his eighth and final selection for Desert Island Discs on the eve of the 1965 FA Cup Final.[15]
Marsden himself told BBC Radio how, in the 1960s, the disc jockey at Anfield would play the top-ten commercial records in ascending order, with the number one single transmitted last, shortly before kickoff. Spectators would sing along, but unlike with other hit singles, once "You'll Never Walk Alone" dropped out of the top-ten, instead of disregarding the song, supporters continued to sing it.[16][17]

what could happen is when the club runs through the banner, play the first verse/chorus, the same they sing at the end of the match, from the vocal lines of we got the power to win up until ....ours for the taking... power, that goes for 30 seconds, as soon as that finishes, straight into never tear us apart, that goes for 1 minute, there the 90 seconds used up right there, get them both in, the best of both worlds.

Rather childish behaviour you earn your home final * we should be able to have bock and his missus do a ufc demo followed by notso coal walking then have the wee licker give a ping pong show give us our right NTUA you monkeys we are port adelaide

i dont remember there ever being a slot before the FA cup final in 2012. pretty sure the fans sing it themselves. at home games we used to play the song on the PA as they were walking up through the tunnel. when kenny took over again i think it changed back to being played on the PA as they were doing their last little warm up right until kick off. regardless of the PA playing it the fans are that attached to it they'd sing it anyways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back