Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Other clubs are not going to try and replicate our match day surely.... doomed for failure

Port Adelaide isn't about being relevant. No, that's what the crows are. Port Adelaide is a timeless, ageless, classic. We are like the Beatles, Elvis, Casablanca, Gone with the wind. Star Wars, Jaws, or AC/DC. We can't be dated. We will not age, our appeal is eternal. No part of our package, our experience, when done right, will ever age. YNWA has not aged. INXS and Not giving in will not age either, as we got it right. Job is done, boxes are ticked, now lets let is be.

Last edited:

Steady on guys, I wasn't suggesting we should change the song, hearing that opening chord gives me chills and puts a smile on my face.

I was just thinking how some people at the club might decide to switch it to something newer and was speculating what they would use if they did. Off season induced rambling, OK?

I echo this. Please, please, please just leave it as is. Sure do more fireworks, crowd interaction on the screen pre math etc etc but leave everything else alone. If it aint broken then don't fix it

If we **** this up by having some boy band sing a shitty song they penned before the game then I'm boycotting pre game.

If this is the case they can perform an acoustic set in the Planet Teal tent and let's leave it at that.

Carn m8, don't try and tell me the keyboard riff in Walk Of Life doesn't get stuck in your head for days on end after hearing it on Target Radio.

Even now, just with your mere mention of it, it's worked it's way back out of the deepest recesses of my memory.

Damn you.

Oh, and do you think Mark Knopfler is still relevant in this day and age? His theme to the movie 'Local Hero' will be played before Newcastle United games forever and it's one of the most spine tingling songs in sport.

I'm sure it's inspiring at the ground but watching 40 000 drunk men trying to impersonate a saxophone looks a little odd. Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah, da da da da da da da.

I wonder why they chose that song.
I'm glad we have lyrics to work with.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the glow stick idea for our first night game... Imagine that... 50k Port supports with glow sticks in the dark for the songs! heaven! Just make sure the Glow sticks are Port colours.

The rumour I heard was taking it to the next level is for the first game against Sydney, there will be a live performance from either Rudimental and/or INXS, which if is true would be ORGASMIC!

All this talk of boy bands is freaking me out. However, I'm inclined to trust the club with whatever it's got installed. They've excelled all of our expectations to date. I can't see how they'd take a backward step. Surely not.

What about Katy Perry "Eye of the tiger" because it's cool and gernelg and all.

I'd be ok with playing Katy Perry film clips on mute at half time in the bars, but that's about it.

I love the glow stick idea for our first night game... Imagine that... 50k Port supports with glow sticks in the dark for the songs! heaven! Just make sure the Glow sticks are Port colours.

The rumour I heard was taking it to the next level is for the first game against Sydney, there will be a live performance from either Rudimental and/or INXS, which if is true would be ORGASMIC!

I love the glow stick idea too.

As much as I love our match day entertainment I wont ever be satisfied until we have one or many Tesla coils for night games. Make it happen!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back