Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely off topic but I've been laughing for 5 minutes at this. 1/2 because its Creed and 1/2 because its the worst fashion sense ive seen.

It's also amusing that even in a band made up of fuglies, there's still "the ugly one at the back".

if there were lyrics on the screens, i probably wouldn't sing out of principle. just seems really poxy and forced.

let it evolve on its own. if the fans want to sing it, they'll start doing it. it might just start with people shouting the last line.

the way the club has gone about it so far is right. if they wanted to force it onto everyone, they would have held a chant night.

I agree with every word of that, and I'm praying to everything that is holy that the club is thinking the same. Let the fans sing it, or even just shout in tune if they're one of the few who don't know it. Nothing will turn something so awesome into something so contrived and completely ****ing lame as playing NTUA with karaoke lyrics on the screen. It's one step away from a voice over the PA cueing up the crowd with "a one and a two and a three . . ."

Maybe just the line "never tear us apart" appears on screen, it sort of encourages fans to sing/shout without the pretentiousness of the whole song, and it also sends a message, it means something. A good balance of maintaining integrity and encouraging participation.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

I agree with every word of that, and I'm praying to everything that is holy that the club is thinking the same. Let the fans sing it, or even just shout in tune if they're one of the few who don't know it. Nothing will turn something so awesome into something so contrived and completely ****ing lame as playing NTUA with karaoke lyrics on the screen. It's one step away from a voice over the PA cueing up the crowd with "a one and a two and a three . . ."

Songs like this are successful when they are left to grow organically...in there own time and way. You definitely can't manufacture support. All it takes is for one bay to start singing it, and the rest of the crowd will want to join in. Have faith.

My thoughts are that the Never Giving In intro was great. Some scope for the slow clapp too. From the video taken at the ground posted earlier in this thread it sounds like there are four bars of music but 'Not Giving In' is only sung in 2 of them. Could be 3 and I just didnt hear it properly. I think the 2 bars without a NGI could either be dubbed in or left for the crowd to fill in. I'd prefer to dub them in but there were some who sang it in anticipation of it being sung again. Sometimes people take it upon themselves to fill it in, sometimes they feel stupid for singing a part of a song that isnt there. Id still lean to dubbing it in again just to ram home the message.

As for NTUA...wow! I hope EVERYONE in this thread that goes to our games for the rest of the year realises that if this is going to get off the ground and mean something to this club, WE have to be the champions of it being successful. I for one will sing my lungs out because I love it and I think it means something to us.

We dont need lyrics on the screen. My 12 year old nephew was singing while it was playing. It's simple enough.

I did have a hawk gliding over the fig trees pointed out to me before the game. How funny would it be if their trained Crow got taken down by a Hawk...

or pair of magpies drove it off. :D

Ummm. It was a pelican.

Big black and white pelican. Looked magnificent as it soared around the ground then flew over the eastern stand casting a massive shadow on the roof.

I took it as a good omen and laughed at how it was innocently mocking the trained crow in the same way the natural 'never tear us apart' singing mocked the Crows chants.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Ummm. It was a pelican.

Big black and white pelican. Looked magnificent as it soared around the ground then flew over the eastern stand casting a massive shadow on the roof.

I took it as a good omen and laughed at how it was innocently mocking the trained crow in the same way the natural 'never tear us apart' singing mocked the Crows chants.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Hahaha, I must have seen it when it was a fair way off still as it looked tiny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I've seen lyrics on screens tried at so many different sporting events and it never really seems to work, basically just looks tacky.

FWIW, the Newcastle Jets in the A-League have been playing NTUA prior to kick off for several years now and it's always seemed pretty cool to me. :thumbsu:

Yeah, I've seen lyrics on screens tried at so many different sporting events and it never really seems to work, basically just looks tacky.

FWIW, the Newcastle Jets in the A-League have been playing NTUA prior to kick off for several years now and it's always seemed pretty cool to me. :thumbsu:

Do they do it as the final minute countdown like the club did on Saturday??

They should play up to the drum roll (but stop it before it says 'We could live for a thousand years') then blow the siren.

EPIC

I see the Alberton Crowd are making a push for everyone to hold their scarves over their heads while NTUA plays this week. Been shared around on some other Port Adelaide supporter pages too.

I'll be doing it and belting the song out in my best Jimmy Barnes being held by the scrotum voice. Screeeeeeech!!!

10157181_696819857049849_5344556173374544769_n.jpg

No words on the big screen so you better learn them if you want to sing them. More scarves are to be produced and sold.

We could live
For a thousand years
But if I hurt you
I'd make wine from your tears

I told you
That we could fly
'Cause we all have wings
But some of us don't know why

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never ever tear us apart

Last edited:
Never tear us apart was awesome at the showdown. Bring it on I say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back