Roast Not Good Enough

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the margin not the loss that is as concerning.

Not too concerned really.. the margin is more about the opposing team RESPECTING NORTH because they're playing to WIN in that last Q and know that giving North a sniff is thwart with danger. So they're making sure they keep the foot on the throat. Wish North players can 'learn from that' because it's been a DAMN LONG time since North applied the same treatment on any opponent. Those last Q's have been telling but here's how I see it.

R1 Vs Adelaide 6.2 vs 0.5 (consider that the Crows put the cue in the rack in he pre-season game allowing North to rattle back)
R5 Vs Hawthorn 7.3 vs 3.2 (once again.. the pre-season win was a come from behind effort that put the Hawks on high alert that game)
R8 Vs Fremantle 4.2 vs 0.6 (scoring shots the same.. North were desperately undermanned.. Freo full strength)

I have more concerns with the opening Q as the GRIT isn't there.. as a team. No point a handful of players playing with sheer intensity whilst most of the others hang back and wait for the opposing team to finish their onslaught.

Haha well I wasn't one of the 4-4 is ok camp, maybe I should have tempered my expectations. I think our % is a better indicator of how we're going than 4-4.

Like I said I always hope and all is not lost but there's certainly some bad signs emerging. Time will tell Mr B.

I actually agree with you CBS, but the "Nek Minnit" meme was too good not to post.

I don't believe it is as bad as many make it out to be. The margins of our losses is the most disappointing part of the season, but I am happy with a 4-4 start with 2 winnable games in the next 2 weeks. If we lose 1 or both of these then I will be on my way to joining the "glass half empty" gang.

Once the bye has come and gone, with Wells, Dal and Swallow back in the team, our draw opens up beautifully and we should have a fair dinkum crack at the top 4. I still have hope.

I imagine that when the missing three return they'll probably be lacking some match fitness, so may be add on another week or two before they hit their straps. Daniel Wells, will he return, its an 'if ' and a big' if.' Top 2 should be the aim this year, otherwise there is the chance of an interstate final and we all know what will happen if we play a final interstate.(well that's what history tell us). Top 4 guarantees the safety net of losing the first final, but then there is no break and back to back finals. We are chasing our tails now.

We can't be pinning our hopes on a guy who has played five games in two years. The whole Wells/Dal Santo stuff is a big indicator that our next group hasn't stepped up to the plate sufficiently.

The club should be playing with an eye on the future , Petrie and Waite on current form have one more season left , maybe an extra one for Petrie if he goes down back . I wish I knew the clubs thoughts on Majak because to this point they have ignored his good form so far .
I'm sick of the same players being dropped or made sub every week while about 16 players play week in week out no matter how bad they are stinking it up . All season we have been beaten in centre clearances but the same players get to front up for the exact same result .
I want the club to face the facts of where our club really is at and if that means missing the finals this year then so be it , if we are going to make finals we need to beat some other contenders .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back