Not impressed

Remove this Banner Ad

why would i want to give them money. they treat there members like a walking ATM. i was a paid member for over 10 years and I couldnt get a single grand final ticket. pretty disgraceful how geelong treat there own members. highly recommend tearing up your membership
I'm not sure if you're just trolling, but in case you're not, why punish Geelong for something that's out of their control, and is set by the AFL? It's the AFL who decides how many tickets will be allocated to each club competing in the grand final, and this number is always much less than the number of members the club has.

Given that there will always be more members who want to attend than the tickets available, the only fair method for ticket allocation is a ballot. I missed out in the 2007 ballot, but I didn't chuck a huge hissy fit and tear up my membership, which would only deprive the club I support of money I know they need, for something that's not their fault.

And I was privileged to be there to see the 2009 and 2011 premiership wins, which I think any true supporter would want to witness. So my advice to anyone who really loves the Cats would be to hang in there, and keep supporting the club with a membership if you can afford to. It's worth it for the pleasure it brings!

This is like that time they tried to get people to pay to visit the training session.

Back from holiday yesterday to find letter stating I have until Friday 13 to cancel rollover. A week's notice would have been a little more reasonable.

Back from holiday yesterday to find letter stating I have until Friday 13 to cancel rollover. A week's notice would have been a little more reasonable.
Where you on rollover previously?

I have been for the last few years since I do they committed cats payments... so I just expect it to roll over.

But it seems like nearly everyone was just put on the auto rollover which does seem a bit off. Surely you should have to tick a box or do something at time of sign up to elect it to happen?

Where you on rollover previously?

I have been for the last few years since I do they committed cats payments... so I just expect it to roll over.

But it seems like nearly everyone was just put on the auto rollover which does seem a bit off. Surely you should have to tick a box or do something at time of sign up to elect it to happen?
I did tick the box so no major concerns. I just don't think the club shouldn't send a letter indicating that there is only a few days to cancel. Perhaps send the letter a couple of weeks earlier indicating rollover will occur on a particular date and state the cost to be charged.

I've got a question guys, with the direct debit thing.
Let's say you have a $260 membership.
Do they just take $5 each week?

I reckon that would be really smart if they did.
Everyone gets used to it. And people would think "meh, it's just $5"
I can understand how that would change for some if you have a family of 4.

And I'm sure the cats would like all cash up front.
But surely weekly cashflow isn't a bad thing.

I'm not sure if you're just trolling, but in case you're not, why punish Geelong for something that's out of their control, and is set by the AFL? It's the AFL who decides how many tickets will be allocated to each club competing in the grand final, and this number is always much less than the number of members the club has.

The non competing clubs all get a ticket allocation. If they wanted to they could all agree to hand them back for the competing clubs. But they won't because they scalp them for a few grand each. The AFL might dish more out to corporates but the clubs, including Geelong every year since 2011, are not blameless in the scenario either. Easy for you to say the ballot is fine when you got 2/3, people that got 0/3 will be a lot more unforgiving. I know I didn't bother with a membership after that.

There is a payment plan in place.

Can I pay my membership off over the season?

Our Payment Plan program, “Committed Cats” has been designed to make your membership renewal easier and more manageable.
The plan provides the option to spread your payment over 10 months*, commencing in November 2015 with the final payment due in September 2016. You can also make a one-off payment with both options, operating on an automatic “roll-over” at the end of each year.

As a Committed Cat your membership and will automatically be renewed each season until you choose to opt out.
*Dependent on the date your application is received by Membership Services

https://membership.geelongcats.com.au/faq

I used to pay it in one hit but when this option became available (a few years back from memory) I switched it over as it was simply more manageable.

I could never afford the whole thing in one hit... so the payments made it more viable for me.

Mine is 430 total... there are 10 payments. This year the first one was last Friday, then nothing in December... then the last 9 from Jan - Sep

Look I haven't bought a membership in years.
But there should be a huge tick box for you to accept a roll over for the following year.

If people buying a present are dumb enough to opt in then that's their fault.
If there's no such box then it's the clubs fault.

Note, I don't know which clubs membership it was.
Ken oath.

Sure it is efficient for the club to railroad everyone into automatically renewing and being billed each year, but * that, why can't I just renew for 2016 online?

They've taken away the preferred option for probably many members to renew. Well they can jam it, I'll wait until the last minute to renew now.

Ahhhh the havoc it causes. Lucky I live 3hrs from Geelong and the 3 game Melbourne membership is my only viable option, $90 ain't bad at all. Is up from 70-75, 3 years back though. #uncommitedcat? #freeloader?
Thought it was 80 last year…

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back