Rumour Not the best career move perhaps

Remove this Banner Ad

ChesterTreasure

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Interesting article by Crackers Keenan today inferring that one of the recently sacked AFL coaches may have been doing the old "Ricky Quade" which may have partly contributed to his ultimate demise.

Just throwing s**t I am, but yes Keenan would have contacts and it is possible, but he's still a knob. Just big noting himself really by writing vague stuff like that.

You can just about rule out McCartney. Ugly little man.

Is it wrong for me to speculate that out of the 3 most recently sacked head coaches, Sando is the main one that would be able to woo a players girl? McKenna and McCartney are hardly catches...

Not that I'm saying this means anything. Do enjoy joining Crackers in a good s**t-slinging session though

It's interesting that all three left due to supposed player unrest - my money's north of the border though and it wasn't anything to do with God bothering.

Quade = Carey
Barry Round? = Stevens

In the 80s.

Quade got a whack I think from Round and then resigned due to 'illness'
Or rather resigned due to the potential illness he may have picked up on the training track if he stuck around !!!

Is it wrong for me to speculate that out of the 3 most recently sacked head coaches, Sando is the main one that would be able to woo a players girl? McKenna and McCartney are hardly catches...

Not that I'm saying this means anything. Do enjoy joining Crackers in a good s**t-slinging session though
Lol if it was Sando. It seems to be the Geelong way now with Christensen sleeping with Lonergans wife hence he leaving or so they say

Lol if it was Sando. It seems to be the Geelong way now with Christensen sleeping with Lonergans wife hence he leaving or so they say

Can't believe people are still trying to give that one legs. Total internet rubbish.

You really think Geelong's players and coaches would have held an intervention to convince him to stay if that was the case?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe people are still trying to give that one legs. Total internet rubbish.

You really think Geelong's players and coaches would have held an intervention to convince him to stay if that was the case?
Yes.

Only once he left did Lonergan sign a new deal extending his own stay.

Geelong held an 'intervention' re Christensen? What do you mean by that, and do you have any evidence? I am not trying to add weight to the Longeran nonsense, but most of the comments I have read on Big Footy seem to indicate Geelong didn't intervene much, if at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back