Rumour Not the best career move perhaps

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard something similar to this, albeit it's second-hand information but I was told by someone who in-turn was told by someone higher up in Essendon. Seems Bomber turned up at a club function a little worse-for-wear, if you catch my blatantly obvious drift, which was apparently the 'final straw.'
I have also heard he is a charlie addict.

Not from inside info or anything credible.

Can't believe people are still trying to give that one legs. Total internet rubbish.

You really think Geelong's players and coaches would have held an intervention to convince him to stay if that was the case?

You are right. Plenty of rumours about Cats and Bundy + Domsy but that one is total crap.

There is fire causing the smoke on several of them but not this one.

GO Catters

It would explain his strange behaviour when he's been interviewed/in general.
It would also explain Caros constant comments about his "increasingly erratic behaviour" (another explanation is that Caro is a campaigner who would do anything to undermine the EFC).

Could be total bravo sierra, but I have heard the rumour.

Every club would have "a bit of a culture" based on a law of lifestyle and averages. But don't try and imply it was the Eagles simply unlucky to be found out. That's just untrue.
During the early to mid 00s absolutely every club had an issue with it, just the Eagles took it too a different level with the numbers involved and some of those becoming involved with bikie gangs.

Was pretty rife at Hawthorn too, just they managed to keep it out of the press.

During the early to mid 00s absolutely every club had an issue with it, just the Eagles took it too a different level with the numbers involved and some of those becoming involved with bikie gangs.

Exaxtly. I clearly said that the Eagles took it further than the Crows, but to say it was just a fringe thing at the crows at that time too is naive.

Who was involved at Hawthorn, out of interest?

Who was involved at Hawthorn, out of interest?
Probably the bloke at Greylands.

You could say every club still has an issue though. That's the nature of 45 young men, usually lower middle class, making stupid money and having every afternoon off. Drugs exist and plenty of people will naturally become addicted or be unsuited to the lifestyle. But not many clubs end up with a third of a playing list being caught with pills, flatlining, in and out of mental health houses, estranged from their parents, threatening to set alight houses...

Exaxtly. I clearly said that the Eagles took it further than the Crows, but to say it was just a fringe thing at the crows at that time too is naive.

A well-heeled mate of mine who was amongst the Charlie scene told me that he'd seen a few crows boys partaking. I was a little naive about this stuff 5 so so years ago, so I didn't believe him at all.

A well-heeled mate of mine who was amongst the Charlie scene told me that he'd seen a few crows boys partaking. I was a little naive about this stuff 5 so so years ago, so I didn't believe him at all.

Its not exactly a secret here in Adelaide.

Remember when Dale Lewis came out about it late 00s and he got absolutely howled down?

Sounds like he was bang on.

Anyone else notice a change in last few years, players being seen and allowed to be drinking alcohol during the season? Reckon it's a good thing personally.

They need to let off steam and that's the best way to do it. Clubs demanding no drinking during season (before finals I can understand) are asking for trouble imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what do men drink when they sit around gossiping? is beer okay or do you have to buy some pink vodka cruisers to suit the occasion

Which do you think is sadder: men sitting around 'gossiping' or you having nothing better to do than complain about men gossiping?

It's the rumours board. If this 'gossiping' offends you so badly, move to another board. Don't post purely to be seen - you're not that interesting.

Which do you think is sadder: men sitting around 'gossiping' or you having nothing better to do than complain about men gossiping?

It's the rumours board. If this 'gossiping' offends you so badly, move to another board. Don't post purely to be seen - you're not that interesting.
Well said.
When you consider that two of the top ten AFL scandals of all time were the Carey v Stevens and the Quade v Round confrontations which both threatened to tear respective clubs apart, this is an issue that is worth discussion.

Sanderson's job loss seemed the most suspicious from the outside. Have heard that despite his look McKenna is quite the pants man.

I've seen (and heard) that quite a few times in the past.

Every club would have "a bit of a culture" based on a law of lifestyle and averages. But don't try and imply it was the Eagles simply unlucky to be found out. That's just untrue.
Where did he imply that? Long bow methinks.

A well-heeled mate of mine who was amongst the Charlie scene told me that he'd seen a few crows boys partaking.
I was a little naive about this stuff 5 so so years ago, so I didn't believe him at all.

Just Adelaide players? :)

There wouldn't be a club that wouldn't have at least a handful of players that didn't do a bit of blow every now and then............not one.

One former crows player who now runs around for the Deeeeeees. Very well known is his love for a big night.

With teammate's sheilas?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back