Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waylen is one that just strikes as having the talent though. Same with the couple of blokes who haven't played much footy, because the three of them have the most untapped potential, with the other blokes, what you see is what you're gonna get.
There's that ugly phrase, "untapped potential". How about Zeph Skinner? Liam Jurrah? Countless other players that just "have the talent" but for one reason or another, don't make it in the AFL. And it may sound stereotypical, but it is a trend that it is generally indigenous players that have natural talent, but due to homesickness and the intense rigors of professional football, they just don't make it.

There's that ugly phrase, "untapped potential". How about Zeph Skinner? Liam Jurrah? Countless other players that just "have the talent" but for one reason or another, don't make it in the AFL. And it may sound stereotypical, but it is a trend that it is generally indigenous players that have natural talent, but due to homesickness and the intense rigors of professional football, they just don't make it.
Yeah, I get your point, he's clearly a long way off proving himself, and there is a lot of zeph skinner about him, but he's one recruiters would keep an eye on.
There's a reason he's been kept on the show despite his actual perfomances lacking compared to more seasoned mature footballers.

Just picked up an indigenous guernsey signed by Koby, Liam Jones and Goodesy at a charity auction for $150. Pretty happy with that. Just gotta get it framed.
I was really keen on getting a #25 indigenous guernsey and taking it down for the indigenous boys to sign.

Couldn't justify spending the money though, had just bought a Honeychurch name jumper :cool:

Post a photo when you get it framed, great piece of memorabilia!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know if you can still get the named jumpers anywhere?
I think you can get them heat pressed on at the AFL Store/at the Whitten Oval, but I wouldn't quote me on it.

Ship's sailed on the sublimated ones though, until the next promotion if there is one.

Vossy's got them jumping outta choppers over the water and paddling 2KM back to shore

Then carrying the boats with someone in them 1KM down the beach

Waylan struggling again

Johncock and Smith are both complete campaigners and I'll be happy to see them gone.

Waylon's just not going to make it, too much of a cultural barrier.

I am good mates with someone who's brother is on the show. So obviously I am supporting them all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back