Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
-1997 was the first year to have WB as the trading name, targeting the western Melbourne suburbs rather than solely Footscray and grow the baseline of our supporters. (but we are still Footscray as the name of the club behind the trading name)
-We would never change back I'd wager now after 14 odd years despite what some might want it too. Our VFL standalone is enjoying the Footscray name along with the revert of our older jumper in both AFL and VFL and ''Footscray End'' at our home games Ethiad. So this isn't like Brisbane disrespecting Fiztory.
-It won't change from Western Bulldogs either.
Cheers for that.

North Albury coach Jason Akermanis is the subject of a landmark complaint for breaching the AFL Victoria cyber safety policy.

The complaint against the triple Brisbane premiership player and Brownlow medallist has been lodged with the Ovens and Murray Football-Netball League, which is expected to announce an investigation next week.

AFL North East Border has made the complaint after its umpire development manager Mark Bywater was the alleged target of repeated abuse from Akermanis.

AFL North East Border regional manager John O'Donohue confirmed the complaint was sent to the O and M this week.

The cyber safety policy was introduced three years ago, with no person from the North East utilising the policy to date.

If charges are laid they would be heard by the O and M independent tribunal.

The complaint alleges Akermanis sent repeated text messages and emails to Mr Bywater this season complaining about umpiring issues.

It is also alleged Akermanis sent videos of himself critiquing matches in which he highlighted umpiring decisions he felt were wrong.

AFL North East Border doesn't have the power to launch investigations and referred the matter to the O and M.

Mr O'Donohue said Akermanis and the Hoppers were warned about the alleged behaviour

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/jason-akermanis-investigated-for-cyber-bullying-under-afl-policy-20140823-107jcn.html#ixzz3BB7j2wER

When will Aker ever learn?? Harassing umpire bosses now....

It is also alleged Akermanis sent videos of himself critiquing matches in which he highlighted umpiring decisions he felt were wrong.
Just... Why? What does this achieve?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/guernsey-sales-and-top-selling-number/story-fndv7pj3-1227034274337
GUERNSEY SALES AND TOP-SELLING NUMBER:

1. ESSENDON
#4 Jobe Watson

2. COLLINGWOOD
#10 Scott Pendlebury

3. HAWTHORN
#33 Cyril Rioli

4. SYDNEY
#23 Lance Franklin

5. ADELAIDE
# 32 Patrick Dangerfield

6. CARLTON
#3 Marc Murphy

7. RICHMOND
#9 Trent Cotchin

8. GEELONG
#14 Joel Selwood

9. PORT POWER
# 20 Chad Wingard

10. WEST COAST EAGLES
#9 Nic Natanui

11. FREMANTLE
#19 Matthew Pavlich

12. NORTH MELBOURNE
#29 Brent Harvey

13. BRISBANE LIONS
#16 Jonathan Brown

14. ST KILDA
#7 Lenny Hayes

15. GOLD COAST SUNS
#9 Gary Ablett

16. MELBOURNE
#2 Nathan Jones

17. WESTERN BULLDOGS
#6 Luke Dahlhaus

18. GWS GIANTS
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/guernsey-sales-and-top-selling-number/story-fndv7pj3-1227034274337

:(

"The red sash is famous throughout the world" - christ, they really are on good stuff down at Tullamarine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't want to post this in the match autopsy thread because it's more of a whinge/vent.

I never expected to win or even come close today against the Swans.
We arn't yet in the ball park of being good enough. Although it's not the reason we lost, Steve Wonder could see the playing field is not an even one. The AFL signs up to the WADA code of which the charter is to 'even the playing field' by preventing the use of performance enhancing drugs, yet the AFLs own policies and practices with regard to concessions given to certain teams unlevel the playing field.

I've loved this game and club all my life yet the AFL as an organisation have lost ALL my respect; all the back room deals, the essendon debarkle, the fixturing, the expansion clubs, the concessions given, the patronising from the media (namely channel 7), umpiring that favours players who are seen as greats of the game (Selwood, Goodes, Ablett). Sorry AFL but you are a joke off an organisation and have too many people fooled. You will kill our great club which is a true community organisation, your's is a soulless business just looking after the bottom line.

I could say so much more but I know the AFL aren't listening so what's the point
Vent over.

Went to a hypnotist/comedy show last night - ended up on stage as one of the subjects. Strangely it worked. He had me forgetting my name, thinking my name was the number four, and doing a partial striptease in front of a room of about 80 people I didn't know.

Bizzare Gazzard is the hypnotist. He's down to do the Bulldogs' mad monday this year (he's done it in the past, said Dale Morris has teed him up this year). Should be a ripper.

There's a great hypnotist that has a show at our local Six Flags theme park during October for Fright Fest. I used to go every year. Her earlier-in-the-day shows were rated G, but her late show was recommended for adults only. I usually was in fits of laughter watching the guys do striptease. Usually she chose a few "hefty" guys in the audience. She was very careful not to go too far since it's a family park, but she certainly tested the limits. One of my favourites was when the "victims" were supposed to smell a horrendous odor coming from the person next to them. My nephew volunteered once, but he couldn't be hypnotised. No way would I ever try. I make enough of an arse of myself when fully conscious.:p

Rockford, I think you have hit the nail on the head. AFL is a business far removed from what I grew up loving. Best head down to the local footy, more likely to see a spec cry or a bloke kick a bag of goals.

Didn't want to post this in the match autopsy thread because it's more of a whinge/vent.

I never expected to win or even come close today against the Swans.
We arn't yet in the ball park of being good enough. Although it's not the reason we lost, Steve Wonder could see the playing field is not an even one. The AFL signs up to the WADA code of which the charter is to 'even the playing field' by preventing the use of performance enhancing drugs, yet the AFLs own policies and practices with regard to concessions given to certain teams unlevel the playing field

I've loved this game and club all my life yet the AFL as an organisation have lost ALL my respect; all the back room deals, the essendon debarkle, the fixturing, the expansion clubs, the concessions given, the patronising from the media (namely channel 7), umpiring that favours players who are seen as greats of the game (Selwood, Goodes, Ablett). Sorry AFL but you are a joke off an organisation and have too many people fooled. You will kill our great club which is a true community organisation, your's is a soulless business just looking after the bottom line.

I could say so much more but I know the AFL aren't listening so what's the point
Vent over.

Went to a hypnotist/comedy show last night - ended up on stage as one of the subjects. Strangely it worked. He had me forgetting my name, thinking my name was the number four, and doing a partial striptease in front of a room of about 80 people I didn't know.

Bizzare Gazzard is the hypnotist. He's down to do the Bulldogs' mad monday this year (he's done it in the past, said Dale Morris has teed him up this year). Should be a ripper.
Delusions of Bontempillism can occur spontaneously too. Mark Austin had a brief (but disastrous) experience of it in the first quarter on Sunday.

Anyway, can they get this Gazzard bloke down to the club a week earlier and convince Dahl and Boyd to kick to WB players? That would be a ripper, too.

Can he get them to believe they just won the flag.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what's happening with rumours around the AFL but here's an update on what's been reported up here regarding the supplement scandal:

A bunch of Cronulla NRL players who were issued show cause have done a deal whereby they plead guilty (and implicitly accept that they will forever be called drug cheats even though they say they didn't know the stuff was illegal). In return they receive a backdated ban (1 year?) and are available to return to full competition and training from some time in November. In effect they miss only three rounds of the 2014 season!

At the same time the newly appointed ASADA chief Ben McDevitt has admitted that ASADA was ill-equipped to deal with a drug investigation of this scale. He said he thinks no national drug enforcement body would have been suitably equipped. This is all sounding like an attempt / instruction to put an end to the sorry saga, of which the general public seems to be getting weary.

When asked if similar bans might be imposed on AFL players who plead guilty McDevitt said he didn't want to pre-empt the findings of Justice Middleton (the judge hearing Essendon's case). Those findings are due out in a week or two (exquisite timing!) However reading between the lines I think he's saying this slap-with-a-feather might also be available to AFL players.

McDevitt also says that if most of the stuff they allege is true, Stephen Dank should never be allowed near a sports club or sporting stadium for the rest of his life. While I don't disagree with that statement I read it as an attempt at blame-shifting so that Dank becomes the evil one and administrations like Essendon's become hapless and innocent victims of his machinations. The public, who are so well drilled in simple black-and-white, good-guys-vs-evil-mastermind stories from Hollywood, might just go along with that.

The Federal Government is dressing the whole affair up as an attempt to divert media attention from the Craig Thompson scandal early last year. Meanwhile some members of the Australian swimming team and a weightlifter are quoted as being outraged that NRL (and maybe AFL?) seems to be operating under a different drug control regime to Olympic sports. They feel badly let down when they have undergone endless testing and been meticulous with their diet, treatments and training for years and years.

So what we would be left with could be:
  • incredibly light penalties on players considering there is meant to be a mandatory 2-year penalty (not that I think they deserve heavy ones)
  • serious undermining of the tough-talking no-drugs-in-sport regime that we've all swallowed for the last decade or two
  • ASADA effectively emasculated and with almost no credibility - what serious role would it have to play in any major future investigation?
  • victory for the lawyers and private deals/plea bargains
  • Essendon and Cronulla administrations and officials largely off the hook
  • international queries over Australia's anti-drugs credentials and commitment
  • AFL and NRL tainted with allegations of inappropriate interference and/or incompetence
  • Lingering suspicions about future potential for drugs usage in AFL and NRL, if most of this is swept under the carpet
Once the AFL side of this saga is closed (probably in the next couple of months) I suspect there will be some further stories leaking out about international concerns and also from whistleblowers in ASADA or other sports-related bodies who have become disillusioned with the whole mess and want to set the story straight. That will be fun.

One small piece of good news for us is that - even if he's guilty - we may not lose Crameri for more than a few games, and perhaps only for part of the off-season.

As I was perusing the Bulldogs web page I wandered on to the videos page. There I found a video listed under the title "Sorry Buddy, Dale won't f... that. So I immediately had a WTF... moment and had to click to see what was going on there. It turns out that when you open the page for the video you find that the full title is "Sorry Buddy, Dale won't fall for that." They really had me going there for a minute with the abbreviated title. I guess I just f...that.

As I was perusing the Bulldogs web page I wandered on to the videos page. There I found a video listed under the title "Sorry Buddy, Dale won't f... that. So I immediately had a WTF... moment and had to click to see what was going on there. It turns out that when you open the page for the video you find that the full title is "Sorry Buddy, Dale won't fall for that." They really had me going there for a minute with the abbreviated title. I guess I just f...that.
Jesinta Campbell might not be Moz's type, I guess. ;)

This is pretty cool. Inside 50 kick landing zones.

BwF7OzQCIAAs2En.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back