Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay heard some scuttlebutt at the game today. I don't really believe it but the person who told me it was adamant that they got the info from a club official.
Firstly, apparently Minson and Koby Stevens had a pretty big and physical fight in the rooms towards the end of the year and when instructed by the coach to kiss and make up Wil politely informed the coach that he doesn't ever want to be in the same room as Mr Stevens.

Secondly, apparently one of our younger players is gay and being given a tough time of it from some of his teammates. I won't give a name as it's incredibly stupid and insensitive to out a player on a public forum and it's beside the issue anyway.

As I said its hopefully not true but thought it would be of interest to some on here.

The player dust up is not good, but not exactly new football wide. every team has players that don't like each other, they will sort s**t out, or they wont, but if they are professional, they will let it be.

The more concerning is the gay part. The PC s**t storm that will come down on our club from holier then thou media egg heads trying to win points with select communities will be horrendous. They need to sort that s**t in house and keep it that way.

Okay heard some scuttlebutt at the game today. I don't really believe it but the person who told me it was adamant that they got the info from a club official.
Firstly, apparently Minson and Koby Stevens had a pretty big and physical fight in the rooms towards the end of the year and when instructed by the coach to kiss and make up Wil politely informed the coach that he doesn't ever want to be in the same room as Mr Stevens.

Secondly, apparently one of our younger players is gay and being given a tough time of it from some of his teammates. I won't give a name as it's incredibly stupid and insensitive to out a player on a public forum and it's beside the issue anyway.

As I said its hopefully not true but thought it would be of interest to some on here.

I'll be down right pissed if that's true, I think better of our players than that.

It's Honeychurch. Have you seen that hair?

In all seriousness, that's not a good look. Surely Macca knows about this and would put a stop to it? He seems like the kind of guy who would be absolutely filthy when hearing something like this and would be brutal to the other guys about it. Really disappointing if true.

I'll be down right pissed if that's true, I think better of our players than that.
Yep the fight doesn't worry me one bit. Macleod and "whatshisface" played 200 odd games with each other.
The other rumour angers and sickens me. Our players should be better than that. It's 2014 FFS.
I hope they're both wrong but the second more than the first.

If true, then it's irresponsible of the "club official" to be passing on that information, especially the second rumour :(

If true, then it's irresponsible of the "club official" to be passing on that information, especially the second rumour :(

Agreed, that's the sort of stuff you don't share with people, no matter how much you trust someone.

Would be disappointed if the latter one was true, as I would have thought that our players would be one of the most accepting groups in the AFL. Wouldn't care if we have a gay player on our team, doesn't define them in any way. Would happily have them on my team anytime, its all about how they play and what they do on the field that should define a player, nothing else :)

Its pretty amusing to me that a head sail emblazoned with a bulldogs logo would be on a yacht named dream-catcher.
10693596_303289306522729_1768141162_n.jpg

Last edited:

Looking pretty cosy here.
tJqfde3.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tJqfde3.png
What you can't see in the photo is Minson is gritting his teeth, and behind Stevens is holding a rolled up form guide which he intends to beat Koby over the head with

Since I brought up Koby, I always wanted to say 'Koby For Three, On the Buzzer' but our sport simply doesn't allow that :p

tJqfde3.png
Well there you go. Either it's all bullshit or they kissed and made up. Either way I'm happy.

Also between super Griff, casual smile and beer Picken, and greatest man in the world Gia we have our fair share of posers down at the dogs.

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere but Monty and Steven King both won awards at the AFLCA awards tonight: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-23/horse-wins-photo-finish

Assistant Coach of the Year Award: Brett Montgomery (Western Bulldogs)
Career and Development Award: Steven King (Western Bulldogs)

Congrats to them both and good to see our admin getting some league-wide recognition.

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere but Monty and Steven King both won awards at the AFLCA awards tonight: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-23/horse-wins-photo-finish

Assistant Coach of the Year Award: Brett Montgomery (Western Bulldogs)
Career and Development Award: Steven King (Western Bulldogs)

Congrats to them both and good to see our admin getting some league-wide recognition.
But there are people on this board who have never been in a coaches box who want these guys sacked and sacked immediately. Surely they know more than the coaches association. Like they're experts or something.

Sliding Doors: Western BulldogsGuy McKenna isn't safe......Brendan McCartney isn't safe.

Wow. Insightful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back