Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
foghorn-leghorn-single-shot.jpg

Three years ago, Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre were talking about the digital music revolution and what went wrong. Though technology had made music more accessible the sound had suffered. People weren’t hearing it the same way the artists intended… bla bla bla I’m a marketing director and I’d like to pole myself up the arse bla bla bla cut a long story short and Beats headphones were born!

And now I’ve finally got some (nicked them off the Mother-In-Law as she hadn’t taken them out of the box for two years) so I thought I had better give the anonymous session muso’s who recorded our magnificent theme song their due an listen to the song as they intended. Pretty sure it wasn’t supposed to be the hoarse, tuneless mess yelled by fraught and overly emotional supporters that I’m used to.

And what a delight it was! What a finely nuanced and layered song, like a musical lasagne. Turns out, it’s not just 5 blokes shouting and a trumpeter. The song also features:

- At least 4 different types of brass, duelling throughout

- A sort of music hall piano riff that floats along in the background, stoking the song with cheer

- A base line! (for those that haven’t heard it it goes ‘dum da-dum da-dum da di di di’ (repeat)

- On the first mention of the word roar, they have a sound effect that I think is supposed to be a roar, but sounds like one of those painful burps that rips out when you’re not expecting

- The exact same soaring harmony on the last ‘West’ as the Pet Shop Boys used in ‘Go West’ (not sure which came first)

I highly recommend you give it a listen!

I notice that "craft" is no longer part of the Bulldog narrative. That's crafty. Boydy slipped up though when he said that he was learning things about back play because as we all know players come ready made into AFL footy and don't need to learn or be taught anything.

How do I go about reserving a ticket for the Richmond game? Is it in the doggies site somewhere and I'm just blind?

It's a bit creepy to be honest. I think it's the whole Bulldogs head on a human body... with fur.... thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys,

Recently relocated interstate. Any tips of the best way to watch the NAB Challenge and Season proper (preferably not on a device)?

Hi Guys,

Recently relocated interstate. Any tips of the best way to watch the NAB Challenge and Season proper (preferably not on a device)?
Fox Footy?

I should have specified - online.
I think you can buy a pass and watch the games on the AFL website. If you're on a laptop or PC, you just need an el cheapo HDMI cable and you can watch it on the big screen.

I'm not 100% sure on that, though. I have a couple of memberships so I'm usually attending games anyway.

Am not sure which thread to post this in, as it's not specifically a bf problem, but when trying to view vids on the wbulldogs or afl website, i continually get a message that says "the selected item is not currently available". Have updated my flash player, am using firefox and didn't have this prob until a couple of wks ago. Just wondering if anyone knows if there is some setting I need to change or...?? Thanks for any help.... couldn't find a thread related to this, apologies if this has already been answered somewhere.....

Am not sure which thread to post this in, as it's not specifically a bf problem, but when trying to view vids on the wbulldogs or afl website, i continually get a message that says "the selected item is not currently available". Have updated my flash player, am using firefox and didn't have this prob until a couple of wks ago. Just wondering if anyone knows if there is some setting I need to change or...?? Thanks for any help.... couldn't find a thread related to this, apologies if this has already been answered somewhere.....
It has come up before - can't remember if there was a firm diagnosis.
I regularly have this problem whether using Firefox or Chrome. I just refresh the page until it works. A bit frustrating but usually only have to refresh 2-3 times.

I can usually tell when it's going to work because I first get a still of the vid (with a superimposed play button) for a second or two and then it goes back to black before auto-starting with the Barking Bulldog intro. If I don't get that still, I am almost certain it will fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back