Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asked my 4 year old nephew last night who his favourite AFL player was out of all of the players there is.
His mum goes for North and his dad goes for Geelong.

His answer... "Bont".
He deserves to receive a red white and blue beanie from his favourite uncle :p. With a 4 on it.

El Scraggo and his new tag team partner... I am offering up the opportunity for BigFooty posters to come up with his luchador name.
CK37rp5UYAAmyfS.jpg

Does anyone know when the rd 23 floating fixture is announced? Might go to Brissy for the weekend but a bit cautious on booking Sunday flights home.

Just heard a good quote on 774 - "hanging onto anger and resentment is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies".*

* N Riewoldt excepted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know when the rd 23 floating fixture is announced? Might go to Brissy for the weekend but a bit cautious on booking Sunday flights home.

Last year it come out at the end of Round 18. It may be a week later this year with it being so close for positions in the 8.
We are a fair bet to play on Sunday in Rnd 23, although it should be the early game so that they can get back to Melbourne on Sunday.

Last year it come out at the end of Round 18. It may be a week later this year with it being so close for positions in the 8.
We are a fair bet to play on Sunday in Rnd 23, although it should be the early game so that they can get back to Melbourne on Sunday.
I'll be pretty pissed off if we - or any finals side playing interstate - have to play on the Sunday.

I'll be pretty pissed off if we - or any finals side playing interstate - have to play on the Sunday.

Yep should be a 2 match sunday Collingwood v Essendon and GWS v Melbourne that way no finals teams affected

It would be really poor form from the AFL to give us a sunday game in round 23. They're currently looking at playing one game on friday, six on saturday and two on sunday.

If we beat essendon this week (likely), we'll be sitting at 11-6, and probably in 5th position. A team in 5th should not have to play late in round 23 and have to travel home from brisbane. Meanwhile, Collingwood will probably be 9-8 and on the fringes of the 8, and they play essendon in round 23 (clearly not playing finals) in melbourne, so collingwood wouldn't have to travel home. This game has to be played on Sunday if the competition has any sense of fairness.

Then there only needs to be one other sunday game. Melbourne vs GWS is in melbourne, so GWS wouldn't have to travel as far as us, and they will probably be outside the 8 after round 18, so this is a better option than our game. Richmond and north also play in melbourne, and both will probably be below us on the ladder after round 18. Even geelong vs adelaide is a better option than our game for sunday, as adelaide doesn't travel as far and they're below us on the ladder. West coast, sydney and hawthorn all play at home, so their games could potentially be options for sunday. Effectively, the only game with a better claim to be "not sunday" than ours is port vs freo.

Yep should be a 2 match sunday Collingwood v Essendon and GWS v Melbourne that way no finals teams affected
GWS are playing interstate, so this could be slightly unfair on them- but giving us sunday would be far more unfair.

GWS are playing interstate, so this could be slightly unfair on them- but giving us sunday would be far more unfair.

Highly doubt GWS will be playing finals, will have to win all the easy games as well as beat one of Sydney/Freo away/Port away

Highly doubt GWS will be playing finals, will have to win all the easy games as well as beat one of Sydney/Freo away/Port away
Yep, but port could pack up for the season and send blokes off for surgery quite soon and the sydney game is winnable. FWIW, champion data rates GWS as a 52% chance of playing finals. That is higher than what I would've thought as well (I would've thought about 30%), but they're the experts.

Apparently we'll find out after Rd 19. You'd think the Sunday would be unlikely, but this is the AFL we're talking about!

Let's hope Geelong and Adelaide don't make it either pushing them into a Sunday slot otherwise I can see us being the only finals team playing on Sunday....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back