regards
Stephen

Just wondering. Can some kind supporter just give an update
1) Have not heard a lot from David Stevo our CEO
2) What is happening with Cordy our fitness guru. ie Have we got rid of him
cheers
regards
Stephen
Stevenson started earlier in the month, but no, we haven't heard a lot about him. I'll have a look around for any radio content, but I'm sure we haven't heard a peep out of him since he commenced full time duties.

As for Cordy, he has agreed to join the Gold Coast Suns, and will head up there at the end of the season. In the meantime, he's taken a back seat with former first class cricketer Mat Inness taking on the full time role in his stead.

Stevenson started earlier in the month, but no, we haven't heard a lot about him. I'll have a look around for any radio content, but I'm sure we haven't heard a peep out of him since he commenced full time duties.

As for Cordy, he has agreed to join the Gold Coast Suns, and will head up there at the end of the season. In the meantime, he's taken a back seat with former first class cricketer Mat Inness taking on the full time role in his stead.
Chrs THB
Great upload_2015-8-14_19-10-20.jpeg

I'd be surprised if Stevo's first big challenge wasn't to help sort out the Edgewater mess. If he only arrived a few weeks ago that would have kept him busy full time on its own.

Also if it was me, I'd be wanting to roll the sleeves up and get a few runs on the board before hitting the press conferences.

Not surprised we haven't heard much from him, but not worried either.

Womens game not worth a thread? We don't look like scoring at the moment. Melbourne always seem to belt us in these.

I'll be writing a formal complaint to Etihad and the Club tonight after being asked to remove my flags from level 3 today. They have been displayed at every home game and pre season game this year without any controversy and today we had an aggressive goon from ACG demand we take them down because "they are not allowed." Furious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be writing a formal complaint to Etihad and the Club tonight after being asked to remove my flags from level 3 today. They have been displayed at every home game and pre season game this year without any controversy and today we had an aggressive goon from ACG demand we take them down because "they are not allowed." Furious.

those banners never cover advertising boards anyway do they? can't understand why they wouldnt be allowed.

Sadly a good portion of opposition fans are extremely short sighted and unable to really give much thought to football matters beyond what pub they're going to go to after their next home match.

The whole 'flat track bully' thing makes me laugh. They use the term like we're a team that's as old as Geelong and has reached its peak, that the best we'll ever be is a side that can beat up on the bad, young teams. They refuse to actually think about it, refusing to acknowledge/realise one key point: The inexperience/youth of this list.

"Hurr they can smash the Bombers/Dees/Port bcuz there flat track bullys and those sides r young and rebuilding" (I'd wager that that's a quote that exists somewhere on the main board)

But...Aren't we younger than even Melbourne, or close to it? Is that of no significance? Yes, smashing the teams mentioned is not quite akin to winning the premiership. But here's the thing: We were meant to be just like Melbourne, just like the Saints, just like Brisbane. Bad. We were meant to be bottom 4. So let's say we're 4th on the ladder purely because of our "soft" draw...Doesn't it mean anything that not only are we 80 odd points a better side than some of the bottom teams (that we were supposed to be like), but have claimed more top 8 scalps than Sydney or Richmond? And of course they won't bring up missing our best player for the entire season.

There's some valid concerns surrounding the Dogs, but pretty much all of them can be explained. If we lose all remaining games...the list is young and probably fatigued, and besides, we've already surpassed expectations by a fair margin. Struggled against Geelong? We took our inexperienced list down to SS and the old, but still very good Geelong backline generals took control of the game. And the classic "they'll just be the next Port". Is that a thing now? Port having one bad season now makes them the standard for teams that shoot up the ladder? We'll get a tougher draw next season...But a whole lot our list, by way of their age, still has developing to do, and there's a Libba to add. So the inevitably tougher draw should be offset by both of those factors.

Anyway that's my rant on some of that nonsense. Of course our season isn't excepted from being criticised, but there's a difference between fair criticism and agenda pushing. Some other fans, evidently those with not much between the ears, fail to see this. The wide spread inability to really think about the context surrounding the season of a particular club annoys me. I mean, I get having a particular anti-[insert club] bias can be a fun part of following football for some, but geeeeez. This...This is why of my 500 odd posts almost all of them are just on this board.

The jealousy of opposition supporters is getting stronger and stronger:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-clubs-the-bulldogs-have-beaten-since-round-6.1108205/

Am I the only one that enjoys basking in this thick layer of envy? It's particularly delicious when it's coming from Melbourne & St Kilda supporters.
That thread: "Who have the bulldogs beaten if we don't count any of their games against teams sitting between 2nd and 8th on the ladder? See, all of their other wins have been against bottom ten teams: proof that they've beaten nobody!" :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back