(Not Your Typical) Auction Game [Bidding Thread]

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Only just noticing this now.
But by my understanding my Swan bid of 540K was 20% increase and valid bid.
The last valid bid before 9.50 pm was 450K

i.e 9-49 pm posting
Dane Swan - 450k

9.51 pm post by

9.52 pm
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-bidding-thread.1080788/page-25#post-35940072

I now see there was a bid put in by you of 505K however that was after 9-50 and in fact not valid because short of 20% increase. Your bid needed to be 540 K itself to be valid. Not 505K.

Yet after my bid of 540 K I read later

in response to my bid.

Meaning nothing wrong with my bid at all.
Maybe our times are not all synchronised exactly and you thought your bid was before the last 10 minutes but it seems not. Anyway, I not fussed but it would help to know on future bids how it works if any of us bid and to best of your knowledge your own bid valid but someone else bids in similar time of posting.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Only just noticing this now.
But by my understanding my Swan bid of 540K was 20% increase and valid bid.
The last valid bid before 9.50 pm was 450K

I now see there was a bid put in by you of 505K however that was after 9-50 and in fact not valid because short of 20% increase. Your bid needed to be 540 K itself to be valid. Not 505K.
Meaning nothing wrong with my bid at all.
Maybe our times are not all synchronised exactly and you thought your bid was before the last 10 minutes but it seems not. Anyway, I not fussed but it would help to know on future bids how it works if any of us bid and to best of your knowledge your own bid valid but someone else bids in similar time of posting.
the bid of 505k was over 20%

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Anyway, upshot is not really fussed on Swan. You can have him at 505 K and I will consider my bid did not happen even though it was perfectly fine to best of my understanding. I think what happened is DiT had a bid of 420 for Swan. You thought your 505 K bid was 20% increase on his bid but what you did not realize is reggie had a valid bid of 450K before the last 10 minutes. So you thought my bid was invalid. With the 10% rule changed to 20% and 8pm to 10pm all within 24 hours I'm not surprised at the confusion..lol...
I let Swan bid slide and put my bidding funds into other mids

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyway, upshot is not really fussed on Swan. You can have him at 505 K and I will consider my bid did not happen even though it was perfectly fine to best of my understanding. I think what happened is DiT had a bid of 420 for Swan. You thought your 505 K bid was 20% increase on his bid but what you did not realize is reggie had a valid bid of 450K before the last 10 minutes. So you thought my bid was invalid. With the 10% rule changed to 20% and 8pm to 10pm all within 24 hours I'm not surprised at the confusion..lol...
I let Swan bid slide and put my bidding funds into other mids
ahhhh right okay yes I see the confusion. I didn't see reggies bid because he bid on about 10 players at the same time. If you would like Swan you may have him now, I realise it was my mistake.

Back