NSW State Election (28/03/2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not true. They nearly picked up two lower house seats last time. Balmain was very close and marrickville would have gone green if their candidate hadn't made a complete goose of herself trying to get the council she was on to BDS Israel.

*If there hadn't been a complete scare campaign around BDS.

Given the Labor councillors had voted for BDS too but were just thrown under by a ridiculously hypocritical campaign ("Councils shouldn't be involved in world politics" from the Tebbutt camp when she as Mayor instituted a similar boycott on Burma that remains non-controversially in place).

labour to claw back regional seats over lib's mismanage and some heartland seats.

But overall it's a liberal win, opposition is doing * all and mike baird is probably the most well spoken and understanding pollie currently invovled in any parliament in the country.

Yes they're doing ****ed up things, but unless they're dumb enough to campaign on these *ed issues like privatising electricity they will win, the inclusion of John Barilaro indicates the government is either going to shut down talking about it and then do it after being elected or man up and referendum it.

what people outside of NSW don't get is that labour in NSW was corrupt useless and ****ed over the very people they are supposed to rely on for votes that short of an epic scandal the lib's won't go anywhere. and no, sacking a pollie over a bottle of wine isn't a scandal its point scoring.

Labor in NSW is at a crossroads. they are trying to appeal to voters that normally wouldn't vote for them and in doing so they're abandoning the people they relied on to gain power with those voters now disillusioned labour in NSW labour are neigh unelectable in 2015.

Literally the only thing baird has to do is keep his house in order and say no to the ANZ upgrade in favour of one of the other stadium upgrades and he's won the election. the only thing that could unseat him is having The honourable Chief Dickhead of Australia campaign alongside him.

Re: the Greens.

Likely to hold Balmain.

Marrickville/Newtown was a very close race between ALP and GRN last time. I believe the electoral boundaries have changed slightly, not sure how this will effect the outcome. Anyway, the GRN's will be a shot in that seat.

An interesting one for the GRN's is Sydney. They would win that in a canter were it not for strong left-leaning independents, such as Moore and Greenwich, with an interest in LGBT rights.

Last edited:
what people outside of NSW don't get is that labour in NSW was corrupt useless and stuffed over the very people they are supposed to rely on for votes that short of an epic scandal the lib's won't go anywhere. and no, sacking a pollie over a bottle of wine isn't a scandal its point scoring.

I agree with much of what you said but disagree a bit with this. Labor's corruption was terrible, although was mostly Obeid (though with accomplices in MacDonald, Tripodi, Roozendaal, Kelly). The Liberals' corruption, while what they did probably stinks a bit less (done for the financial benefit of Nathan Tinkler rather than one of their own), has had far more people tied up/implicated in it - ten of them having to withdraw or be suspended from the party. I think at this point Labor's pretty well cleaned out those connected with the scandal of their last government (although the recent re-endorsement of Noreen Hay was pretty bad).

I think at this point Labor's pretty well cleaned out those connected with the scandal of their last government (although the recent re-endorsement of Noreen Hay was pretty bad).

Except for Robertson who was in it boots and all. Paul Keating said everything that needs to be said about him.

I agree with much of what you said but disagree a bit with this. Labor's corruption was terrible, although was mostly Obeid (though with accomplices in MacDonald, Tripodi, Roozendaal, Kelly). The Liberals' corruption, while what they did probably stinks a bit less (done for the financial benefit of Nathan Tinkler rather than one of their own), has had far more people tied up/implicated in it - ten of them having to withdraw or be suspended from the party. I think at this point Labor's pretty well cleaned out those connected with the scandal of their last government (although the recent re-endorsement of Noreen Hay was pretty bad).

difference is the liberals mess hasn't been splashed all over the papers

All of a sudden the state election got interesting. Labor won't let the public forget it was under Baird that a madman was running lose and killed 2 people.

All of a sudden the state election got interesting. Labor won't let the public forget it was under Baird that a madman was running lose and killed 2 people.
If anyone on any side of politics tries to gain mileage out of what just happened they should be stamped on, hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no chance that will happen in this state.
at most baird introduces a review of NSW bail laws with bipartisan support.

the fact people actually consider such a thing is merely a reminder that Sydney is the only civilised city in country.

no chance that will happen in this state.
at most baird introduces a review of NSW bail laws with bipartisan support.

the fact people actually consider such a thing is merely a reminder that Sydney is the only civilised city in country.
Agree with your first sentence but smile at the last one;)
Seriously though, no chance of Labor in winning NSW, only chance of perhaps increasing seats and not losing any.

Agree with your first sentence but smile at the last one;)
Seriously though, no chance of Labor in winning NSW, only chance of perhaps increasing seats and not losing any.
Don't think Labor will win, but they will reclaim quite a few seats they lost.

I'm willing to bet though the by-election in SA got the attention of the NSW Liberal party as they prepare their campaign strategy, SA Libs lost a blue ribbon seat to Labor on the back of the hatred of Abbott.

Don't think Labor will win, but they will reclaim quite a few seats they lost.

I'm willing to bet though the by-election in SA got the attention of the NSW Liberal party as they prepare their campaign strategy, SA Libs lost a blue ribbon seat to Labor on the back of the hatred of Abbott.
Agree with the first part but it seems that the public are warming to Baird and I haven't really heard much from Labor leader.
There are many issues that the opposition can raise and selling of assets may be one of many but haven't heard much to date.

Since the by elections robbo has been active in the hunter and labor has and gained good air time,they had a strong alternative plan for the region as opposed to the libs closure of the heavy rail ,baird and his ministers have been mia and will go to the election with the closure of the heavy railline as their main achievement ,the hunter is 10% of nsw population a long term government needs to hold hunter seats

Snicker. Robertson signed a letter on Monis' behalf three years ago. And he won't release the letter for public view.

With this muppet in charge, I doubt Labor will claw back many seats at all.

Since the by elections robbo has been active in the hunter and labor has and gained good air time,they had a strong alternative plan for the region as opposed to the libs closure of the heavy rail ,baird and his ministers have been mia and will go to the election with the closure of the heavy railline as their main achievement ,the hunter is 10% of nsw population a long term government needs to hold hunter seats
Yer sure , i bet Robbo signing letter on behalf of Lindt cafe murderer two years ago, will sure gone down a treat with the electorate. Admit it Robbo is a IDIOT .

Robbo's letter is a non-story - every MP who's worth anything will write letters on behalf of constituents. That's what a local member does. It's ludicrous to suggest that when this person came in with an issue regarding DOCS that Robbo could have gone "Actually, no, because I have a feeling you're going to shoot up a cafe in three years' time."

Sadly the report is Labor's potentially dumping Robbo, which only enforces the notion he's done something wrong (he hasn't) and sets precedent that essentially any assistance offered to a constituent who then goes on to break the law could mean strife for that MP. It's not really how a parliament should work, it's utterly ridiculous and is just going to make local members more apprehensive about providing assistance for the people in their local area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back