NSW v VIC Robertson Oval Wagga

Remove this Banner Ad

Good start to the day by the vics.....................handscombe has come back to earth since the sheild season returned
:(
white out stumped, Stoinis is still there & Christian:eek:
with the gun tail still to come, featuring Siddle, Tremin, Boland & Ahmed:drunk:

:(
white out stumped, Stoinis is still there & Christian:eek:
with the gun tail still to come, featuring Siddle, Tremin, Boland & Ahmed:drunk:
Siddle and Boland are good enough bats at this level for the tail. Unsure why you underrate both of them and Clint McKay with the bat.

Looks like I was well off the mark with it turning into a good batting wicket. Plenty in it of the spinners this morning, Victoria would be wishing they had the extra spinner for the second innings

Stoinis looking steady and has played some good shots.

Good start to the day by the vics.....................handscombe has come back to earth since the sheild season returned

With hindsight his much highlighted Twenty20 century against Perth was probably the worst thing for him (as well as that mid-season injury)

All I can say is, thank god for Stoinis who looked like he was batting on a different wicket. Unfortunately just ran out of partners and had to throw away his wicket.

Obviously a lot in it for the bowlers, there seems to be some uneven bounce for the quicks and a fair bit of turn for the spinners. A really poor batting performance from Victoria more than anything though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a really good days cricket yesterday, while the scoring was slow there was plenty of action. NSW won the toss and went into bat on what looked like a good batting wicket. We did have some big storms Saturday night though and the humidity was high which made me think the ball might do a bit early.

A couple of early wickets got NSW on the back foot and wicket seemed a little sticky which was making scoring a little difficult. Maddinson and Patterson steadied the ship and were looking like they might go on with it, but a big break through from Christian and a terrific run out from Chris Rogers has the pair back in the sheds in the space of a couple of overs and NSW in trouble again.

Scoring remained slow from then on and just as Henriques and Neville seemed to be getting the blues back in the game Henriques tried to get the scoring going ( hitting Ahmed for a massive 6) but through away his wicket going too hard and being cleaned bowled from Tremain.

The last session belonged to Victoria who smashed through the tail. Siddle was the pick of the bowlers, he beat the bat time and again.

The next 3 days are going to be quite hot, and from what I've been told, they expect it to be a decent wicket to bat on. Will keep you updated today.
My man said the track was no good and was keeping low on Day One and that if it got to Day Four they would be rolling, Day Two thus far would suggest he might be right.

Bad Tracks will kill the concept of playing games like this in the bush.

NSW now 4/45. Anything could happen here.

I'm all for taking games to the country and think it's a great idea, but from this thread and other articles i've read it sounds like the wicket was very poor for batting.

I love a good bowling track, but this just sounds like it's a poor cricketing wicket which hasn't got the right preperation.

I would think that's 100 too many based upon what my mate said yesterday. He reckoned balls were keeping very low late in the day, happy to see what bird_man thinks but this was an experienced cricket watcher who knows his wickets.
It's the most they can chase IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back