NSW v VIC Robertson Oval Wagga

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats wrong with a bowling wicket? Seriously batsmen can score runs...heck Maddinson is 70 odd!
Nothing. I believe wickets are too batsmen friendly generally. Just pointing out that a WA fan would have other reasons to like this wicket. With 2nd struggling along in this match.

Maddinson is making a bit of a case to the selectors at the moment. 3 50's and a 49 from 5 trips to the crease in the shield. Two scores on a pretty ordinary track in this game.

One of the great things about the World Cup being on is that it gives those not in the 15 man squad a great chance to just play some 4 day cricket without a whole bunch of other distractions going on.

Normally teams are chopping and change due to the various international commitments over the summer. For the first time in a few years we're going to be able to play out half a summer of 4-day cricket with squads that - injuries aside - are very stable. Probably a great way to lead in to an Ashes campaign cause all those world cup squad are very much known quantities at first class or test level. Maybe Faulkner and Cummins are two they'd like a chance to see at FC level as for various reasons they haven't played much FC cricket over the last 2-3 seasons.

Maddinson is making a bit of a case to the selectors at the moment. 3 50's and a 49 from 5 trips to the crease in the shield. Two scores on a pretty ordinary track in this game..

When he stops being dumb he is probably the most talented bat in domestic cricket. I hope he sorts himself out mentally. Not opening has helped him this season.

When he stops being dumb he is probably the most talented bat in domestic cricket. I hope he sorts himself out mentally. Not opening has helped him this season.
This might be the season that he starts to step up. So far good and 3 games to go to continue to press his case.

I would think that's 100 too many based upon what my mate said yesterday. He reckoned balls were keeping very low late in the day, happy to see what bird_man thinks but this was an experienced cricket watcher who knows his wickets.

Their was definitely variable bounce yesterday and today but I don't think it is near as bad as your mate suggests. Definitely a bowlers wicket though. I think it's just hard to score off more than anything and we seen a lot of batsmen throw there wickets away.

This might be the season that he starts to step up. So far good and 3 games to go to continue to press his case.

Needs hundreds though, and he needs to do it in back to back games. He is too talented a bat to be averaging 30 or whatever he is. I do feel (and I have always said this)...Maddinson should bat at 4 or 5.

Nothing. I believe wickets are too batsmen friendly generally. Just pointing out that a WA fan would have other reasons to like this wicket. With 2nd struggling along in this match.

The one good thing about having the WC is that other pitches have to be used...and these pitches are rarely roads. Make the batsmen earn their runs!

Wonder why they aren't showing a stream. There is a camera at the ground. You can see Dougies hat trick on the Cricket NSW facebook page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely can't be that bad a pitch if the run rate is almost 5 an over.
More just down to Maddinson going at more than run a ball I think.

8 down now with a 300 run lead. Should be more than enough here but funnier things have happened.

Anyone else noticed that all the scorecards on the cricket Australia website have "Extras - false" on them... Not a big thing, but the attention to detail on that site is pretty second rate.

Needs hundreds though, and he needs to do it in back to back games. He is too talented a bat to be averaging 30 or whatever he is. I do feel (and I have always said this)...Maddinson should bat at 4 or 5.
Needs big hundreds to show that he's more than a flash in the pan. Talent is unquestionable, mental application is the big ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back