NTFA 2012 DIV 1- footy rumours!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard Andrea Miar signed at rocherlea but no longer playing their, seems to have a habit of taking the sign on fee and leaving, still think rocherlea will be the team to beat. Might go undefeated two years in a row.

Apparently oshea has signed at south?

I haven't heard a lot from bridgenorth, coming or going? Pretty handy list if it can stay the same.

Georgetown hearing mixed rumors, some say their flying others tipping them to miss the 5, not sure really?

Bracknell done pretty well to keep their aging guns together, and mix it up with a few younger players, Gilligan the only big name recruit so far, but they will be there abouts.

Longford have picked up quite a few players from div 2 clubs, most will add to the depth at the club. Be interesting to see if any can become top 10 players.

I think hillwood will slowly improve with their younger players, can't really see them making a huge jump tho.

Scottsdale can be hard to judge some times but haven't heard much at all?

Deloraine... Just hope they can get 3 teams on the track

Does anyone know if andrew wilmot is staying at Rocha?
with gardiner, zadow, Shaun Viney, bannister and cousins gone, I think that will make Rocherlea somewhat touchable.

I wish I knew something about bridgenorth, they've picked up tim curwen and apparently lost Danny hall so you'd think they'll still be capable.

As for Longford they have picked up a few Perth boys, but have lost Damien smith and Jason Moore so will probably be the same as last year.

The last two weeks, hillwood have signed dylan Williams from foster, and a young player from Hamilton who played TAC cup, I know they've gone after more youth and signed Weedon, Jason Taylor, chae evans and nathan Barry all from statewide. Rumors are they've got squires, Jason Moore, jack mclelland and russel Glyde playing. I have close ties with someone involved in the club, they believe they'll be top 5 this yr especially with max Pearce as coach.

I've heard deloraine are really struggling, and havent heard much on scottsdale relating to big recruits

confirmed departures from Rocherlea.

Wilmot
Bannister
Zadow
S Viney
Cousins
Etchell
Damien Summers
Gardner
Luke McLean
Cadman

Almost half of their premiership team! picked up Azzy Viney and Wickham has signed for 2 more years

Summers has reportadely gone back to OLs to chase coin which is fair enough now he is nearing the end of his career

Andre Miar pulled a swifty on them and shot off to Melbourne after accepting a sign on fee

Oh dear. That is terrible from Miar.. How could you do that, taking the coin and then leaving very dodgy bloke....

I would imagine Rocherlea will not be anywhere near as strong, I reckon they could battle against a well coached opposition..
Summers rumoured to be getting 500 bucks a game, also told he was walking laps at training, dont know how you could except 500 a game and not do the drills.

Interesting times in this comp,.

I hope in is a good year for all involved.

Wilmot,Etchell,Cadman are all training and staying at Rocher:thumbsu: Also Seth mcrimmon,Shannon Mansell hasnt missed a session and Zane Brown tearing up the track.They will be just as strong as last yr if not better.
confirmed departures from Rocherlea.

Wilmot
Bannister
Zadow
S Viney
Cousins
Etchell
Damien Summers
Gardner
Luke McLean
Cadman

Almost half of their premiership team! picked up Azzy Viney and Wickham has signed for 2 more years

Summers has reportadely gone back to OLs to chase coin which is fair enough now he is nearing the end of his career

Andre Miar pulled a swifty on them and shot off to Melbourne after accepting a sign on fee

The word going about is that rocher aren't having big numbers on the track and that azzie viney isn't far from leaving if the numbers don't pick!
Philpott must be a bit worried as he was seen looking in on bridgenorth training the other night...!

Viney wont leave he loves it up there from what ive heard, and they have been getting good senior numbers not many reserves.Seen them in the gorge the other night the ones that were there looked very fit .

heard rice is still on mainland but working week on week off and possibly one or two mates from darwin happy to make the trip evry 2nd or 3rd week watch this space????

Jordan Kitchin has been rumoured to move to Bridgenorth after playing in Ringarooma's reserve premiership last year, Jordan has asked for $300 a game and is in tough negotiantion with North Launceston aswell

How can someone ask for $300 a game if your just playing reserves, the only way u dont get a kick at that level is by not playing at all. This guy must have serious tickets on himself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordan Kitchin has been rumoured to move to Bridgenorth after playing in Ringarooma's reserve premiership last year, Jordan has asked for $300 a game and is in tough negotiantion with North Launceston aswell

Ok then comeback time! I'm 40 and played nefu reserves when the comp was strong, in my mid 30's on one leg. Was top 4 in the Union b and f for 4 years during that time. Do you reckon I'm worth 250????:rolleyes:

Ok then comeback time! I'm 40 and played nefu reserves when the comp was strong, in my mid 30's on one leg. Was top 4 in the Union b and f for 4 years during that time. Do you reckon I'm worth 250????:rolleyes:
If you were on 2 legs you might be,some clubs are offering big coin these days:thumbsu:

Anyone heard if Paul Oshea has signed up anywhere? Last i heard was that he was opting between sth l'ton and bracknell..?
Where are Hillwood and evandale playing there practise match this weekend?

Anyone heard if Paul Oshea has signed up anywhere? Last i heard was that he was opting between sth l'ton and bracknell..?
Where are Hillwood and evandale playing there practise match this weekend?
oshea signed with south.Lilydale v Rocherlea 12.30pm at lilydale tomorrow,Hillwood v Dale @ Hillwood 12.30pm:thumbsu::D

By the looks of the clearances going through for this year hillwood have picked up a few. Don't know the quality of the players but most of them are coming from TSL.

Birdgenorth had longford covered pretty easily last night in there practise match. Heard bracknell took a young side down to hobart and bet Dosa 2nds/1st by 15 goals.

Any practise games on this weekend?

Looking at hillwoods clearances, most of them have been denied. It really gets me cut when state wide clubs don't clear players, who want to leave. Rant over. Any other news on practice games that have been played or coming up?

If you are relocating to Melbourne and interested in playing for a great/successful club in a strong league, possible employment opportunities please respond and we can discuss off line. Our preference is tall forward/backman

Thank you

predictions before round 1
rocha ( about the same as last year with handy pick ups, viney stubbs and woodward)
bnorth ( curwin edwards good pick ups and be hard to beat again)
longford ( big improvers for the year with some handy recruits mainly perth boys)
gtown ( few old faces gone but sutton along with hughes crane baker back hard to beat)
bnell ( be round abouts but nothing special with the losses of some key postions)
hillwood ( good young players coming through and picked up but no finals this year)
dela ( lost heaps and gained nothing)
sdale ( lost 7 to OLs plus NEFU and a new unknown coach will be a struggle)

just my thoughts anyway since there hasnt been much said lately

he ended up at sdale crows, any ressie player would get agame there since they havent won a game in 2 years. and there paid players are very overrated cooper, buller etc

Well know surprises after RD 1, the parrots and the rock apes seem to have hit the ground running! Interesting game come RD 2 when they play each other, I did hear that half there side won't be playing as they have a wedding on that day!
G-town had a close one with bracknell, the redlegs had a couple of senior guys out, but i reckon these to will be fitting for third spot!
Longford will be about the mark, see what they are like when come up against some good team.
Hillwood matched it with bridgenorth,but again can't play 4 qrts,they may catch a few teams out though.
the roos and pies will just make up the numbers by the looks of it.

Anyone know if there is any truth to the story about wilmot from rocher "allegedly" king hitting someone on the weekend against bracknell, Story i am hearing is that they reported the wrong guy for it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back