NTFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
marshell has sighned up with willwood on pretty good cash i no selby really well and he is playing there and the others have already walked out on the club trained once never seen again

Heard Ben Wheeler is coaching out lilydale way... heard they lost a few but picked up Josh holton and also brad foley!

evandale have also been busy they have sighned router from ringer and the thomas boys from there as well plus could players from town so looks like ols will not win a game this year they dont want to spend money to get players.

Yeah i heard that also... the thomas boys will be a good pick up and also heard that the scolyer boys and mathew adams from st pats have signed as they are mates with router.. not to sure if there is any truth 2 this tho!

yes all of them boys have sighned up tp play but the club doesnt have the money to afford them plus keep the players they have the thomas boys want 400 a game each router about 500 the scolyer boys want 300 a game and they have adam savel how the paying 200 game a lot of the local boys who play there r pretty up set about it look for a big walk out cause they dont have the money to pay them

yes all of them boys have sighned up tp play but the club doesnt have the money to afford them plus keep the players they have the thomas boys want 400 a game each router about 500 the scolyer boys want 300 a game and they have adam savel how the paying 200 game a lot of the local boys who play there r pretty up set about it look for a big walk out cause they dont have the money to pay them

That's some serious cash being bandied about there Juddy.

Router can't play there due to work commitments, and all the Ringa boys have left also, no amount of money is going to help them anyway.

Wheeler to Lilydale is correct, had an old Div 2 coach head out there and last a week, President gone and lots of players have left, will struggle.

Good on OL's for not paying blokes (well lots of them anyway), yeah they might struggle in the short term but will benefit in the long run, look at Scotch, definitely helped them. How are the Scotchies going anyway, lost many or picked up any?

So the scolyer boys have signed out there then? I hardly believe that they are paying that much cash... all rumours i think! Didnt know Adam Saville was playing out there tho so thats interesting... I heard they have had a few on track...

Router can't play there due to work commitments, and all the Ringa boys have left also, no amount of money is going to help them anyway.

Wheeler to Lilydale is correct, had an old Div 2 coach head out there and last a week, President gone and lots of players have left, will struggle.

Good on OL's for not paying blokes (well lots of them anyway), yeah they might struggle in the short term but will benefit in the long run, look at Scotch, definitely helped them. How are the Scotchies going anyway, lost many or picked up any?

Who was the old coach? Heard scothc have picked up a few more players so they will go well again and also fingal have the Lowe boys back so it should be interesting... St Pats with Howard should be strong as players will just wanna play under him and heard Perth have picked up half of Longford and suppose to be the team to beat other than scotch. Lilydale lost a heap and O'Ls if they have picked up a few then they will improve. Uni Mowbray will be there abouts again you would think> Evandale would improve with the players they have got and havent heard anything of the Tamar Cats???? Anyone know anything more on whos picked up?

Where have the Thomas boys et al ended up VOS?

Has Lilydale still got the G'town boys heading that way?
Not sure Big H but I just heard that because Router isn't heading out there anymore they aren't going to go either.

Everything around this time of year with regard to who is going where is generally all bullshit, but always fun to spread what you hear!

Who was the old coach? Heard scothc have picked up a few more players so they will go well again and also fingal have the Lowe boys back so it should be interesting... St Pats with Howard should be strong as players will just wanna play under him and heard Perth have picked up half of Longford and suppose to be the team to beat other than scotch. Lilydale lost a heap and O'Ls if they have picked up a few then they will improve. Uni Mowbray will be there abouts again you would think> Evandale would improve with the players they have got and havent heard anything of the Tamar Cats???? Anyone know anything more on whos picked up?
Apparently a very recent Uni coach.

Fingal will be there about's again with the Lowe boys and a few other St Helens lads there, you wouldn't think they would lose too many games and home and will therefore be there abouts.

Perth are always the team to beat and always have these gun players coming down, and inevitably they always do nothing...

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Old Scotch v Fingal for a third straight year in the big dance.

Apparently a very recent Uni coach.

Fingal will be there about's again with the Lowe boys and a few other St Helens lads there, you wouldn't think they would lose too many games and home and will therefore be there abouts.

Perth are always the team to beat and always have these gun players coming down, and inevitably they always do nothing...

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Old Scotch v Fingal for a third straight year in the big dance.

Seen all these posts so did some research and got some "inside" mail for you.Firstly lilydale lost half senior team including whiting(lton) howard(e;dale)t bardenhagen(bombers)d bardenhagen(b;port) dwer(b;port)hawes (magpies)viney (r;lea)c tuckerman (qld) these are all i know anyone else care to add.
E;dale- router is coaching is workin away will be back in early feb, matt adams is helpin him out, thomas boys trained last night with roy fit as from all reports. all the ringa boys are gonna play for router as there all mates. apparenty the dollars are nowhere near the rumors.
Fingal team to beat picked up quality players Lowex2,spilsbury,denolm,gowans and agree scotch will meet them in gf.did hear whisper that spilsbury knee no good either.
Tamar-lookin to rebuild with buchanon gone and sav linked to the parrots could be tough season
Perth- big recruits big money big pressure hope they perform for clubs sake.
more to follow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POSSIBLE LADDER

Fingal
Scotch
Perth
St Pats
Evandale
Uni
Lilydale
OL's
Tamar

Where's Bucky gone Insider?

Fingal seem to have all the blokes who went to St Helens back. I laughed when i saw their team in for hte grand final last year, the average age was about 38, so no wonder they got flogged. They were so confident their best player (Jason Hall) had to fly back from Melbourne to play and then fly back that night because he thought they had no chance to even get past the first week and booked tickets to watch the saints play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have good mail bucky retired for good. yeah fingal will be very strong jason hall good value to fly in even if he's older than jesus!!!!!!!

If Perth can get a couple of faster legs for their midfield they could go all the way. The one time someone took it up to scotch last year, they let a six goal lead go and only won with a fluck of a goal, great front runners but do not like the really physical stuff in a far as ball pressure. Fingal could be good but not really strong on the road and not very quick, St Helens didnt exactly set the world on fire last year when half the blues went their.

And another thing, maybe some clubs should have alternate strips (eg St Pats White jumper) now there will be O'ls, Fingal, Evandale, Tamar and Lilydale with mainly blue strips. Combine this with the mud and have seen players pass the ball to the opposition. Ntfa should have never let clubs change strips so that they clash which all bar O'ls have done in the last couple of years.

If Perth can get a couple of faster legs for their midfield they could go all the way. The one time someone took it up to scotch last year, they let a six goal lead go and only won with a fluck of a goal, great front runners but do not like the really physical stuff in a far as ball pressure. Fingal could be good but not really strong on the road and not very quick, St Helens didnt exactly set the world on fire last year when half the blues went their.

You're right about St Helens not really doing that well, i reckon that Spilsbury is the key. He was great early but may have been injured later and St Helens dropped away as well.

Clearly you never watch a game of theirs last year? Blokes like Tom Pedley, Kym Curtis, Sean Smith, Will Thatchell, Michael Jordan, Matt Harvey (I could go on) loved the physicality. From the games I watched they were harder than each opposition they played. The others tried to go the dirty on them but they took it and were by far way harder at the ball.

I would watch a few games before you say rubbish like that. If you saw their game against Perth at the NTCA, Perth were actually leading at half time but Scotch were way more physical in the second half and smashed them, also helps that you don't have half the team having a smoko out the back during the break!:rolleyes:

You're right about St Helens not really doing that well, i reckon that Spilsbury is the key. He was great early but may have been injured later and St Helens dropped away as well.
Yep, injuries didn't help them, Spilsbury was a massive loss with his knee, was dominating up to that point. One of the Lowe's broke his wrist early too I seem to recall.

Saw Scotch approx 6 times and at Perth they lost their way big time in the second half against a side whom but pressure on at the ball, not going the knuckle like most teams did against them. Pedley, best in div2, curtis experience gets him thru and rest good players but Shaun Smith, biggest sook in the whole ntfa and a marshmellow for sure. Difference between scotch and the rest is that their bottom 6-8 players are better than other sides at the moment and if the team mates stopped letting Sam Tucker being a punching bag the guy would go close to kicking them 100 a season

Good mail insider! Heard that st pats have lost a big recruit and howard is having 2nd thorts about coaching!

howard has sighned daniel breadmore during the week will be gun pick up for them and he has sighned ulvie ledgend simon warmsley who will play every couple weeks

howard has sighned daniel breadmore during the week will be gun pick up for them and he has sighned ulvie ledgend simon warmsley who will play every couple weeks
e

He would do very well under Nathen but isnt he over in WA?

would be great if bready was about is a good player and would be good for the club and comp. warmlsey WAS a gun but like howard time has caught him. Also VOS good mail spilsbury broke down was best chf in nefu and matt lowe broke his wrist. without injury st helens win the flag they had 7 players out against lilydale in prelim and they limped to 16 fit men at halftime against ringarooma. perth to beat scotch???????? lots of work needed there one wouldve thought. s.smith may be soft but every club would welcome him with open arms surely one of the most polished in the ntfa??

Breadmore is a joke.

There are always blokes pumping up his tyres on this site, himself being one of them... He did absolutely nothing with OL's when he played there (apart from take their cash), he did nothing at South when he went up there (there is a post on this site where he is banging on about how many goals he said he was going to kick - went no where near it).

He is all talk, no action. Plays for himself and would be a liability to any side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back